Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combined Firepower

+4
Planes
GingerBalls
Aegwymourn
Lore Weaver
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Combined Firepower - Page 2 Empty Re: Combined Firepower

Post  GingerBalls Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Paz wrote:Doesn't split fire only allow 1 model to fire at something else?

So even with target locks only one model could shoot at something, since it counts as 1 unit?

And that one unit could be a riptide or hammer head from a squad of 3 now getting tank hunter and +1 BS and ignores cover and twin-linked. If you daisy chain it right you can do some pretty gnarly stuff.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Yeah but it's still only 1 out of all of them. Not like you could split all the shots, you could shoot two units max.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Every model that has a target lock can split fire. So a unit of 3 riptides with target locks could shoot three different targets, and same with a unit of three hammerheads, or crisis suits, or broadsides. You could potentially shoot every target in an opposing army with all of the aforementioned special rules.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:07 pm

GingerBalls wrote:Every model that has a target lock can split fire. So a unit of 3 riptides with target locks could shoot three different targets, and same with a unit of three hammerheads, or crisis suits, or broadsides. You could potentially shoot every target in an opposing army with all of the aforementioned special rules.

is that a rule specific to tau? because the USR for split fire only allows one model from the unit to split its shots.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Target Lock doesn't grant split fire.

"Target Lock: can shoot at a different target than his unit.

I guess part of this would be.... It's only units from the Cadre correct? What can you build that does this? Like the Gladius/Lions Blade BARELY works at 1500. It seems you have to go suit crazy, which really means the Riptide/Broadside formation or the Retribution Cadre, correct? What are we looking at points wise?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 am

I built a list yesterday that was 1500 points for a hunter cadre and optimised stealth cadre. Plenty of units to shoot with but I didn't take the buffmander in it. If I had I could fit even more stuff.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2