Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campaign sign up

+5
Paz
sewerstalker
System Commander
Veyure
Terran
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Campaign sign up - Page 3 Empty Re: Campaign sign up

Post  Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:54 am

In Response To Jemal's Post,

\\that summarises everything well. There are a few notes I will make though. The scenario with respawns is gone, so the necrons thing no longer matters. For deployment I would say that every game other than on a roll of a 5, (so 1234-6) depploy 12" from your table edge. Also, player going first puts down his objective first. As for games per week, in the mind set that this is to be finished before the next league; I would not put in a limit. If a commender is very ambitious, then they can take over very much very fast. As for the name, I would say to call it a campaign, (ex:: "do you want to play a campaign game?") And yes, Im putting stating territory down to 2 since we have lots of players.

You also do not have to use the same list over and over again. But you will be stuck with the same codex. And your list must be final before starting deployment and rolling scenario. As for entrance fee, Im indifferent at this point, I will bring paper to mark down games on next wednesday, so Ill also take votes on whether to make the entrance fee.

So I think everything else you posted is correct in my view of how to run this. I hope it goes well. Also, I have reading break next week, so I might decide to spend the afternoon at the Den. Seeing that there is a large number of students, maybe we can make Wednesday the 17 as sort of a launch day, and try to get a lot of games in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjihad Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:33 am

Jemal wrote:What are we calling this? It's not the league, it's not really a tournament... I'm just confusing myself everytime I talk about it.

I'd call it The Campagin or...

The S.S. More Powerful Than Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together.
Cjihad
Cjihad
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Cjihad wrote:
The S.S. More Powerful Than Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, and the Incredible Hulk Put Together.

That was a good boat =)

Im also adding that I agree that we should lower the value of objectives. I'll say 500 for center and 250 for others, and for King of teh Hill, center is 1000

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:14 pm

I haven't really had a chance to check this in a while, but I have noticed kind of an unfortunate bug in the dark eldar always "ambushes" concept and that is that in that particular scenario the player deploying around the edges always goes second and there is no possibility for reserves. Without the random element of being able to go first, that scenario kind of comes off as shooting fish in a barrel. It gives me the unfortunate feeling that whats supposed to be an interesting bonus rule is just shooting me in the foot if we roll that scenario up (and with my luck we always will Razz )

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:33 pm

Ooh, yes, you made me notice a type, \\\the player in the middle Can't use reserves/deep strike. The attacking player (guy going second) can put any of his units in reserves.

And this is, to a degree, a push back to 4th. I am a fan of 5th ed's return to True LoS; but I am not a huge fan of there only being 3 missions, which come down to really only 2 missions, objectives and kill points, and kill points I dont really like.

Too many of my 5th ed games all ended teh same way:: Move my fast vehicle, contest there, contest there.... now roll, does the game end?
Not to say that I dont toss my Wave Serpent across the table and do that, but I find it boring when in the end the first 4 turns become unimportant.

So, who would be up for a game Wed round 3pm?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:27 am

I'll take you up on that game. It'll give me a chance to get used to the new (or old if you want to be specific Razz ) rules.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Darksfear wrote:I'll take you up on that game. It'll give me a chance to get used to the new (or old if you want to be specific Razz ) rules.

Ok, I'll see you there, I'll also bring a notepad to mark down people's game wins and losses.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Proxies. What's people's take on them?

Specifically, I'm trying to switch to a more inquisition army w/less guard, but I'm a bit short on funds, so it'll be a few weeks til I get all the proper models. (Specifically I've been using marines to sub for Sisters and my 2 basilisks to sub for Exorcists).

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:37 am

I dont mind, however if you have anything non-WYSIWYG, you must make it very clear that it is not what it appears, as well as what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:35 pm

So today's the day then, eh? We doing anything special to start this up? Some grand storytelling or a smack-talk extravaganza? Wink (Probly shoulda asked this sooner)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Jemal wrote:So today's the day then, eh? We doing anything special to start this up? Some grand storytelling or a smack-talk extravaganza? Wink (Probly shoulda asked this sooner)

i think that we should update the planets status based on what happens in the battles, eg a win against the tyranids and a defeat for the eldar would result in a story. The hive fleet treadaton struck a crushing blow to the eldar war effort bye killing there farseer this results in yada yada yada someone make up an awsome story

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Great answer, Ben.

How about the two that have the battle come up with a little somethin about it after the fact? Maybe using highlights from the game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Altansar Farseer's Battle Report::

Yesterday we met up with our brethren, the Dark Eldar. Our mobile attack force snuck up on a patrol of Witch Raiders. Our first hope was to parley, however they had decided to strike immediately. Pumping themselves with combat drugs, the Witches sent one of their raiders directly into our Fire Prism, damaging it greatly with their heywire grenades; the crew was unable to fix the damage to the main cannon until much later.

However the Dark Eldar's luck ended there. Under my psychic influence, all their dark lances failed to even glance our Waver Serpents' armours; while scatter lasers, shuriken cannons, and bright lances made short work of Raider armour, destroying and exploding their targets with almost every hit.

As a last ditch effort, the enemy Archite's Raider crashed into the central Leyline point in order to make a last stand. The Witch Lord's entire retinue was gunned down by a mass of shuriken and laser fire. But, in melee combat, The Archite took 20 Eldar souls before Maugen Ra managed to gun him down atop the burning wreckage of his Raider.

But the battle did not end there. The Space Marines had watched this encounter and prepared to take our ground after we had fought so well for it. I called in reinforcement to replace what was lost earlier in the day; at the same time however, a Space Marine strike force massed upon the battlefield. Again, I had hoped to parley with the Space Marines in order to hopefully create some allies on this world.

Sadly, I had not accounted for the energies contained in the Leyline. The Witch Lord's earlier blood sacrifice of twenty Eldar Guardians atop the Leyline had awakened daemons. And just before parley could occur, demons appeared out of thin air. Knowing that the Space Marines would blame us for the daemons, I had decided to launch an attack on the Marines. I figured that the chaos created by the daemons would make this an easy fight.

But the Dark Eldar had not taken their earlier loss lightly. As we began our assault on the space marines, another force of six Witch Raiders rushed onto the scene. They quickly dispatched the daemons, and then rushed into battle with us. Thankfully, Maugen Ra used the opportunity of melee combat to finally parley with the Dark Eldar HQ.

All the while, Drop pods crashed into the ground atop our column; Wave Serpents and Dreadnoughts were exploding everywhere; Assault Terminators were smashing our line. The battle was won by the Space Marines. They took the ground we had captured. The Daemons we had hoped would tax the space marine supplies, were simply cut down by the Dark Eldar in the dozens.

Maugen Ra had however managed to negotiate terms with the Dark Eldar during his very long one on ten combat. Intrigued by our battle prowess, the Dark Eldar allowed us to use their raiders to escape the Space Marines in return for a military alliance. Craftworld Altansar now stands with the Witch Cult.

All will come to know just how powerful the Eldar from warpspace are.
We shall present a great challenge to all who would dare oppose us in the conquering of this world.

--End Log:: Altansar Farseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:53 pm

so you and tyson lost a teritory point who were the players that won

aawsome battle report bye the way

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:10 pm

That was a fun game other than I lost 600 points to deep strike mishaps.
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:00 pm

alright looking for a campaign game possibly some time this weekend if anyone is up for it
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Im going to copy/paste the campaign scores into this thread on the 1st page

Me and Tyson have 1 win and loss each
Rhett Lost 1
Adam (not me) gained 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:30 pm

HiveMindRuik wrote:alright looking for a campaign game possibly some time this weekend if anyone is up for it

i am down name the time

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:16 pm

saturday at 2?
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey Ben I can't remember did we count our game as campaign or just for fun? (I think you were a but under-cost weren't you?)

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Such foolishness from you, Canadin Farseer. The true Altansarii would never abide any alliance with those that continue the life that lead to our downfall and subsequent imprisonment! That our already weakened Craftworld has to suffer such division is unforgivable. When the time is right, those devoted to the preservation of our traditions and the downfall of Chaos will take you to task...

- Autarch Fir'une

But seriously, this is hilarious. If we are literally going with the faction names and stuff, we now have two Altansar-themed players. I would be down for a campaign game on Wednesday, or possibly during the day on Saturday or Sunday. Any takers, let me know. Any time on Sat, early afternoon on Sunday, and around 5:30 on Wednesday.

Randy and I had another Nid and Eldar show-down. We were unsure if it would be a campaign game or not. Since it ended in a draw, we decided it likely wouldn't matter anyway.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:06 pm

hey terran how about we play again on sunday then Razz this time we shall have a real campaign match if yes then how does 1 sound to you?

Last edited by HiveMindRuik on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 pm

HiveMindRuik wrote:saturday at 2?

sure

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Private Message::

To: Autarch Fir'une

We are not so different from our brothers the Druchii. Do not forget that we ourselves were cast into the warp not so long ago. And other Craftworlds say that we can be trusted no less than the Dark Ones. As an autarch, it is your duty to be skeptical in defense our people, however I am a seer. I have looked into the strands of time, and have seen that the Druchii will have an important role to play in the near future. Their lust to slaughter Mon-Keigh is great; and if you had seen them slaughter nearly 50 daemons in almost no time at all, as I saw, then you would understand how necessary they will be in the cleansing of this planet.

I will not ask you to join them on the field of battle; I do however ask you to trust my wisdom in joining them there.
It is time of mael dannan; total and merciless extermination

--End Transmission

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:12 pm

1pm on Sunday sounds fine Randy. What point level are we looking at? 2000 again?
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next