Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2k Orks

3 posters

Go down

2k Orks Empty 2k Orks

Post  Freezingoon Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:48 am

Just playing around with some numbers based on models I actually own.

HQ-
Big Mek:105
-Heavy armor, force field generator, Burna
Warboss:105
-Heavy armor, Powerklaw, bosspole, cybork body

Troops:
Nobzx10:290
-Painboy, Waagh Banner,each with eavy armor
Transport
Battle Wagon: 155
-2 big shoota, boarding plank, grot riggers, armor plating, red paint, deff rolla

Gretchin Squad: 40
-10x Grotz 1x runt herd

Gretchin Squad: 40
-10x Grotz 1x runt herd

Deff Dread: 100
-2 big shoota’s Armor plating grot riggers

Elites:
Lootas x15 :225

Kommandos’: 265
-Snikrot, 2xBurna

Fast Attack:

Storm Boyzx20: 325
-Zagstruk

Heavy Support:

Killa Kansx3:180
-Kustom Mega Blasta, grot riggers armor plating

Killa Kansx3:180
-Kustom Mega Blasta, grot riggers armor plating

I kind of like the looks of it, mostly because pin the blast template on the big squad of boyz is my least favorite game to play as the orks. The Zagstruk unit is pretty big and expensive, but I like to rely on him a bit for creating a big brawl somewere (though the formation of deep striking the unit still kills me to even place that many orks in a tight circle ).
Freezingoon
Freezingoon
Crusader

Back to top Go down

2k Orks Empty Re: 2k Orks

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:03 am

The mek/force-field/wagon, I can say from much experience, is always a good strat - that's one tough tank to bring down. Also, Def Rolla = awesomesauce(As you are well aware), though I don't know about the big shootas. Not sure if they're base or add-on, but I wouldn't pay anything extra for'em, you're not likely to be shooting them that often. (Tank shock/Ram and move troops is all that thing ever does!)

I love the kans, and snikrots always fun..
Lets see, so what's changed from what I'm familiar with? Down to a single dread, and dropped the truck... and 20 stormies in their place, eh? not sure what to say about the change, You'll have to tell me how it works as opposed to the old team.

Also, how could you not love playing 'Blast the Boyz'? *Evil Grin*

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 pm

The way I understand the rules, if your Kanz are in a squadron, aren't they destroyed if immobilized? So why have the riggers? Also for a squadron, aren't all stunned results counted as shaken? So why have the armor plating?

It'd only be useful if you already lost 2 Kanz, at +10 pts per can with 6 kanz, you can bring your grot squads up to 19 grots and a runtherd instead. (+27 pts per grot squad == more cover for stuff, or some more BS 3 weak shooty)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm

be careful when your playing zack's kan list for the first time though. you could get..............KANNED! lololololol, bad pun i know. Razz
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down