Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spider Idea's

5 posters

Go down

Spider Idea's Empty Spider Idea's

Post  smackman Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:06 am

So because apparently the only painting and modelling joy I get is from robots I'm working on a big conversion project for my necrons and I want to do a conversion for my warriors to be spider warriors and I want to know if anyone has seen anthing that would be cool to use as the legs or lower body... so far the best i've seen is this:

Spider Idea's Swarm%20Final
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Spider Idea's Empty Re: Spider Idea's

Post  kerr_matt80 Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:31 am

have you seen those in person? I wonder how they look scale wise to a warrior
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:59 am

They're 12mm tall. I was more thinking of mounting the warrior torso to the nub on top of the spider leg things so that they're just kinda spider-esque warriors.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:03 am

would def look pretty sweet.

Wonder how well the upper torso would match to the spider nub, im sure some GS will help out

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:33 am

If thats a 25mm base they're on I think they might be too small. Could end up looking too out of proportion.

Great idea and I hope it somehow works out for you. Check with Scott he keeps pretty up to date with other minature companies. He might know of something else to look at.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:55 am

Those spider swarms are ridiculously tiny. I have a couple dozen of them and they would be cool for scarab swarms they're no bigger than that. I have a couple of this guy kicking around....

http://wyrd-games.net/shop/product.php?productid=16223&cat=260&page=1

The torso is seperate, and that mini is pretty big. It's on a 50mm base for reference. If you wanna look LMK, and I can drop one off at the Den.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 pm

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jTAW6sX6fdI/SMB-8L6LHCI/AAAAAAAAAI8/wmr1EyIT-6I/s320/Mortenebra-Deryliss.jpg

Montenebra is a Robot-Spider Warcaster from Cryx in Warmachine, she comes with a bunch of cool lil spider legs that you could use

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:46 pm

mort. Wouldn't really be fiscally feasible. For spider legs, i would suggest just converting warriors. The standard warrior legs work great if cut and re-positioned for spider legs. I've seen dudes use em for dark mechanicus armies, for spider swarms.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Yeah I need something relatively cheap, I need to build approximately 30-40 of them. I saw those guys scott and they'd be perfect but pricey for the amount of them that I want to build. I went through the warmachine catalogue with Al at the den and there's really nothing there that I could buy alot of and still afford to live.

Paz - Not sure what you mean, altho I'm guessing you mean using 4 of the warrior legs on a warrior?
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down