Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Blood Angel list

5 posters

Go down

Another Blood Angel list Empty Another Blood Angel list

Post  Matthew G Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:38 am

What you guys think?
Astorath 220

Furioso Dread Frag cannon, HF 135
Drop Pod 35
Corbulo 105
Sanguinary Priest 50
Sternguard x5 PF+C-Melt; 4 C-melts 175
Drop Pod 35

Assault Squad x5 PF+Hand flamer; Flamer 140
Razorback LC+TL-Plas 55
Assault Squad x5 PS; Melta 125
Razorback TL-LC 55
Death Company x5 PF+Bolter, PS, 3 Bolters 140
Death Company Dread Blood Talons + Heavy Flamer 135

Baal predator TL-AC, Hvy Blts 145

Storm Raven TL-MM, TL-LC 200

Was torn between Astorath and Mephiston, only a 30pt dif between the two.

Idea is that The death company with Astorath ride the raven (the DC dread too). The stern guard come down and mutilate things (with 5 meltas, or their special ammo being able to decide what's best. Corbulo being with the sterns give them a little fear factor as his 2+ FNP is boss and depending where I drop it I can have him face tank everything. I hold the Baal in reserve to outflank (or scout move depending who im fighting), the Assaults stand back and use their cheap - point costed razors to blow stuff up.

Astorath gives all my troops the Red thirst on 3 or less instead of the roll of 1 normally needed (gives unit Fearless and Furious charge at cost of ATSKNF).
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Another Blood Angel list Empty Re: Another Blood Angel list

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Looks pretty decent. I'm a fan of the blood talon dreads.

I would be careful when I transport stuff in the storm raven. Nowadays a single av12 flier isn't a big deal and those duders are in for a world of hurt.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Looks pretty decent. I'm a fan of the blood talon dreads.

I would be careful when I transport stuff in the storm raven. Nowadays a single av12 flier isn't a big deal and those duders are in for a world of hurt.

I've done it twice to Bydick now, where I hosed his flier and everyone inside died. (S10 AP1 hit to each occupant)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:01 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Looks pretty decent. I'm a fan of the blood talon dreads.

I'm aware. lol
The raven has 4 hull points though which makes it a little more survivable, but, Its my only real answer for other fliers. I hate *HATE* being forced to ally or take a stupid Aegis Line to get some AA for my outdated list. I hope BA get access to flak missiles next codex *prays*.
And I know the time is coming, but I have yet to lose it or the squad it carries before it can deploy them. Also, if it looks real bad when I fly it on, I can use the Skies of Blood rule to jump the duders inside out before the enemy skyfire/interceptors can take it out. I'd rather take my chances with the sky drop than lose a whole squad to it blowing up.

In other news, Looking back on this list I don't know how much I dig Astorath in the list. May swap him for a Libby, or Gabe Seth plus more priests or larger sterns... maybe throw a couple heavy flamers into the sterns... Just penning things at work cuz I'm bored.... lol
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Heh, I thought the raven had 4 HP... Its only 3... Well shucks son
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 pm

The chaos list ive been using can deal with fliers just peachy. But.. i use two raiders and a lascannon pred so a decent amount of twin lnked lascannons. I love shooting raiders at fliers especially.. move 12" and snap fire at fliers. You lose nothing since you need 6's to hit fliers anyway.

The heldrake still has the nastiest alpha strike in the game.. and an aegis line doesnt help... land raiders do ! Even the quad gun has a tough go intercepting it. Ive only had it blown once coming in from a quad gun. Even if you get flak devastaors theres a good chance that drake can take em out before they get to.shoot.

Im surprised we havent got more interceptimg units yet. Im hoping to see some chaos vets with it.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Totally agree that the Drake is brutal. Being able to take out a vehicle and a unit of power armor the turn it comes in is hard to plan for...
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:42 pm

welcome to the age of gonzo -crazy. search the site for my rants on this subject Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:46 pm

I gave Matt the proper introduction. Vectored a vindicator, wiped some devistators.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:I gave Matt the proper introduction.  Vectored a vindicator, wiped some devistators.

I haven't had a good nights sleep since.... Razz
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:51 pm

If i do happen to destroy something on a vector strike in the movement phase.. ill try to fire it last so its impact is spread out a bit. That works right?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Yea, the combination of so many good rules on a single low cost flier is silly. If they took 2-3 out or made the baleflamer more points then it wouldn't be as bad.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:06 pm

I really do think having 1 drake in a list helps combat some other issues csm have. 2 is so tempting to take but it just leaves people grumpy having to face them. But.. sometimes having 1 flier can present you with a weakness if it pops unexpectedly.

I really like having it allied in with daemons. Having a bloodthirster and daemon prince coming at you gets more attention and that heldrake tends to survive every game.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:07 pm

I feel the same way about drake plus vendetta. With the comes relay they are almost always on the table turn 2 ..... and what you gonna do about it?

Where as a single flyer can usually be dealt with pretty easily.

Non cron flying transports are dicey for sure. When they deliver the cargo. It's like a I win button... When their ride dies turn two you might as well just shake hands and go for beers. Turns the game into a coin flip.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:18 pm

With CSM potentially getting 3 rolls on Divination and landing Scryers Gaze.... mmmm 4 heldrakes on turn two?  (unless you can't roll a 3+ on 3D6 4 times)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:With CSM potentially getting 3 rolls on Divination and landing Scryers Gaze.... mmmm 4 heldrakes on turn two?  (unless you can't roll a 3+ on 3D6 4 times)

Knowing me... I'd still fail 1/2 those rolls....
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down