Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament Listy list list list

3 posters

Go down

Tournament Listy list list list Empty Tournament Listy list list list

Post  Matthew G Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Dante - 220

Librarian Dreadnought, Melta, Mastery 2 - 220
Drop Pod

Sanguinary Priest, Valours Edge, Jump Pack - 95

x7 Vanguard vets, Jump Packs, 1 w/ 2 LCs, 1 w/ Relic blade+Storm Shield, 3 w/ Storm Shields, 1 w/PF, 1 w/CCW/BP - 274

x10 Scouts, Camo cloaks, 4 snipers, Heavy Bolter (hellfire), 4 CCW/BP, Vet w/PowerSword/Melta Bombs - 177
x10 Tacticals, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Vet w/PF/Combimelta - 240
Drop Pod

x5 Assault Squad, 2 meltaguns, Serg w/2 Inferno Pistols - 135
Drop Pod

Sicarian Battle Tank (just turret, no other options) - 135

Total is 1496

ComComp Points (7 points - I think)

3 for taking Dante as Warlord
1 for Sicarian
2 for # of Pods
1 for Sanguinary Priest

Thoughts?

Last edited by Matthew G on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Tournament Listy list list list Empty Re: Tournament Listy list list list

Post  Roland Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Seems light, but that's what I've thought of your last two list and they've worked for you.

I'd drop everything from scout Sgt but melta bombs to make up the points. Hrs unlikely to use either, never mind both.

Legit question: what does Dante do for this list? I'm not familiar with him? Can you trade him for something cheaper and another unit or is he required?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:34 pm

Roland wrote:Seems light, but that's what I've thought of your last two list and they've worked for you.

I'd drop everything from scout Sgt but melta bombs to make up the points. Hrs unlikely to use either, never mind both.

Legit question: what does Dante do for this list? I'm not familiar with him? Can you trade him for something cheaper and another unit or is he required?

Thank you for the reply!
Yeah, all my lists look light, but pack a punch. I wish I could field 30+ tacticals but sadly wouldn't work well, and tacticals for me, are just boring to play.
I've been trolling through the loads of Intel from b&c and it seems like people like vet scout sergeants to have some wargear like that. No one expects it. And in assault scouts are just as good as an assault squad cept for having less WS. I've been wanting to try it out. But right now I kinda agree with you.
Dante is a beat stick. EW, 4 wound, Str6 (7 on charge), 5 attacks base (6 charge), and here's the kicker, AP 2 axe that strikes at initiative (which is 7 on charge), plus gives hit and run to the unit he's with. Lastly his trait is decent of angels to give my last pod s great chance to come in when I want it to.
There's a reason he's 3 credits haha. He also has other little rules but I'm tired of typing on my phone. 😜😉
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Ah, that clears that up:)

Was thinking doing a Build your own beatstick and using points saved to bulk out that DP assault sqd, but I think at this point it's just clear those 21 pts.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Dante is really good in the new codex. About the only downside is that his invul is only a 4+ which means he can get brought down from weight of ap2 attacks. Other than that he lays the hurt out good.

I'm not sure of the split purpose on the scout squad. I would either make them all BP&CCW or all snipers. The sarge I'm with Beau on. That wargear seems neat, but how often do you think it will actually make the difference?

Everything else seems solid. I'm not a huge fan of Vanguard Vets but if they work for you then rock on.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Dante is really good in the new codex. About the only downside is that his invul is only a 4+ which means he can get brought down from weight of ap2 attacks. Other than that he lays the hurt out good.

I'm not sure of the split purpose on the scout squad. I would either make them all BP&CCW or all snipers. The sarge I'm with Beau on. That wargear seems neat, but how often do you think it will actually make the difference?

Everything else seems solid. I'm not a huge fan of Vanguard Vets but if they work for you then rock on.

I've never really used Vanguard before either. Usually taking Death Company as the assault power house, but protecting the squad with 3++ shields, FNP, Dante, will be able to (hopefully) bring down the really hard units.

Flyers may be a huge weakness for this list as well....
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:21 pm

I updated the list in the Original post. Removed a PW from the VV, and removed the CM and LC from scout, added a PW. Still makes the scouts a threatening squad, able to deploy frighteningly close to the enemy.

Now, I could also make two scout squads, but the points wont be that different, and this way I just Combat squad the 10 man unit, and its the same deal
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:22 pm

I dunno. I would be interested to see how they work out.

Do BA get honour guard? Or is their version just Sang guard. I think with the amount of ap3 shooting that goes around these days that extra bit makes a big difference.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:I dunno. I would be interested to see how they work out.

Do BA get honour guard? Or is their version just Sang guard. I think with the amount of ap3 shooting that goes around these days that extra bit makes a big difference.

No more honor guard. Closest now is Command Squad... And I don't particularly like the Command Squad. Cant increase # to more than 5 and 1 HAS to be a priest (noviate), and another has to be a champion... so Yeah, guess it's all in how you prefer weapon choices

Edit: Just reviewed the CS.. It is very similar to the VV. Minus the VV able to multicharge w/o penalty. Sucks tho I can't give the company champion or sanguinary noviate better gear tho... also cannot increase the squad size Sad
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down