Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counts as... Worldeaters !!

+2
gluvzer
System Commander
6 posters

Go down

Counts as...   Worldeaters !! Empty Counts as... Worldeaters !!

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Well, as much as the Blood Angels is looking appealing to an assault loving army guy like myself, I dont think I have it in me to do an entirely new army. Well, at least a red army. A flesh tearer or similar chapter would be cool enough, but I think Ill pull up on the stubborn bus and try hard to work the new Angels codex into a counts as army for my Wordeaters one.

Now, I already know Im going to have to pick up a few new things, such as a Baal, a dread or two, etc. I have a unit of Khorne Raptors which will make great assault troops, a bunch of Khorne terminators (although Im guesing my weaponry will be a bit off). I might have to add some more. I do have a Chaos Lord with wings which is an easy substitute for any HQ, as well as a Kharne conversion for the same duty.

I guess Im wondering what I'll about the rest. The big one of course is the Stormraven, and I really dont think Im going to attempt to scratch buid that one. Ill probably skip out on this one though until a time comes when the model pops out.

Im wondering about the basic berserkers. Any new model I add Ill have to chaos it out so it fits it, but the basic berserkers themsevles are going to be a stretch. The basic Blood Angel trooper is still going to carry a bolter, and Im assuming a Pistol/CCW, but Im not sure yet. My entire plan is contingent upon that though, if they dont come with pistols, Ill have to decide If I should start form scratch, or buy up some more regular chaos marines. Has anyone heard if the basic trooper has bolter, pistol and CCW?

Anyone else whipping something for the angels?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Counts as...   Worldeaters !! Empty Re: Counts as... Worldeaters !!

Post  gluvzer Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:20 pm

iirc basic vanilla marines have a bolter and bolt pistol. I doubt they'd give the cc to BA tacticals but you never know.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Yeah.. thats what Im afraid of. If they dont have the pistol/ccw, I dont think I can justify using berserkers as standins, ..

That being said, maybe I should buy some new models, I havent for awhile. Believe it or not, Ive never bought any space marines before, just guard, chaos and daemonhunters.

Maybe I should just skip it and focus on getting some new guard stuff on the table. I guess Ill just calm down and wait for the codex.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:44 pm

zerkers=death company maybe? I think the unit is max 30 or something
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Assuming the rules are solid, I'm probably going to switch over to Blood Angels for a change of pace when they come out.

I love assault marines, but C:SM/Space Wolves just can't do them any justice. Everything I've heard says the Blood Angels will be a very assault heavy force, which should be a good change of pace to my standard melta/shooty strats.

Personally I'm just going to treat them the same way as I do Space wolves, As a seperate company of my Marines. Melta/specialty gear - C:SM, Strong tac squads with a powerful Libby - Wolves, Assaulty specialty - Blood Angels

I'll put money down that their tacs will be Bolter and pistol. Space Wolves keep to Sword/Pistol/Bolter because they still act as a 'legion'. Blood Angels are a far more Codex chapter.

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Caros wrote:

Personally I'm just going to treat them the same way as I do Space wolves, As a seperate company of my Marines. Melta/specialty gear - C:SM, Strong tac squads with a powerful Libby - Wolves, Assaulty specialty - Blood Angels

Sorry, but I may be reading this wrong. Are you currently using 2 books for your army and soon possibly 3?
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:35 pm

When I play them in apoc etc yes!

Sorry, it was a little off. What I mean to say is that when I feel like playing C:SM I have a fluff reason for playing them, mainly that I'm playing the 3rd Company. When I feel like playing a more assaulty game, I'll bust out my Blood Angel's codex and use those rules to depict the 5th Company instead.

Basically, I'm just giving a helpful suggestion as to how to explain the variances in rules between codex while not having to have three seperately painted marine armies (Other than company markings)

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah, looking at things more, it would be pretty rough to try and stretch the Worldeaters into Angels.

I mean, most thing are easy translations but the Bersekrers themselves would have to be Death Company. With the rumour of 0-1 on those guys, I'd have to have a pretty damn large unit to make use of all the zerkers.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:42 pm

C:SM has an option for assault squads to drop their packs for a free rhino. C:BA might do the same thing, like you stay best bet is to wait and see what it says when the book is out
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:24 pm

Im still planning on jumping on the old blood angels bandwagon myself.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:15 pm

Man, its gonna be cool to see some of the different takes on this force. I just scratch built a BA sergeant true-scale, with a flaming sword!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Hmmmmm, i sense a thinly veiled challenge in the air....

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 am

The blood red gauntlet has been thrown sir!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:12 am

And for you, the red fist sir!!!

Counts as...   Worldeaters !! Powerfisting_by_gesmana

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 am

haha! Let the games begin!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:28 am

Anyone going to put the new gargoyle wings on the sanguinary guard http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490603&prodId=prod680007a to make them chaosy?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down