Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th

+4
HiveMindRuik
System Commander
dusktiger
Lore Weaver
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th Empty Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th

Post  Guest Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:02 am

1500 point Warhammer 40k tournament on Saturday May 28th 2011

Schedule
10:30-11:00 set up tables
11:00-1:00 round 1
1:00-3:00 round 2
--lunch intermission--
3:30-5:30 round 3
5:30-6:00 give out prizes; clean up; leave

EDIT:: There will be a limit of 2 special characters per army

Prizes will be in the form of gift certificates to the den. There will be an entrance fee of 10$. Prizes will depend on how many are attending. Prizes will be for the 3 top ranking players, a random draw, and for the best painted army. The best painted army will be determined by a ballot after the second round.

Points will be assigned as 3 for a win, 0 for a loss and 1 each for a tie. Players will receive a painting bonus based on how many of their units are painted: 3 points for fully painted army, 2 for greater than half, 1 for less than half, and 0 for unpainted. Players will also mark their opponent's on sportsmanship with a value form 0-3. The average of all 3 numbers will be added to a player's total score.
Rounds will be 2hrs long, with reminders when time is running short. When time is called, game is immediately stopped. The winner is checked, and we move on to the next round as quickly as possible.

The mission and deployment type for each mission will be determined by a dice roll as explained in the Warhammer 40k 5th edition rulebook. If BOTH players dislike the results of the random roll, then they can re-roll or choose what deployment type/mission to play.

Players will be able to sign up until the morning of, however signing up earlier makes things much easier to organise for.

Last edited by canadin on Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th Empty Re: Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I should be able to make that, and should have 1500 points of painted Necrons... (I actually might have that already, although I have a small number of dudes left to paint).

I might not be that competitive though, the kid just beat me by forcing a phase-out. His Terminators in a Landraider aren't healthy for my warriors on foot Razz

Edit: I like how you're doing Best Painted Army. Should be a rule that you can't vote for your own though.

Edit 2: Might be tough for me to make it, unless the tourney can stand two 4-yo spectators! (I might, in that case, bring the portable DVD player for when they get inevitably get "crazy", they're well behaved, but that's a long time Razz )
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th Empty Re: Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th

Post  dusktiger Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:40 am

you guys should make these tournies on a sunday so those of us with "real" jobs (sticks out tongue) can join more regularly. there's at least myself and 2 others i can think of that regularly work saturdays and get annoyed we can never make it cause the tourny's on a working day for us 10-hour shifters.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:09 am

For a future event, you might be able to do something in 2 or 3 evenings @ the Den.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:05 am

Although its not mentioned specifically, I will not count votes for one's self.

As for the sat vs sun issue; im used to people working mon-fri, or jsut having an erratic schedule. if there are more people that can make it sunday rather than saturday then I will make sure to make the next one on a sunday.

Also, one thing is that I very much want to make these tounraments to last a single day. Fanning them out over multiple days I think would make it very difficult for people to commit to.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:52 pm

The Den does open a bit later on sundays, but if you talk to him about it he can open an hour or two earlier.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:20 pm

you know ducktiger there is a system one can employ to attempt to attend these gatherings.....whats it called now......oh yes book it off Razz
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:31 pm

HiveMindRuik wrote:you know dusktiger there is a system one can employ to attempt to attend these gatherings.....whats it called now......oh yes book it off Razz

oh yea, im gonna book 6 weeks in advanced to take a day off for a GAME, Razz you realize nick would slaughter my ass if i did that, right? nick's been a bouncer and knows how to use a knife too. nooooo thanx lol.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 am

dusktiger wrote:
HiveMindRuik wrote:you know dusktiger there is a system one can employ to attempt to attend these gatherings.....whats it called now......oh yes book it off Razz

oh yea, im gonna book 6 weeks in advanced to take a day off for a GAME, Razz you realize nick would slaughter my ass if i did that, right? nick's been a bouncer and knows how to use a knife too. nooooo thanx lol.

then quite complaining Razz you dont wanna book it off you dont get to play simple as that
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 am

Hey, I went to sign me and "The Kid" up and there was no signup list at the den yet.

When can I sign up?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Tue May 03, 2011 7:41 am

I'll not be able to make it to any sat event, now that my store is open saterdays now. Keeping fingers crossed for a sunday event.
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th Empty sign up day

Post  Selik Tue May 03, 2011 7:20 pm

I may not know when I can sign up, but I will try to get in on this tournie...I may be one who signs up the day of. But I will hope I can make it down to the den before that.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 3:26 am

There should be a sign-up sheet at the den (I recall the posters being up last time I was there); right now I am in Montreal for the week so I can't check anything.

As for sign up date, you can join thr morning of the tournament as long as the store is not full. I beleive the last 2 events I ran had about 12 people in them; and I do recall the limit for players being 16 at the Den (given the existing tablespace).

Also, please make note:: In response to popular request, there will be a limit of UP TO TWO SPECIAL CHARACTERS PER LIST. These can be HQ characters like Vulcan or Eldrad or upgrade characters like Telion or Snikrot.

Back to top Go down

Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th Empty models for tournie

Post  Selik Wed May 04, 2011 8:06 am

so if your codex has a forge world model that can be used, can we use it because it is listed in the dodex?

can the models you play be a conversion or home built to represent the models from your codex?

Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed May 04, 2011 9:56 am

Im sure the requirement regarding forgeworld models is in relation to using the Forgeworld rules as well.

There would be no restriction about using forgeworld models IF the unit is in codex. Like, a Forgeworld dreadnought? Khorne Terminators, etc.

Im guessing this is what you mean? What model are you talking about?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 4:57 pm

You can bring anything with rules detailed in your army's most recent codex edition.

So Flyers for example are generally not allowed unless there is a codex entry for them like Storm Ravens or the Dark Eldar flyers in their Heavy Support section or Tyranid Trygons (using their entry from the Tyranids Codex, not APOCALYPSE)

If you want to check a specific model then you can ask here.

Back to top Go down

Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th Empty model type

Post  Selik Wed May 04, 2011 7:09 pm

if I bring my WH I use a repressor. I also made my own exorcist tanks, I do not like the organ looking model. I just want to make sure that those models would be appropriate, or I could bring 2 seperate lists I guess.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu May 05, 2011 9:45 am

Is the repressor listed a unit choice in the WH codex? I thought they were an Imperial Armour unit.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu May 05, 2011 10:44 am

Your Exorcist should be fine, as long as it's basically a Rhino-ish chassis with a bunch of missile tubes.

The Repressor is IA only. It'd counts-as a Rhino, Immolator or (if you have Arbites or IST's riding in it) a Chimera. I actually think the Chimera is closest in spirit (able to take a HF, multiple firepoints, etc).
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07, 2011 2:26 am

Roland wrote:Your Exorcist should be fine, as long as it's basically a Rhino-ish chassis with a bunch of missile tubes.

The Repressor is IA only. It'd counts-as a Rhino, Immolator or (if you have Arbites or IST's riding in it) a Chimera. I actually think the Chimera is closest in spirit (able to take a HF, multiple firepoints, etc).

exactly as he said it; Be sure that any opponents you face know which of your models are your Exorcits, but it is fine to use them

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Sat May 07, 2011 8:25 am

I realize after I psted that my repressor was IA. But if I could use it as a rhino that would be good, I am short on transports I think. I should try to find a couple more rhinos to buy maybe.

As for the exorcists, they are on rhino a chasis, they have a missle launcher system that I thought looked mor appropriate other than the GW organ looking thing which I dislike.

I have been playing around with several of the armies I have for the tournie, Orks, IG, SM, CSM, and WH. they all have viable options which all would be fun to play.

Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Spring Tournament -1500- Saturday MAY 28th Empty darn it

Post  Selik Fri May 13, 2011 11:18 am

Found out I can not make the tournie....and I have 4 armies to choose from and ready to go now....Life is just getting in the way between coaching ball running to soccer and camping events this spring. At least I am not working the wednesday or manday evenings at work until september now. I guess I will just have to find some time to get some reg games in when I can.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri May 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Tried to sign up for the tourney the other day but Al couldnt find the sign up sheet. ...
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu May 19, 2011 7:43 pm

I just went back today to sign up, but there's NO SIGN UP SHEET.

Is this event happening? This pisses me off because I have to make a special trip to get down to the den. I can't exactly hang out at the den and play "find the sign up sheet".

Is this event even happening? I had to arrange for someone to watch the twins for a whole day. So if you're cancelling it, let me know, FFS.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu May 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Last I heard from Adam, he was visiting fam in Montreal, and I know he had some other stuff going on. Lemme check thru my stuff, I think I have one of his email addresses.

I checked his status. He hasn't been on the forum since the 7th. I just dropped him a line, hopefully we'll hear something.

Last edited by Roland on Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New info)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next