Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tha Meff Boyz [1500]

4 posters

Go down

Tha Meff Boyz [1500] Empty Tha Meff Boyz [1500]

Post  Administratum Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:56 pm

Hey guys, i came up with this list that is kind of inspired by the kult of speed. The primary motivation for me is to fit in as many vehicles as i can, particularly battlewagons because they are so much fun to build.

The warboss is to ride with the 5 man nob squad, so that if they do have to get out and fight something, they have a better leadership, and his str 10 claw. I also have a warboss with a claw painted so that largely determined my HQ choice.
Warboss [90]
- power claw
- eavy armor

The 5 man nob squad has a couple combi-scorchas because a heavy flamer shot for 5 points is a steal with the new template rules. The claw in there is meant to be used with the boarding plank. I have been told that some tournaments are saying you cant ram with a deff rolla, so it seemed to me that the best way to tank bust without bikers is to do drivbyes with the plank and claw.
5 nobz [135]
- power claw
- 2x kombi skorcha
- 5x eavy armor
- bosspole
Battlewagon [205]
- 2x big shoota
- boarding plank
- deff rolla
- grot rigger
- red paint

Big boyz squad, not much to say. They will ride in wagon with killkannon. Move 6" shoot killkannon and boyz, repeat.
19x boyz [170]
- shootas
- 2x big shoota
1x nob
- power claw
- bosspole

Gretchin will ride in shooty wagon. The gretchin are not meant to do anything but sit in the wagon so that it is a scoring unit. The wagons are meant to sit on an objective and shoot. Nothing fancy.

Gretchin squad 1 [40]
10x gretchin
1x runtherder

Gretchin squad 1 [40]
10x gretchin
1x runtherder

Battlewagon 1 (for boyz) [190]
- killkannon
- armor plates
- boarding plank
- deff rolla
- grot rigger

Battlewagon 2 (gretchin) [200]
- 4 big shoota
- kannon
- killkannon
- ard case
- grot rigga

Battlewagon 3 (gretchin) [200]
- 4 big shoota
- kannon
- killkannon
- ard case
- grot rigga

Warbuggys just cause i really want to make the models. They might be useful in contesting objectives, and twin linked big shootas can be used against the squishy 10 rear armor of most vehicles.

warbuggy x2 [30]

that should be a grand total of 1500 points. I have not really played allot of 5th ed so some feedback would be welcome. I dont want to make an army that will never win, but hopefully this isnt cheezy either. If it is ineffective i have 12 nobz on bikes that i could switch in for other stuff.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Tha Meff Boyz [1500] Empty Re: Tha Meff Boyz [1500]

Post  Timbo Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:40 am

It doesn't look cheesy at all. Battlewagons are pretty vulnerable to assaults with their rear armour of ten, although the fact that yours have 'Ard Case will help somewhat. I love the idea of putting 10 grots in a wagon to make it a scoring unit!
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:11 am

Thanks man, i might have to add a unit of nob bikers just to protect the wagons, because your right, if they get assaulted its over.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:25 pm

I dont have my codex in front of me at the moment....but I seem to remember something about a KillKannon reducing the transport capacity to 12. Something to check out.....
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:05 pm

yea i think you are right about that.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:53 am

I dont know about the death cannons, they are fairly expensive......koptas with bombs instead?

I think battle wagons with death rollers would be way better: to tank shock your opponant of the objective...one way or another.... Twisted Evil
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 pm

I hear there was some debate over deth rollas affecting vehicles. Was that ever resolved?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:08 pm

Timbo wrote:I hear there was some debate over deth rollas affecting vehicles. Was that ever resolved?

The rule book says"...ramming is a speacial kind of tank shock..." and the ork codex says "...any tank shock made with a death rolla inflicts D6 str 10 hits on the victim unit..."

Sounds like it does.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down