Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tau 1k list tourney list

+2
Paz
System Commander
6 posters

Go down

tau 1k list tourney list Empty tau 1k list tourney list

Post  Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:42 am

tau 1k

2 warfish with 6 one with 7 fire warriors fire warriors-380

3 deathrains 141

commander bright storm shas”el with hard wired target lock and multi tracker cuclic ion blaster and a plasma rifle-100

one fireknfie commander body guard 82

96- 12 kroot 2 hounds

190 broadsides. 2 sheild drones

Back to top Go down

tau 1k list tourney list Empty Re: tau 1k list tourney list

Post  System Commander Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:26 am

Hehe.. Ben, sometimes you make me laugh. I think I can just imagine you sitting at the keyboard trying to type out your thoughts in the fastest time you can, then hitting send without looking at what you wrote.. Im not hassling you about it, well, maybe a little bit.. but it can be definitely entertaining. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:08 am

wow "facepalm" i forgot that most people dont now these tau wargear/setup names. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:12 am

Ben, remember, we don't all frequent the Tau sites and tactica discussion threads.

Warfish- totally inaccurate spelling for Devilfish... or?

Deathrain= What kind of Crisis suit is this? all missiles?

cuclic ion blaster= either a blaster whose wife cheats on him, or a 'cyclic' ion blaster?

190 broadsides. 2 sheild drones= im guessing that is.. 2 broadsides and 2 shield drones at 190?
Ben, did I not tell you to calm down dude? Breath, re-read your posts. you can do it! Smile
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:59 pm

I know it's late but....

Fire Knife & Pathfinders are required Tau fair (or at least, some kind of Markerlight support). I really notice not having the lights in a game...
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:59 am

Now I barely know anything about the Tau Codex;

but from playing you I'd say that your "Warfish" do not seem to build their point cost back up. I would cut them for something else (more suits??). Also I would strongly recommend just putting your fire warriors on foot, (they do have 4+ armor and 30" range) and using the Kroot as an outflanking late game objective nabber rather than a free unit for opponents to eat.

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:14 pm

The 'warfish' aren't about making their points back. They should be about survival and claiming/contesting objectives with minimum sized fire warrior squads. Scenarios are about objectives 2/3's of the time after all. Cutting them is no good.

Fire warriors on foot = fail. Trust me, with how scenario's work, they either can't get to the objectives or get their asses handed to them in hth by just about any unit in the game, route, then lose the int role-off and die.

Kroot are best used for holding a forested piece of terrain, as scout/flankers you better hope they come on an edge by a forest or they'll just die. Or die to flamers anyway.

What I think Ben needed in his 1000pts (not that is was a bad list by any means) was a hammer head to support the 2 devilfish. A hammerhead in 1000pt is very scary and hard to kill. I would have dropped the kroot and shaved points from battlesuits/broadsides to fit one in.

Just my 2 cents, even though it's a week after the fact.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:19 pm

personally ben I'd completely drop the kroot, use devilfish and minimum sized fire warrior squads combined with hammer heads, or throw in some stealth suits or battle suits, stealths suits get +1 to their cover save via the "stealth" USR and they have a burst cannon and their cheap, and they jump shoot jump, I really enjoyed stealth suits when I played tau, just throwing it out there as an option.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Didtau stealh suits get a buff that I didn't know about? To my knowledge the stealth suits are just hard to shoot at with thier night fight targetting rules. When did they get the "stealth" rule. ?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:24 pm

yeah, I dont beleive Ive ever seen em get 3+ cover,

They have the stealth feild which means u roll 2d6x3 to see em,

they can jet-pack behind terrain n stuff to get a good cover save, but not a 3+

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content