Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assaulting a second unit after shooting the first to nothing.

2 posters

Go down

Assaulting a second unit after shooting the first to nothing. Empty Assaulting a second unit after shooting the first to nothing.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:18 pm

So I'm seeing an outright contradiction...

pg 33... "[a unit] cannot assault a different unit to the one it previously shot at."

pg 67 "However, if a transport is destroyed (either result) by a ranged attack, the unit that shot it may assault the now disembarked passengers, if it is allowed to assault according to the assault rules."

So, what I'm seeing is the pg 33 quote applying to SURVIVING units, meaning that if you apply the pg 67 quote you wipe out a squad of (oh, let's say) fire warriors, they are no longer a valid target, assault the crisis suits. (with all other applicable rules)

Or, on the other hand, the pg33 quote applies to both surviving and "recently departed" targets, then according the assault rules, pg 67 wastes five lines of ink... (and i doubt is the spirit of that rule)

Or, on the other other hand, that's the only exception.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Assaulting a second unit after shooting the first to nothing. Empty Re: Assaulting a second unit after shooting the first to nothing.

Post  kerr_matt80 Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:36 am

im kinda confused about what your askin by ill give it a whirl...you can only assault a unit you didnt shoot at in that case because it was the one inside the transport...so the only time that exception becomes applicable is when the shooting phase claimed a units transport and said unit is in assault range of your shooting unit
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Assaulting a second unit after shooting the first to nothing. Empty Re: Assaulting a second unit after shooting the first to nothing.

Post  System Commander Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:54 am

Thats right. If you shoot a transport and it blows up, you can assault the unit that was in it. If you shoot a unit and wipe it out or it breaks and falls back, you cannot assault another unit. Makes the decision to shoot or assault pretty important. I have the problem all the time with all my berserkers.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:21 am

Ah, the exception then. Fair enough.

I guess my point of contention is that you aren't shooting at the passengers, just the transport, which is considered its own unit in every other situation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Poacher wrote:Ah, the exception then. Fair enough.

I guess my point of contention is that you aren't shooting at the passengers, just the transport, which is considered its own unit in every other situation.

Try thinking of it this way. An embarked unit and the transport they are in are co-existing at the same location on the table. A unit is shooting at the location where 2 units co-exist and can therefore charge the unit at the same exact location. I hope that helps

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down