Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Objective secured matters

3 posters

Go down

Objective secured matters Empty Objective secured matters

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:46 pm

Necron vs Necron |. CAD vs Mephrit

Played tactical objectives, the one where you draw cards for each objective you hold.

Immortals and a ghost ark nestle up to two objectives, sit there, and draw cards all game, even though the opposition was there. In the end, the sheer number of cards drawn won the day.

I tried a few things out, results!

Destroyer Lords suck, why take a WS4 lord when you can get a WS5 one for cheaper?
Destroyers are amazing, and surprisingly resilient.
Praetorians need another kick at the can, didn't get a fair shake.
Annihilation barges are still good.
Monoliths are garbage.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Objective secured matters Empty Re: Objective secured matters

Post  Spamus Eatus Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:22 pm

I've used the destroyer lord on a few occasions and he works really well for me. I think it's because we build our Cron armies quite differently and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sure he is WS4, but you get preferred enemy and T6, on a destroyer chassis, which combined with AV3+ and RP is pretty darn hard to put down. I give mine a warscythe and gauntlet of fire and send him out as a general problem solver.

I'm in love with the new destroyers. Making them jet infantry gives them great tactical flexibility, being able to move, shoot, and move again. And the 2W goes a looooong way.

I really want to get my particle caster/voidblade praetorians up and running, they seem like they will do well.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:36 pm

I really feel that Destroyer Lords now fall into the category of the shooting general now, where you attach him to a squad to jack up shooting when paired with the Stalker. I don't think he is as much as a hammer now.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down