Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some 6th Ed Psychic Powers

+2
dusktiger
Lore Weaver
6 posters

Go down

Some 6th Ed Psychic Powers Empty Some 6th Ed Psychic Powers

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Toughness check, if you fail, you die, another model takes a check until someone lives. Seems fair.

--

Some Psychic powers marked as number 6 on what I would assume is a random table (looking at a picture of the cards all fanned out, can only see the top card)

Discipline of Biomancy – Haemorrage, warp charge 1, range 12″. Haemorrage is a Focused witchfire power with a range of 12″. The Target must pass a toughness test or suffer a wound with no armour saves or cover saves allowed. If the target is slain randomly select another model (friend or foe) within 2″ of him. That model must pass a toughness test or suffer a wound with no armour or cover saves allowed. If that model dies, continue the process until a model survives or there are no suitable targets within range.

Discipline of Divination – Scrier’s Gaze, Warp charge 1. Scrier’s Gaze is a Blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect, you can roll 3 dice and choose the result you want when rolling for reserves, outflank or mysterious terrain.

Discipline of Pyromancy – Molten Beam, warp charge 2, range 12″. Molten beam is a Beam with the following profile – S8 AP1 Assault, melta

Discipline of Telekinesis – Vortex of Doom, warp charge 2, range 12″. Vortex of doom is a Witchfire power with the following profile – S10 AP1, Heavy1, Blast* *If the psychic test is failed centre the template on the psyker, it does not scatter.

Discipline of Telepathy – Hallucination, warp charge 2, range 24″. Hallucination is a Malediction that targets a single enemy unit within 24″. Roll immediately to determine the manner of hallucinations the target is suffering from (roll once for the whole unit)
d6 1-2 – Unit is pinned, unless it automatically passes pinning tests or is locked in close combat, in which case there is no effect.
3-4 – The unit cannot shoot, run, declare charges or strike blows in close combat whilst the power is in effect.
5-6 – Every Model in the unit immediately inflicts a single hit on it’s own unit, resolved at that models own strengths, but using the strength bonuses, AP values and special rules of the most powerful close combat weapons (if they have any)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Some 6th Ed Psychic Powers Empty Re: Some 6th Ed Psychic Powers

Post  dusktiger Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:39 pm

those results on the hallucintation power are nasty. 3-4 is really nice, but if im reading 5-6 right, damn. 10 man termy squad has to inflict 10 hits using the stats of their powerfists? ouchy. GK could get hurt even worse
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Looking forward to the new psychic powers, they will serve to make eldrad even more nasty Very Happy But honestly some of them have me a little concerned though hopefully they wont all be as over the top as the fantasy spells.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 pm

hopefully the Divination and Telepathy sets have some nice powers for your Eldar army
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:02 pm

The one i'm really interested in is the one that allows the affected unit to use their regular BS during a "stand and shoot" assault reaction instead of BS1 (forgot the actual name they gave that)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Foreboding is the power, and Overwatch is the charge reaction. I am rather curious to see what the rest of the powers are.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Anyone know what warp charge refers to?

Is this in relation to the "level" of a given sorcerer? so level 1 casters can only cast 1 level one spell, but say a lv 4 caster could cast 2x warpcharge 2 spells?

I havent seen any rules for this yet.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Anyone know what warp charge refers to?

Is this in relation to the "level" of a given sorcerer? so level 1 casters can only cast 1 level one spell, but say a lv 4 caster could cast 2x warpcharge 2 spells?

I havent seen any rules for this yet.

I think you are pretty much right.....

From what I understand a Level 3 psyker could do any of the following in a turn:
- 1 Warp Charge 3 Power
- 1 Warp Charge 2 Power & 1 Warp Charge 1 Power
- 3 Warp Charge 1 Powers
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:52 pm

angel's got it on the nose; they just posted on the main site in the What's New a Vlog that explains it like that.

any librarian can cast a Warp charge 1 power, but cant do any other kind.

an Epistolary libby can cast a Warp Charge II power, *OR* 2 Warp Charge I powers.

Chief Librarian Tigurius can cast Warp Charge III *OR* a Warp Charge II and a Warp Charge I, *OR* 3 Warp Charge I powers per turn.

Last edited by dusktiger on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:56 pm

ah, as i thought.

now the question is, when you "generate spells" do you pick what you want or do you get one randomly, and if its randomly from the deck, what happens if you get a 2 charge spell and are only a lv 1 caster?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:12 pm

You pick a "lore" and roll to generate a psychic power as explained in the newest white dwarf. You can also mix and match lores as long as your psycher has access to them (this was also clarified in the back of the white dwarf under the psychic powers tactica). Most psychers can only generate one or two psychic powers though some (like eldrad) can generate up to 4. The psychic powers from the lore can also be mixed with the current psychic powers you pay for making for some pertty crazy combos.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:29 pm

So its random. What happens if you get a random spell "above your paygrade" as it were. If the previous posts aee true. One could concievably end up with a spell you are not able to cast.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 pm

I could only assume you would have to re-roll it. From my understanding there is only one power per lore warpcharge 2 maybe 2 at most. I think the most effective powers will ultimately come out in the new codexes. But we will have to wait and see what the new format is like, if it will be like the fantasy books (which i imagine it will be with atleast the hard cover)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down