Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eldar Riposte Host

5 posters

Go down

Eldar Riposte Host Empty Eldar Riposte Host

Post  Timbo Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:10 am

Now, before anyone accuses me of anything this army is an homage (or rather, ripoff) of an army I saw on Bell of Lost Souls: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/search?q=falcon

My version is 1700 points and uses models I actually own, but is similar in concept:

Autarch Jetbike Reaper Launcher Mandiblaster Laser Lance 155

Autarch Jetbike Reaper Launcher Mandiblaster Laser Lance 155

5 Fire Dragons 80

Wave Serpent TL Shuriken Cannons Star Engines Spirit Stones 125
10 Dire Avengers Exarch Double Catapult Bladestorm 152

10 Dire Avengers Exarch Double Catapult Bladestorm 152

10 Storm Guardians Warlock Singing Spear Destructor 2 Fusion guns 130

10 Guardians EML 100

10 Guardians EML 100

3 War Walkers 6 Shuriken Cannons 120

Falcon Grav Tank EML Holo-field Spirit Stones 180

1699 points

Objectives should be spread out as much as you can. Opposite corners if possible. Force the opponent to divide his force as much as he is willing to. Then the whole army deploys in reserve (war walkers can flank march also!). The 2 Autarchs mean that any unit arrives on a roll of 2+ on turn 2. Try to go second, and your opponent will have 2 turns of doing nothing. If he spreads out, you can concentrate on one quadrant and smash him with local superiority. If he concentrates in the middle, you can deploy at the edges and start picking off his units, starting with the ones that are a threat to your vehicles. The two Guardian squads are placeholders for a big Warp Spider squad. However, I really like the EMLs against any army that has pinnable units. When they only get 3-4 turns against you, losing one is pretty big! The Autarchs can shoot their reaper launchers as they close (jetbikes are relentless) and then assault with 6 ws6 str6 power weapon attacks each. If they are kept together, they should be able to gut a unit in one turn, and given a reasonable amount of terrain (or they can hide behind one of your skimmers) they shouldn't get shot at until they have assaulted something. The all-reserve thing is really no beardier than Daemons all deep-striking or Space Marine all drop pod, etc. Thoughts?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Eldar Riposte Host Empty Re: Eldar Riposte Host

Post  Veyure Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 am

i really like the list. kinda wish i had thought of it. The all reserve thing is something i'd like to do, but is not very safe with many armies. having 2 autarchs is the way to go though.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:08 pm

don't you have to deploy something?

And if you do have to deploy something, what if Tau shoots all of that something in the two shooting phases before you can bring in your reserves?

seems risky... or boring... well boring to play against. unless you have do deploy something, then it'd be fun trying to kill you before reserves could deploy...
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:48 pm

you don't need anything on the board for reserves to show up unless it has a special rule like the monolith or something like that. you can in fact hold your entire army in reserve. and why would that be boring to play tom? the game would be quick for the first little bit and then nothing but pure strategy for the rest.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:28 am

I don't really understand how it would be boring. It's not like the first two turns would take any amount of time. Just think of it, Tau running forward and seizing objectives!
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:43 pm

You dont have to deploy anything on the table at all. Im sure the game wouldnt be boring at all.. you'd be under pressure the whole game I would think!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Anderson Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:06 pm

The theory behind that list is pretty impressive, I'm curious on how it'll play on the table.

One flaw though, what happens if you've got that list playing against someone that has like a whole flanking list like a bike list? You'd just be staring at each other for a turn and a half. :p
Mr Anderson
Mr Anderson
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Well, a whole flanking list will come on piecemeal. And due to the flank march rules, will likely have their army split on opposite ends of the table. The Eldar can come on all in one zone. I don't imagine it would be pretty for the bikes... But you're right, until it's playtested a bunch it's all conjecture.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun May 17, 2009 2:05 am

OK, played this list a few times now. It seems very good. Hard enough to not give up too many kill points and fast enough to grab/contest objectives. Going second is wicked good when my opponent's reserves deep strike/roll on to an empty table!
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down