Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tight 1500pt Grey Knight List (and battle-report)

+2
Commander James of the Ul
Lore Weaver
6 posters

Go down

Tight 1500pt Grey Knight List (and battle-report) Empty Tight 1500pt Grey Knight List (and battle-report)

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Jy2's Grey Knights. This list is *tight*

Coteaz (Divination, Warlord)
Xenos Inquisitor - Level 1 Psyker, Force Sword, Psyka-troke Grenades (Divination)

10x Strike Squad - 2x Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo

Psyfleman Dreadnought - 2x TL-Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo
Psyfleman Dreadnought - 2x TL-Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo

Aegis Defense Line - Quad-guns

-----

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/472234.page
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Tight 1500pt Grey Knight List (and battle-report) Empty Re tight grey knights

Post  Commander James of the Ul Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 pm

List is missing hammer time. Every Justicar must have his (or her) hammer time, and gotta master craft that craziness up too. Psychotroke grenades are hit and miss. I have moved to Rad grenades, always know the result and can strategies accordingly. Love the psy cannons awesome against infantry, MC's and armor no higher then 12. Just some thoughts have fun with it.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Tight 1500pt Grey Knight List (and battle-report) Empty Re: Tight 1500pt Grey Knight List (and battle-report)

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Oh right... Hammer Time :-)

I knew something loooked amiss.

4 tight troop choices with amazing shooting potential, and they can deep-strike two? And Psifleman Dreds are okay, I hear.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Tight 1500pt Grey Knight List (and battle-report) Empty Re: Tight 1500pt Grey Knight List (and battle-report)

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 pm

That list is crazy good. 40 men on the ground. Tons of shooting. Counter charge unit. For 1500 points. Ide be scared.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:09 am

yea i dont see to many TAC lists having an easy time with this one. The only thing it might struggle with is heavy armor? I don't remember the stats on Psy-dreads vs AV 13/14.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:22 am

The Dreds are 12/12/10 with 4 Twin Linked S8 Shots.

The Dudes have 4 S7 Rending shots on the move, 6 if they stand still.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 am

I thought Psycannons were Assault 2 or Heavy 4....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:31 am

Lore Weaver wrote:The Dreds are 12/12/10 with 4 Twin Linked S8 Shots.

The Dudes have 4 S7 Rending shots on the move, 6 if they stand still.

I ment one of the blogs i frequent (BoLS/Implausible Nature/etc.) had broken down the mathhammer for the Psy-Dread vs av 13/14 and I don't remember if it was good/bad. I agree the rending shots can get lucky, although its just like 6's for gauss. Some games it will work, others it won't. I just thought i'd point out if it runs into a vehicle heavy list it will struggle to down that armor fast enough. Espeically if the oppenant has a couple of decent pie plates to hurl about (thinkin of the 3 vindicator list i saw for vanilla space marines).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:53 am

I was wrong about the dedicated transport for termies.. But i definitely know psycannons are heavy 4 .. Smile

On paper.. Grey knights seem better in 6th than 5th. .. And they were pretty fantastic in 5th. I havent tried them out yet though.. Ive been trying to get some games in with daemons to see if they can work a bit better than in 5th.

The list is pretty scary for shooting for a 1500 point list. Although truthfully id still opt to take a unit of basic.termies with a psycannon. I had been taking a ten man squad with 2 psycannons, psybolt ammumiion and combat squading them if it wasnt a kill point mission.. And they were fantastic. Now that gk inq can take divination.. awesome.

My only gripe with the above list is it seems to static. I like taking a few different units to break things up a bit.. And while i understand why he took coteaz.for the cheap access to divnation. .. It almost seems to blamphemous to not at least include one henchmen unit Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down