Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SpaceWolves Rumours Explosion

+10
Guardian Angel
Paz
Aegwymourn
Roland
Matthew G
Planes
dusktiger
GingerBalls
superdeuxlol
Dana
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SpaceWolves Rumours Explosion - Page 3 Empty Re: SpaceWolves Rumours Explosion

Post  Aegwymourn Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Do grey hunter squads still get the Bolter + Bolt pistol + CCW. I had heard they weren't getting the three base anymore.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Do grey hunter squads still get the Bolter + Bolt pistol + CCW. I had heard they weren't getting the three base anymore.

It's like CSM. 14/dude +2 to add a CCW
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:31 pm

what he said.

Think CSM's, but with ATSKNF. and the ability to have 1 hidden power fist in the squad.
oh and the options of not having a champion..
but if you Do take the champion, he can be a Wolf guard, in terminator armour.

no heavy weapons option. But they can have a random dude with a plasma pistol on top of everything else. just cuz.

overall. they are not bad value for what you pay for them.... But Not sure how many people feel like they are getting good value paying 180 points for 10 marines with tri-weapon and two melta guns these days. would be better if they could combat squad. but space wolves haven't figured that one out.

The big story is that GW wants to sell thunderwolves and dreadnoughts. .... and i want to play thunderwolves and dreadnoughts.  so they just might get my money.
all attacks made by a model riding a thunderwolf, regardless of what weapon is used... have the rending special rule. Even Wolf Claws. (which are +1 Str ap3 shred) on top of the +1Str +1 Tgh, +1W, +1 Attack. and being changed to Cavalry.

the venerable dreadnoughts with the axe and the storm shield are 145 points, and only get the 3++ on attacks made against front armour. ... But i can live with that Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:45 pm

All CC attacks are made vs front armor. So get im stuck in.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:02 pm

Drop pods are in fast attack...
so you can buy them as an undedicated transport...
I'm trying to think of a way to break that.....

Imperial Guard meltavets/plasmavets turn one?

Grav Centurians?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:16 pm

Yea I'd go with plasma/melta vets. 35 points to guarantee my 90 point squad gets to melt you land raider, or my 105 point squads deletes your terminators. Hell yea.

I was sad when they didn't update their acute senses to something decent. Although if they still get counter-charge it isn't all bad I guess. Just a lot of points for regular marines. And not having combat squad is teh suck.

I dunno about that dread though. I suppose if you put it in a pod so they have to deal with it and it gets the 3++ hell of a distraction unit.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 am

acute senses is not that bad for a "free" ability. the Wolves Unleashed Detachment rules lets them take advantage of it. (and 6 HQ slots..)

Space Wolves wrote:
Cunning of the Wolf: Before Deployment, roll a D6 for each unit in this Detachment, adding +2 to the result if the unit’s Battlefield Role is Troops and it has been joined by an Independent Character from this Detachment (before rolling, inform your opponent which Independent Characters, if any, will start the game joined to which Troops units). On a 6+, that unit has the Outflank special rule. In addition, at the start of each of your turns after the first, you may select one unit from this Detachment that is in Reserves. That unit automatically passes its Reserve Roll to arrive this turn (no dice roll is necessary).

ide note: remember that whole discussion about IC's giving their special rules like... infiltrate to other units. seems that GW thinks that you can start the game with IC joined to units...
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:58 am

Rhaevyn wrote:
ide note: remember that whole discussion about IC's giving their special rules like... infiltrate to other units. seems that GW thinks that you can start the game with IC joined to units...

Well you can. The only issue with IC and infiltrate is the order that they are deployed. Everything else is fine. You can start in reserves together, outflank together, transport together. Just infiltrate causes issues due to order in the deployment, infiltrate, and IC rules.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3