Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Older Dex wargear and vehicles

4 posters

Go down

Older Dex wargear and vehicles Empty Older Dex wargear and vehicles

Post  gluvzer Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:35 pm

I looking for some clarification or ruling on how we will be using old codex wargear and vehicle rules and costs. Problem is, I am planning on taking a Inquisitor out of the Daemonhunter codex for the play-offs and I want to make sure I use him properly so there is no possible problems later.

I want to know if we are still using the rules straight out of this codex ie. unlimmited range psychic hood, 4+ invulnerable save in cc stormshields, open topped chimera's if being fired out of, higher points cost for transports, for a few examples. Or are we changing things to be more in line with recent codex's

Any ruling on this System Commander?
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Older Dex wargear and vehicles Empty Re: Older Dex wargear and vehicles

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:18 pm

We'll use all the rules straight out of the codex for the playoffs. His psychic hood will be unlimited, but you'll have to purchase his dedicated trasnport if you want from the Daemonhunters book, and use the retarded version of them.

I wish GW would fix these up.

If someone was playing a pure Daemonhunters list, we'd delve into it more (Leman russes, sentinels, etc.) but I think your just taking the Inqusitor/retinue so besides the hood, I dont think there's anything else to crazy.

I really wanted to play Daemonhunters for the league next time around, but what a mess that'd be.. ugh.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Out of the codex it is. Thanks.

Yah, some further looking into may be needed if you want to use the codex and take guard as allies with different variants now. However, I think the Russ is just a basic russ as you weren't aloud any of the variants before. But sentinals....
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Thrre is a FAQ for guard now on Gw site giving answers about using the inquis allies from both books. Covers what can be taken by hunters and sisters which is pretty crappy (one LR tank normal only no special ones)
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:32 pm

I would agree 100%. Basic Russ, no variants and no squadrons. I would probably lean towards the sentinels being either scout or armoured, since they both changed names. Roughriders stayed the same.. and platoons are way better. You lose the armoured, but no big deal.

I cant see anyone wanting to deal with that codex until its reworked.. to much pain and rules talking you'd have to go through with your opponent.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:33 pm

There was something in the guard faq I think about some of that stuff...sentinals in particular I think I remember seeing and maybe something about veterans. Nothing about psychic hoods but you might want to have a look at it for the other stuff
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 pm

I do remember it specifically said you can't transport Grey Knight termies in a Valkyrie.. Smile Ill have to go check quickly at the other stuff, but I dont remember them talking about the wargear much.

They had the perfect opportunity to faq the Culexus.. which can go to assault 20+ with two Psyker battle squads, but they decided to leave that one alone. I guess if your fielding two psyker battle squads your going to take a bit of heat from your opponent anyway.. why make it worse by taking the Culexus.

Here it is:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m470041a_FAQ_ImperialGuard_2009.pdf

Yeah, so not to much in there. You can take Armoured or Regular sentinels, a Basic Russ, and I guess the only one that will apply to you Ryan is your officers can't give any commands to your Inquisitor..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum