Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideal 1500 competitive 'cron list

5 posters

Go down

Ideal 1500 competitive 'cron list Empty Ideal 1500 competitive 'cron list

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 am

As I learn more and more about the 'crons... :-) List building is a real thinking mans game with this army. You've got options, that when unfocused, lead to spending points on things that don't translate to effectiveness on the table.

Here's my line of thinking now. Darren will be pleased O_O. Notes on Strategies at the end.

HQ ---

1. Overlord 90
With: Orb +30, Scythe +10, Weave +15, Phase Shifter + 45
= 190
Court: 2x Crypteks of Destruction 70. 1x Cryptek of Eternity with Chronometron 40
= 110

2. Destroyer Lord 125
With Orb +30, Scarabs +20
= 175

HQ Total = 475

Elites--
1. 5x Praetorians with Voidblades and Casters = 200

Troops --
1. 5x Warriors 65 in a Night Scythe + 100 = 165
2. 5x Warriors 65 in a Night Scythe + 100 = 165
3. 5x Warriors 65 in a Night Scythe + 100 = 165
4. 5x Warriors 65 in a Night Scythe + 100 = 165

Troops Total = 660

Fast Attack
1. 5x Scarabs = 75

Heavy
1. Annihilation Barge = 90

Total = 475+ 660 + 200+ 75 + 90 = 1500

---

The Lord stays with the Royal Court to offer them protection from shooting (with the help of the Cryptek of Eternity to re-roll a failed save). The Royal court offers two S8 shots (one twin linked, if need be) that are good against medium vehicles (can use re-roll on a pen roll, or a damage result... depending). Should they get assaulted, the lord is no slouch. I'd have to drop 15 points somewhere to give him scarabs though (which'd be more ideal, I could drop the barge, add scarabs and mindshackle scarabs).

The Destroyer Lord will join the Praetorians and hunt for larger vehicles or medium assault troops. Probably sticking behind a Nightscythe to earn a cover save.

The Troops section... mmm flying scoring predators for 165 points? yes please. This offers a lot of S7 shooting, or they can trapeese along the battlefield at 36" a turn and earn a seksy cover save, depending on the situation. Of course, this includes fanning out to get objectives.

Scarabs... exist to make my opponent worry about his vehicle placement. A squad of Scarabs *will* destroy a vehicle every game.

Annihilation Barge, offers one more set of S7 shooting.

Probably needs some refinement. If I go this way... Darren will enjoy the $250 for 4 big-ish vehicles and a couple of paint pots.

Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Ideal 1500 competitive 'cron list Empty Re: Ideal 1500 competitive 'cron list

Post  Roland Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Can't you only take one of each of the Harbingers?

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Roland wrote:Can't you only take one of each of the Harbingers?

You can take as many of a type of Harbinger as you like, but only one of each wargear option per court. I can take 10 Harbingers of destruction, for example, spread across two courts, but I can only take two solar pulses.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:29 pm

they come standard with thier BOOMstick, which is the important part for the destruction crypteks.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Are you allowed to take more than one per court with the str 8 shot though? I thought each weapon loadout per court was unique regardless, meaning you could never have more than two of any cryptek weapon or wargear. It's kinda vague (surprise!).

Edit: I read it again and I guess you're right. Why they followed the word "single" with "specific" baffles me. It's like it was written by a 15 year old. The redundancy only confuses the matter. It almost makes me think that a court can only have crypteks from one of the "schools" instead of mixing and matching. I wish these GW idiots could write rules Crying or Very sad
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:55 pm

As for the list, this is a definite step in the right direction. Easily the best looking list you've posted yet. It has speed, and threats in every slot (that's what she said). Not a lot of redundancy with those scarabs, and I could possibly see those becoming wraiths in the future, but otherwise it looks pretty tight.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 pm

an army can have any number of specific type of harbingers, which is accomplished by paying x points, and exchanging the staff of light for the eldritch lance(or other appropriate stick, tremorstave, etc)

so you can have as many as 10 harbingers of destruction, if you've got two courts. You can only have one of each of the other two upgrades per court however, so only 2 solar pulse and 2 gaze of flame. Or one of each, if you've only got one court.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Ok i just re-read it, and my head hurts.

It can be read as you can only have one of each Harbinger.

It can be read as you can have as many of each Harbinger as you want.

It can be read as you can have 0-5 crypteks, but they all have to be the SAME kind of Harbinger. ("Any number may be upgraded to a SINGLE SPECIFIC Harbinger...")

I also re-read the credits, and while it gives credit to Mat Ward for writing it, and tons of painters, game developers, etc, I can' t find anyone credited as a editor, proof-reader, or anything of the nature.

I believe this could possibly be a reason for the confusion and lack of consistency in the rules.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:41 am

Seems pretty clear.

Any number of Crypteks that are in a royal court can be upgraded to a single, specific type of harbinger. Whilst you can any number of harbingers of a specific type, each of the harbingers unique wargear options can only be chosen once in each royal court.

Options:
Upgrade to a harbinger of destruction, exchanging staff of light for eldritch lance
-May then take any of the following:
*Gaze of flame
*Solar pulse

The only ambiguity i see is that they should elaborate on the wording for harbingers "unique wargear options"
I'm certain this refers to each techno-sorcery discipline.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:38 am

Until they FAQ it, this is how I'm playing it.

0-5 crypteks of any kind in a court, mix and match as you please. Only one of each non-stave upgrade.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:25 am

guys, if you go back and read the Fluff AND the rules under the cryptek's entry, then the rule makes sense. its one of the few rules where the wording only makes sense if you read the storyline for the model ANNNNND the rule. for those lazy, the summary of the fluff page is that while crypteks of different "schools" are more than willing to usurp another "school" out of an overlords royal court, it is exceedingly rare and usually due to a lack of foreknowledge that they would ever do so to another crytek from the same "school" as they are from.

this current codex definitely does NOT allow for a fast page-flipping read-through, does it? you gotta really sit down and read everything carefully or there's alot of confusion.

but im just glad that the one xenos army that caught my eye is finally updated and encouraging me to make a small showcase force. i'm going to have a pair of crypteks (one scratchbuild, another a counts-as from warmachine), an overlord, squad of lychguard, a squad each of tesla and gauss immortals, deathmarks, destroyers, a few warrior squads, an annihilation barge, and some scarab swarms. no idea if it'll even be competitive at all, but its being built to look cool and have variety.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:40 am

Shocked Embarassed Surprised Sleep farao farao Mike: That's my point. Crypteks are described as "no two alike", different schools trying to vie for the overlords attention.... but by the rules, you can have 5 identical crypteks (whether you upgrade to a harbinger or not). I realize the fluff and crunch are distinctly different, but this just doesn't pass the smell test to me. I'll play it however the group is though
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:26 pm

It's worded they way it's worded so you don't take a solar pulse and a harp of dissonance on the same cryptic. So you don't have a cryptic from two schools. I'd love to have a chronometron and an eldritch lance on the same guy, but the rules say no. :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down