Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my new slennesh list

+2
evilsuns10
kerr_matt80
6 posters

Go down

my new slennesh list Empty my new slennesh list

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:08 pm

the brigadiers of debauchery
hq
dp with lash wings and mos-155

elites

3 termies with combi meltas 2 fists and 1 chain fist-140

troops

squad of 10 csm with mos powerfist melta bombs heacy bolter and plasma gun rino demonic possesion -295

squad of 10 csm with mos power weapon melta bombs flamer and heavy bolter rino demonic possesion -275

5 plauge marines with 1 plauge champion with a power weapon 2 melata guns -165

5 noise marines 3 with sonic blasters one with a blastmaster and a champion with a power weapon and a dom siren- 200

fast attack
3 chaos bikers one biker champion 2 melta guns -134

heavy support

preadetor with 3 las cannons extra armour- 180 . summoned daemon-100

1 obliterator-75

total points-1719

please comment critisize etc etc

Back to top Go down

my new slennesh list Empty Re: my new slennesh list

Post  kerr_matt80 Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm

ben sometimes your posts hurt my brain, spell checking it and organizing it better I think would really help...for example

HQ
Demon Prince
Wings
MoS
Lash 155pts

Elites1
3 Terminators
3 combi-melta's
2 power fists
1 chainfist 140pts

Troop1
10 Chaos Marines
MoS
Heavy Bolter
Plasma Gun
Asp Champ
Melta Bombs
Power Fist
Rhino
Demonic Possession 295pts

Troop2
10 Chaos Marines
MoS
Flamer
Heavy Bolter
Asp Champ
Power Weapon
Melta Bombs
Rhino
Demonic Possession 275pts

Troop3
5 Plague Marines
2X Melta Guns
Plague Champion
Power Weapon 165pts

Troop4
5 Noise Marines
3 Sonic Blasters
Blastmaster
Asp Champ
Doom Siren
Power Weapon 200pts

Fast Attack1
3 Chaos Bikers
2X Melta Guns
Asp Champ 134pts

Heavy1
Predator
Lascannon Turret
Lascannon Sponsons
Extra Armour 180pts

Heavy2
Obliterator 75pts

Misc1
Greater Demon 100pnts

kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Y it helps to read when its organized..But it looks really good.
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:34 pm

What other models do you have available to modify the list with?
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 pm

kerr_matt80 wrote:What other models do you have available to modify the list with?

ah ok i wil spellcheck more, thats about it for other models well i have some possed and a, landraider

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:39 pm

it looks good ben, i hope to play it sometime
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:43 pm

You have more obliterators and terminators dont you. Do you have more plague marines/normal marines/noise marines?
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:52 am

alright ben, Im no expert but here's a few of my ideas on what you should consider.

One obliterator is not going to be very effective

Extra armour on a predator is not really worth the 15 points

3 bikes is a pretty small squad and will likely get targeted quickly and eliminated. especially with 2 meltas flying around the table.

Plague marines are Init 3 and so the champ would benefit more with a power fist instead since he will strike after most other inits anyway.

Melta guns on a small unit of plague marines with no transport is not a good idea and wouldn't be very effective. maybe a bigger squad in a rhino would be better

I wouldn't put heavy weapons in a normal chaos marine squad. You are paying points for something you aren't going to use either way. You shoot heavy weapon and never the rest of squad or you move your squad around and can never shoot the heavy weapon. These guys are better with a pair of special weapons with a specialized role. Such as 2 meltas in a rhino tank hunting. 2 plasmas in a rhino ap hunting. 2 flamers in a rhino infantry hunting. Or you can take no special weapons but give a fist or power weapon to champ and use them with land raider for assaulting.
Also with the marine squads, if the champ has a power fist, you likely don't need to buy melta bombs. waste of points.

Daemonic possession on rhino's probably isn't the best idea. You are almost doubling the points for something that usually doesn't last long anyway. Daemonic possession overall is not a really good upgrade for any vehicle. too expensive. maybe on a land raider or vindicator which the lowered BS won't hurt it too much and they definately benefit from ignoring shaken and stunned results. Rhinos don't really need to worry about shooting so half the use of possession is gone right there,

I think your terminator squad is pretty expensive as a deep striking squad. Combimelta teleport is ok, but they are gonna take a lot of shots next turn and probably die. so the fists are going to be wasted points because you'll never use em. Add two more terminators and put them in a land raider, that way you can get them close and assault to make use of them. But then combi melta aren't really needed.

For lash to be useful, you need a strategy. CC units that you want to get into combat with quickly or grouping units together to hit them with a blast weapon. I don't really see either tactic available in your army, so maybe drop the power for something more useful.

That's all i can really come up with right now. I hope it helps.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:32 am

disclaimer: I kinda sorta know how to build SM, and have very little experience with CSM.

Veyure wrote:One obliterator is not going to be very effective
All it takes is one melta (or two) and... poof.

Extra armour on a predator is not really worth the 15 points
The predator itself isn't worth the 180 points. Yes it may have a lot of lascannons but... for 180 points you can get two (and almost a half) obliterators.

Predators are very good at mulching infantry (give it HB sponsons), so I'd leave them to that job. Instead, some dreadnoughts with multi-meltas are always fun.

Plague marines are Init 3 and so the champ would benefit more with a power fist instead since he will strike after most other inits anyway.
Since they're initiative 3 you probably don't want them in assaults. Plague marines are great objective holders, toughness 5 with 3+/4+ is very annoying.

Also with the marine squads, if the champ has a power fist, you likely don't need to buy melta bombs. waste of points.
A waste of points, always. Tac squads kill things at range. I dunno how the tactic works for CSM, but SM wants their tac squads to fail combat and fall back (since they can't be sweeping advanced and can always choose to fail a moral test, cheeky bastards) so more shooty can occur.

Daemonic possession on rhino's probably isn't the best idea. You are almost doubling the points for something that usually doesn't last long anyway.
Yup, rhinos are tin cans that blow up at the mere sight of melta or lascannons.

I think your terminator squad is pretty expensive as a deep striking squad. Combimelta teleport is ok, but they are gonna take a lot of shots next turn and probably die. so the fists are going to be wasted points because you'll never use em. Add two more terminators and put them in a land raider, that way you can get them close and assault to make use of them. But then combi melta aren't really needed.
Very true, terminators are only worth taking as TH/SS... which CSM don't have. Plus they eat up space for DREADNOUGHTS!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 am

The CSM marines are good in CC because they have CCW and pistols. They aren't dedicated CC units but can still take down a few guys and possibly win. Just watch out for power weapons. A round of pistol shots then 3 attacks each on the charge is much better than just 2 bolter shots each. and if you don't kill everything, you'll be locked in combat and free from enemy fire next round.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:53 am

HolyCause wrote:
A waste of points, always. Tac squads kill things at range. I dunno how the tactic works for CSM, but SM wants their tac squads to fail combat and fall back (since they can't be sweeping advanced and can always choose to fail a moral test, cheeky bastards) so more shooty can occur.

Melta bombs are way too good to pass up. 5 points, and if I need to, (with some luck) I can take out a tank or dreadie that gets too close. Those little bombs have saved a unit of mine more than once. Its not always about specialization HolyCause, you need versatility as well.

Ben= Greg is right, powerfists in the plaguemarines! they are T5 and FNP, cc is great for them. sure they strike last, but bar bloodletters, there isn't much that can take them out before a fist makes mincemeat of their foes. because marines have lower numbers, you don't have the manpower to specialize, each unit needs to be able to perfom other tasks. If you plan the same strategy every time before game, you will fail.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 am

I use a unit of regular chaos marines in every game I play now.. the only upgrade I give them is an autocannon, melta gun and a icon of Chaos Glory. They sit on an ojbective in or close to my deployment zone and .. thats it.. do nothing.. sit there and defend it. I've had great luck with these guys and find it works great with all the other bersekrers I have. I send everything else forward and for the most part, your opponent has to focus on all the Khorne coming towards them and leaves those guys. They focus on taking out any vehicles that might be getting close to contest it.

Ive used plague marines for the exact same role.. but its never worth it.. the plague marines come in at almos double the cost for ten, and they dont get the extra range for the weapon. Sure, those plague marines are never going anywehere, but its been very, very rare for the chaos marines to get displaced.

I take two obliterators in every game I play. I think they're best use in a 2 man unit just for the support aspect. I do have a full lascannoned out predator Ill take out from time to time, but with a greater daemon, daemon prince, oblits and the melta you have, I really think you can save 180 points and put it towards a landraider or by filling out your oblits/terminators/plague marines or bikes.

As for bikes.. I still like them and turn to them alot when looking for a filler unit. I usually take the same core stuff but will alterante between raptors and bikes now and then to swtich things up. 3 is deifnitely a low number though, especially packing 2 meltas. As well, if your going to spend the points for a champ, might as well give him an upgrade, unless your using him primarily for your greater daemon to summon off of.. then leaving him as is looks good. If you are going for the daemon summoning, you might want to slap one more bike in the unit just to make sure it has a few wounds to throw around. If you stay hidden the first turn and turbo boost until he comes in, you should be ok but you have to be pretty careful with those guys.. expensive!

I think the chaos terminators can be very effective.. but you really have to make the points stay under control. As an expendable deep striking unit, I would give them three conbi meltas, MOS and thats it.. leave them with the weapons. If you want them to be able to assault vehicles, you can take off the MOS and give someone the chain fist.. but really try to keep their points low. It really doesnt take much to kill, especially these days with all the AP guns coming out.. and keep in mind that without the MoCG, they can break on morale .. its a check of 10.. but still possible.

The plague marines arent worth it for a unit of 5.. you really need to bulk up their numbers, slap them in a rhino and either give them a pair of plasma guns, flamers or metlas.. give that champ a fist as well. Get them to where they can hold an objective and sit on it.

I think the daemon prince looks good, the 5 man unit of noise marines is fine as well. The chaos marines mixture can be tweaked up like Greg mentioned.. you just have to decide if you want them assaulting or staying put.. and go from there. Taking the 180 points fo the prdator and trimming a few other things would give you a five man unit in a land raider. If you gave those termies jsut the MOS nad say some combi flamers but stuck with power weapons.. youd have a damn scary assault unit. It might be something good to save for a 2000 point game.. and guranteed that will be a priority target for your opponent.

Besdies a few tweaks here and there, it looks like a good mix of all your units.

Keep in mind that everyone gives advice alot on how they see things. Your playstyle is always going to determine the best mix. You might be the type of player that excels when you outfit your units for multiple duties.. I know I do way better when I specify duties for each unit.. and do by buying into that unit. So, assault units.. I use berserkers.. holding objectiuves, plague marines/chaos marines MOCG, anti tank - Oblits/Daemon princes.. if I start giving my guys to many options.. I start trying dumb things during the game.. its just bad play style fo rme.. other people can do it, I just get distracted easily..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:10 pm

thanks for the advice guys as you can see this is not my normal list,(my other one is more practical) but i just wana try out some new units and see how things work. as i have posted this on several other fourms i have come up with things i should never do and always do, thank you and i vaue your opinion, and apreciate you guys commenting on this Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down