Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAQ's are live

+7
Gulsnick
judchic
superdeuxlol
Rhaevyn
Matthew G
Planes
Lore Weaver
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

FAQ's are live - Page 3 Empty Re: FAQ's are live

Post  judchic Wed May 28, 2014 12:41 pm

i dont know why they made it that way. if one deny took away one success it would make it feel useful and have much more risk when casting the high cast powers.
roll 4 charges when casting power 3 spell.
opponent rolls 2 denies
power goes off...?
last i checked 4-2 wasn't 3 but apparently GW can't do math.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed May 28, 2014 1:07 pm

judchic wrote:i dont know why they made it that way. if one deny took away one success it would make it feel useful and have much more risk when casting the high cast powers.
roll 4 charges when casting power 3 spell.
opponent rolls 2 denies
power goes off...?
last i checked 4-2 wasn't 3 but apparently GW can't do math.

I agree with this. I had originally thought this was how it was going to work, and was disappointed to find out that you need a deny roll for every single success. Blah. I was really hoping this would fix blessings but apparently not.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed May 28, 2014 1:12 pm

You need to roll triple the dice of the casting player to have a 50% chance of denial on 6's.

If a dude rolls 6 dice and you want to dispel, you need to roll 18 to have a 50/50 shot.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Wed May 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Ghost helms also seem ridiculous
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed May 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Apparently Gloom Prisms stack now, so you can have a unit with two prisms next to it and Deny on a 2+.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed May 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Planes wrote:Apparently Gloom Prisms stack now, so you can have a unit with two prisms next to it and Deny on a 2+.

./shrug - still doesnt fix blessings
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Wed May 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
Planes wrote:Apparently Gloom Prisms stack now, so you can have a unit with two prisms next to it and Deny on a 2+.

./shrug - still doesnt fix blessings

i don't know i think they are fixed since you prety much need 2 x the warp charges to cast them reliably over 6 th ed, so the ones you want will prob still go off , but you will have about half as much of them
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed May 28, 2014 8:16 pm

The general consensus right now is.. Invisibility is broken, tzeentch daemons are broken, no one k ows why orks can summon daemons, maelstrom cards are stupid. 

With jokes aside about the rks.. the other three are about the only big big 7th points. 

They have to fix the daemon problem..  i dont really see the other two getting fixed. I dont know why they buffed invis.. it definitely didnt need it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed May 28, 2014 10:42 pm

System Commander wrote:The general consensus right now is.. Invisibility is broken, tzeentch daemons are broken, no one k ows why orks can summon daemons, maelstrom cards are stupid. 

With jokes aside about the rks.. the other three are about the only big big 7th points. 

They have to fix the daemon problem..  i dont really see the other two getting fixed. I dont know why they buffed invis.. it definitely didnt need it.

You think we are going to house/league rule any of these new rules, like invisibility, or summoning?
We could also as a league "league limit" warp charges to like XX ourselves.

Personally, I know Invis is broken, but you still have to roll for it (unless you are one of those armies that gets all of 1 discipline) and may not even get it.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed May 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Invis is no worse than fortune.

After we play a few games, we'll see how warp charge should be capped. 18 maybe? Gotta play some more games.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 pm

The rest of the telepathy powers (besides psychic shriek) got worse I believe? Dominate is still whatever, Terrify lost the ability to strip fearless, and Hallucination got much worse lol Instead of being klawed or cut to pieces you take a bunch of str 3 hits onto a character if there is one (My only out against Tom's grey knights is gone!). Shrouding is not too bad on some things I guess. But yeah invis is super good.

When my weirdboy turns into a Bloodthirster it wont be a joke!
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed May 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Invis is no worse than fortune.

After we play a few games, we'll see how warp charge should be capped.  18 maybe?  Gotta play some more games.

think like everything there is a bit of overreaction happening.
in regards to the psychic phase, you need a good number of dice to guarantee anything.
the "one copy of a spell" per unit is huge for reducing horror stupidity
...and last i checked units of horrors were pretty crap in CC, so crap in fact that a unit of cultists would probably roflstomp them.
also..when spending all these points on psykers, how are you affording any real units?

dunno, i think drop pod marines or a good CC oriented army might just make all these psyker lists fail big time. ... and then the old shooty lists will beat those, and the meta will go on..

all that being said, i'm so going to field double dragon from now on, nobody even talking about iether helddrake nerf =/
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 29, 2014 8:10 am

Rhaevyn wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:blah
blah blah

I agree with Mark and Mike. Really the only really game breaking thing is demons summoning demons, but I think alpha strike armies are going to smush it. It is still a stupid and irritating army but beatable. Although as Dallas pointed out I wouldn't allow it any tournament I ran simply because it takes to long. It would never finish a round in a reasonable amount of time.

As Dallas pointed out the whole rest of the tree got a solid kick to the knickers. The only armies I see reliably attempting to do something with Invis are Demons with Bel'akor or Marines with Tiggy. Nobody else really has amazing chances to make sure they get that power. At least not in my opinion to build a strategy around.

Really the only army I see generating more than 10 dice (before your d6) is demons. Simply because of their access to cheap ML3 heralds and the fact that horrors have the super brotherhood that gets them ML2 at 11 models. Even GK I don't see being horrible simply because their 20+ points a dude for a single ML brotherhood and all the characters are super expensive (even inquisitors are 55 points just to get ML1).

Heldrakes definatly got hit with the nerf bat pretty hard (which I think is a good thing). Between vector strikes not being able to stomp whole units or reliably open cans, and not being able to shoot fire out of their poop chute they are actually fairly reasonable. They seem like they might require some actual finesse to use rather than "I TERK HELDUDES U LOZ!!".
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu May 29, 2014 8:21 am

Ya, Heldrakes require *some* thought now, which is good. They could, potentially, do a lot more hovering too.

I'm playing 1500 w\ Jeremy tonight, with +12 dice (Ahriman, lvl 3 sorc, 2 units of 1k sons, 12 horrors (2 charge) and a changeling).

I intend to play it as "A psyker can only manifest powers equal to his mastery level" because... that's what it says in the book! :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Thu May 29, 2014 11:59 am

Lore Weaver wrote:Ya, Heldrakes require *some* thought now, which is good.  They could, potentially, do a lot more hovering too.

I'm playing 1500 w\ Jeremy tonight, with +12 dice (Ahriman, lvl 3 sorc, 2 units of 1k sons, 12 horrors (2 charge) and a changeling).

I intend to play it as "A psyker can only manifest powers equal to his mastery level" because... that's what it says in the book!  :-)

Mark have the 1k sons got realy any better this ed?
just a free primaris, and 1 warp charge ?

Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu May 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Personally, my only concern at the time is daemons. Even then, its really only the tzeentch heralds at mastery 3 that are throwing it out of wack.

Invis i can live with, everyone having daemonology is retarded but i can deal with it.

The cards sound goofy right simply because the better hand will probably win.. but thats easy to work around or move towards a simple fix. I havent played any games yet thouhh and just started to work my way through the book. I dont want to read too much though with playoffs to get through still. Ill confuse myself if i read new stuff.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Thu May 29, 2014 1:22 pm

I've been relooking at 1k sons myself and they did receive some stealth buffs. Biggest obviously is the psychic phase, and that your army will be generating a large amount of warp charge per turn. The other is how psychic shooting is now out of phase with standard shooting and does not count as the squads target. In a way, your rubric units now have splitfire! So doombolt that tank over there and then shoot that squad over there with your inferno shells.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Spamus Eatus wrote:I've been relooking at 1k sons myself and they did receive some stealth buffs.  Biggest obviously is the psychic phase, and that your army will be generating a large amount of warp charge per turn.  The other is how psychic shooting is now out of phase with standard shooting and does not count as the squads target.  In a way, your rubric units now have splitfire!  So doombolt that tank over there and then shoot that squad over there with your inferno shells.

Actually isn't it even better since it is a different phase could you doombolt that rhino, then in the shooting phase blast them with your fancy bolters of cheating ap3?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu May 29, 2014 2:27 pm

even more amazing now, since tanks that blow up don't leave craters (not making this up!)
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu May 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Nice and nice!

This all works great combined with Ahrimans warlord ability. Go 1k sons!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri May 30, 2014 9:12 am

Matthew G wrote:Opening up Blood Angels. I'll post my findings.

Open it up again! They just fixed all your fast vehicles.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Blood_Angels_v1.0_May14.pdf

Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri May 30, 2014 9:17 am

Lore Weaver wrote:
Matthew G wrote:Opening up Blood Angels. I'll post my findings.

Open it up again!  They just fixed all your fast vehicles.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Blood_Angels_v1.0_May14.pdf

Word
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3