Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight Core list

4 posters

Go down

Grey Knight Core list Empty Grey Knight Core list

Post  dusktiger Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:35 pm

here's what i'm using as the core of my new Grey Knights army. im thinking of adding another identical termy squad, either with or without the banner, and 2 more strike squads, same loadout, and possibly a purifier or purgation squad. mainly my choices are based off the fact i want to make a cool army that was fun to model AND paint, so im also taking my time with these guys. i'm also trying to lean away from tank-heavy deployments as that's already how my marines have become; why make a different army the same way when u can have variety. so here's my list:

Total Roster Cost: 755

HQ:
Librarian (245 pts) + Nemesis Warding Stave + Might of Titan + Warp Rift + Upgrade to Mastery Level 3

Troops:
Grey Knight Terminator Squad (255 pts)
1 Terminator Justicar + Nemesis Daemonhammer
1 Terminator + Psycannon + Nemesis Force Halberd
1 Terminator + Brotherhood Banner
1 Terminator + Nemesis Falchions
1 Terminator + Nemesis Force Halberd

Grey Knight Strike Squad (125 pts)
1 Justicar
1 Grey Knight
1 Grey Knight + Psycannon
1 Grey Knight + Nemesis Daemonhammer
1 Grey Knight + Nemesis Force Halberd

Heavy Support:
Dreadnought (130 pts) + Psybolt Ammunition + Twin-Linked Autocannon
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight Core list Empty Re: Grey Knight Core list

Post  Spamus Eatus Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Pretty solid core, I might use a cheaper HQ in a 750 game myself. For the terms, a brotherhood banner isn't so great in a min. squad, as you give up the bearer's forceweapon. Sort of diminishing returns for only 5 men. In a bigger squad, much more effective. In the strike squad, you want to give the justicar a MC hammer. (Now stop. Hammertime.)
for 15 extra pts he blows a tactical powerfist sarge out of the water, and looks totally bitchin. The dread is awesome, and makes transports cry. Very Happy
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:50 am

I don't see the transport for the strike squad. Are you deploying them on foot? If you add more strike squads will they all be on foot?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:44 pm

nope, no transports yet; once i build up my core ill sit down and decide which vehicles, if any, to take. and i agree on making a cheaper HQ. just trying to figure out what model to use to make an inquisitor to save points. might take a vindicare eventually as well, they look neat
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight Core list Empty re core grey knights

Post  Commander James of the Ul Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Totally agree with Spamus Eatus (know stop hammer time) lol. and make in MC for 5 points is a wicked option. Just think about it. Hammer hand, with a daemon hammer and the bitch is Master crafted. Tanks, Monstrous Creatures and Rosanne will flee before such a sight... lol

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:13 pm

lol i'll keep that in mind with the next box i buy. the first one i modeled with the sword in the demon head cause its badass. box 2 will be the hammer. i also went and magged the banner hand so i can swap from the banner to a sword depending on how i feel like fielding the squads.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down