Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tank shocking monsterous creatures

2 posters

Go down

Tank shocking monsterous creatures Empty Tank shocking monsterous creatures

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Talking with a 'Nid player (guess which Razz) and trying to find a way for a space marine army to deal with monstrous creatures with my current army list (besides blast the cheese out of them). We're thinking that tank shocked monstrous creature would behave like infantry: Move aside on the successful test, or death and glory. I cannot think of how to allocate wounds in a 'Death or Glory' situation, as it seems like pure cheese to be an instant kill with a unit having 5 wounds... While still understanding that this would be the choice of the player controlling the monstrous creature.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Tank shocking monsterous creatures Empty Re: Tank shocking monsterous creatures

Post  gluvzer Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:19 pm

pg. 69 of the 5th ed. rulebook. The creature (one model) would get one attack shooting or cc that hits automatically. If the vehicle is not stunned, immobilized, or destroyed the tyranid would die regardless of wounds, no saves at all.
As well the Monstrous creature would not need to test to begin with (fearless or immune to pyscology whatever rules Nids get. I don't know), you choose if you want to move out of the way or Death or Glory.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:12 am

Hive Tyrants are fearless for sure and Im pretty sure Carnifex are as well. No reason to stand in front of that thing, get out the way!

If you REALLY wanted, you could death or glory. You'd get your one attack that auto hits but if you dont stunned, immobilize or destroy like Ryan mentioned, your dude is done.. no wound allocation.. hes just dead no matter what his toughness or how many wounds he had. Now, Carnifexes should burn through any vehicle that comes close (usually str. 10 +2d6), so you have ask yourself, do you feel lucky?

As for dealing with monstrous creatures, stay away from them and shoot them up. As well, a squad of terminators with thunder hammers and storm shields will wipe out a carnifex without even blinking. Even regular terms with storm bolters and fists will beat him up.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:23 pm

Ah yes. That's a fair assessment. I think the crux of my confusion was what were valid targets...

"If an enemy unit other than another vehicle is reached..." from pg 68 and a lack of any special rules under the monstrous creature listing when i was assuming there would be (and with my understanding that these rules themselves are new, i wouldn't put it passed GW to have forgotten)

On a separate note: I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding caused by me in my other thread. I was attacking the idea, nothing else. I'm not known for "eloquence".

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 am

No problem.. it's definitely a goofy one. Ive never seen it come in a game or even heard about it. If they death or glory, they should kill the vehicle and at the very least stun it.. but hey, weird things happen when you have to roll dice.

I think Im going to purposely start running my rhinos at monstrous creatures now at the off chance some crazy demon prince my try to death or glory it.. haha!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down