Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunters Vs.

3 posters

Go down

Would you like to participate in a sister league on a different weekday night?

Hunters Vs. Vote_lcap35%Hunters Vs. Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
Hunters Vs. Vote_lcap30%Hunters Vs. Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
Hunters Vs. Vote_lcap35%Hunters Vs. Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

Hunters Vs. Empty Hunters Vs.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:11 am

Alright, as mentioned in the Voxcast thread, there is some discussion as to whether or not the league should try out a new format, with the standard Hunters of the Warp crew retaining the standard site, playing on wednsdays and the like, While a somewhat more competitive league starts up on a different day of the week.

As I mentioned in that post, Both Jim and myself would be willing to run this league, most likely in a campaign format as a trial. If things turn out poorly, we've always got the opertunity to fold back into the standard league at a later date, and in the interim it would take some of the pressure off of Robin (I feel for you man!)

Very little of the specifics are worked out as it is 4:00 am as I write this, but I believe this could lead to a fun and competitive environment. For the first set, which would likely strech from the start of april until the end of June, We'd be charging either no fee, or a $2-5 entry with the money going towards purchasing a piece of terrain (Either a citadel model or comissioned from one of our great local sculpt/painters) for the back room.

The poll is up, lets see what the hunters think.

Back to top Go down

Hunters Vs. Empty Re: Hunters Vs.

Post  Administratum Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:48 am

As more or less of a spectator (well im active, but i dont really know many details) in these things, i want to applaud your actions. I am honestly excited about the idea of two different leagues, and the fact that this city has enough people that it might be possible to support both. All animosity aside, i really think this could be taking the community (not being sarcastic) to a new level. From my perspective, if i ever want to get back into tournament play (which i do) it would be very nice to be able to cross over into a more power oriented league where i could test my lists against the really hard core stuff. That is, assuming that you guys would be ok with me playing. I can understand if that were not the case...

Regardless of your feelings towards me i would be willing to work on a site for you if you like. Doing the basics would only take me an evening, as it would be my 5th(i think??) using the forumakers templates. If you wanted to go with a different host it might be more difficult, but i dont know why you would, as these guys have done no wrong since we made hunters. As far as playtimes, mordheim is happening on thursdays, and is growing quickly, but for the most part fridays are wide open. Well, i think they are... fantasy used to run until midnight on fridays, but i dont know what they are upto these days. It might also be useful to include Darren in any plans you are making.

If this goes ahead let me know if there is anything else i can do to assist. I seem to have a fair bit of time on my hands these days, though who knows when that might change.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:53 am

That's good stuff there Caros.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:04 pm

i love the idea school is easy basketball season is over, so i am super board painting a lot nowadays, i could really use this to occupy my time.

Back to top Go down

Hunters Vs. Empty hunters league

Post  Commander James of the Ul Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Although I will not be able to take part in the league battles to often I am very interested in helping the league in getting a board. So that all members of the site can battle on. Of course at first there will be only one and every one will want to battle on it. In time (like a great business... WESTSTOCK FARMS OOOOOHHHHH YA) will grow to more boards. If same one wants to contract me on the board thing contact me and lets start a serious fund for these boards.

ps sorry about the Weststock Farm thing some thing big happened in the business and i'm TOTALLY PUMPED

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down