Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This bears airing out. (-- drama warning \\ my apologies --)

+3
Roland
Paz
Lore Weaver
7 posters

Go down

This bears airing out.  (-- drama warning \\ my apologies --) Empty This bears airing out. (-- drama warning \ my apologies --)

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:13 pm

I, again, fully accept that I'm being a bit dickish here, but I'm not an anonymous dick, so there's that.

Adam and I took our disagreements to messages back and forth. I would like to share the crux of those messages with an open, honest message to Adam.

Adam. While I may not like you, please understand, for a number of factors people have difficulty playing games with you. This isn't about who's life is better, who's dad can beat up who's dad, or who is "more successful". I was annoyed about your claim that things were "hectic" when you are too young and under-experienced in life to understand what "hectic" really means... The overall goal, for me, was to help you realize that you need to change. That said the following replies, attached here unedited, are for people to read and consume and help offer you some pointers such that you can have a more enjoyable experience as a member of our community.

I, again re-iterate, while I cannot stand to play you, if the situation arises such that we must play, I will put an effort in to make that game as cordial as possible.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

This bears airing out.  (-- drama warning \\ my apologies --) Empty Re: This bears airing out. (-- drama warning \\ my apologies --)

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:14 pm

From Adam
---
Hi Mark,

I realize that you are very busy with you family and fundraisers, and as such I do sincerely apologize for standing you up.

However it is still 'just a game'

I am sorry if my move, mid-terms, and personal health have made the finals go on the unprecedented length of a whole month. If you were so unhappy that I had gone on a date with my wife and forgotten about our date, you could have said so then. I would have paid the bill, walked her home, and been at the Den within 20 minutes.

I have worked in Fund-Raising as a part of Scouts Canada and the B'nai Brit Youth Organisation. I know how hectic that can be. I planned to meet you that Friday, but was caught off guard and did not check my schedule as I should have before going out.

You say I do not get the point of 40k. I thought it was a hobby for people that like Toy-Soldies, Chess, and Dice Games. I use it as a method of intellectual stimulation and relaxation, a 'game' if you would. I get that you hate to play me. You find me annoying and I consistently win. Its not magic, my dice are not rigged, and I know not of what intellectual handicap you speak of. It plainly is that I employ appropriate strategy to the case. The number crunching of 40k is not very complicated. I enjoy to sit with another player and watch the toy-soldier math unfold over a couple of hours.

I do the same thing professionally in both my tutoring and my internship last year. With proper teaching method, any kid with half a brain can pass math and science classes. The method works time and time again with all of my clients. Likewise, with proper strategic and logistic preparation, I was able to take a project initially planned for 4 months and complete in under 2 weeks as I did for my research at CNH.

I think that you seriously need to ask yourself why you play Toy Soldier games. If your life is too hectic, than maybe you should not be playing kids games. My schedule of studying and errands and looking after my personal health problems can be moved around and leaves a lot of opportunity for free time in my schedule. I again apologize for standing you up, but it is you who could not find another opening for 2 weeks.

I get that you hate me, but I do not hate you. Life is not all about me, but you are not terribly mature for insulting me on a public forum.

--Adam
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

This bears airing out.  (-- drama warning \\ my apologies --) Empty Re: This bears airing out. (-- drama warning \\ my apologies --)

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:15 pm

From me (yes, I'm an asshole)

--
Allow me to pick apart the valid salient points that your making.

- 40K is not a kids game. I don't know a lot of "kids" with $1000's of dollars of disposable income. Also, the vast majority of 40k players are older than 19 (not sure if you read the statistical analysis that was done on this recently that was posted on BoLS as part of someone's master's thesis).

- Part of your intellectual handicap is illustrated in the concepts you're trying to communicate in this Private Message. Please read Sun Tzu's Art of War. Maybe you have already, maybe you forgot it. There's a difference between Strategy and Tactics. You play a fine tactical game, although somewhat obstructed by your lack of rules knowledge (11 people in a Rhino, not knowing what page of the rulebook that says this is a fire point, but it is, etc...). The last game we played (which wasn't a "bad" game), was lost due to a tactical mistake I made with my annihilation barges on turn 3.

- Intellectually, we're not on the same level (no offense, it's just truth). It's not your fault that bugs me, it's mine. It doesn't help it that you're holier than thou attitude before, during, and after a match rubs me the wrong way. (again, my fault, not yours)

- I would hope you'd consider that your particular set of personality traits might inspire discomfort with others as well. (as I must do to function in society as well).

--

Overall, that's not the point though is it. I don't want to dislike you (I'd use the word "dislike", not "hate"). I accept that we will play the occasional game as required for league play or tournament play, that experience should be as cordial as possible, and I will always endeavor for that to be the case.

--

I would hope that you reflect on the overall concept here that you create this feeling in people that causes them discomfort. I am not alone in this feeling, I just happened to call you out on it. Settle down, take a break, and think about the words people (not just me) are telling you.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Reply from Adam

--
Hi again Mark,

Yes I have read Sun Tzu's 13 scrolls, and I just looked through that BOLS demographic study. A majority of 40k players are adult white men as the study indicates, but I did start playing the game at around 10 years old. My friend across the street had some Orks which I thought were cool. After the holidays, when I had some money I bought some termaguants. I played for a number of years in a local league that was mostly populated by kids and teens.

As I have no car right now, I have had a few long walks recently and thought about the points you are making. Firstly, I ask: what ethos do you have. From what I know, you are a 40-something family man with a wife and 4 (I think) kids. You used to work at the University, implying that you are an academic, and you had a run for city council, showing that you are politically involved (also likely given the BOLS study).

You say that you and others feel discomforted by me. This has been implied to be a result of my aggressive nature. So, when about did all this started here on the Hunter's Circuit. After first joining this group, I won a series of events and a league. A rumor started to circulate that I won because I was cheating with rigged dice. When I think about this, all I can think is, "Oh look, we lost! He must be cheating! He is a witch lets burn his magic dice!", but what this also sort of feels like is, "Oh look, he is a Jew! He must of bewitched his dice with child-sacrificing magic because a cretin of his intelligence level could never beat us consistently at Toy Soldiers!"

I happen to win at things a lot. I happen to be aggressive. I come from a people that have been attacked again and again over time because we happen to generally be more aggressive and successful than others. My father is one of the most aggressive men I know. He is terribly impersonal and almost impossible to get along with. On the other hand he is a self-made multimillionaire, son of a self-made multimillionaire holocaust survivor.

So honestly, I ask myself if maybe a guy like me beat you up in high-school. Or maybe a Dr. Cohen got your job at the U of S. Or maybe you are still suffering from your political failure in your run for council. My dad right now is running for Mayor of Montreal West on a platform that the city should stop paying out millions of dollars of corrupt construction to mafioso bullies. Maybe if you had run on something more than look at me, I am in social media! You might have gotten more votes.

How many millions have you made from not being aggressive?

You did not lose that game because of your annihilation barge error. I also made errors like misusing my Wave-Serpent and it cost me that model. You lost because I beat you. That is why I usually beat you. The only loss to you in my recent memory is when I was playing a terrible list built around Kharn the Betrayer, and you had the same cheesy annihilation barge spam + Imhotek for super jink saves. You sound like those awful League of Legends players who are so quick to blame their own team when in reality it was the opposing team that had beaten them.

When your non-aggressive kid gets bullied at school by a more aggressive and more likely to succeed child, be sure to tell him that he is on a higher intellectual level than that kid. I am sure that will fix everything right up. You can also then tell him to go on the internet and complain about how he lost, and how unfair and aggressive the other kid was.

My Little Pony is targeted at little girls but the demographic is 30 year old bronies. 40k Toy Soldiers is a Kids Game; it happens to be played mostly by adults (and is WAY cooler than MLP). I didn't have $1000's of dollars when I was 10 years, so I went without Lictors and Zoanthropes that cost more $ to buy, and settled with cheaper gaunts and warriors. If you can't handle that I regularly win at the Saskatoon leagues and events, then you do not have to attend.

Enjoy your intellectual level of a 40 year old political failure who loses Kids Games to a 20 year old 'mediocre' chemical engineering student and can't stand it. Grow up and get off your High Horse. You may not associate with them, but the Brother of Klansmen hates people who are more successful than themselves as well as people they consider on lower intellectual levels. I hear they have a big group in Regina, you could go join their gaming club.

I'll be in the next league, and I promise not to stand you up at another finals match

--Adam
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:19 pm

So there you have it folks.... </drama>

For me, this matter is closed and I will partake in this issue no further. I believe I've said all that is worth saying and this requires no further energy on my part.

While I could be witty, clever, and a dash snarky and dickish with a further reply, I believe that would only serve to entertain some and yet cause stress on some others. While this may be cathartic for me, it goes no further to an end goal of making our community a better place.

In the end, the goal is to make our community a better place. I enjoy this game. I enjoy playing 40k with my friends, especially over an improved beverage. I look forward to competitive events, and enjoy the pleasure of (most) everyone's company. I would hope that situation is mutual.

If you read this far, thanks for following the drama, I have nothing further to say that would lead to a resolution in this matter.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Jesus f**king christ.

Adam, you are claiming that if people dont like you, they are anti-semetic? Or members of 'the Klan'? go f**k yourself. I cannot believe you actually said that. and that aggressive "bullies" make it? Piss off you idiotic self-righteous twat.

lets go remember our favorite adam moments:

first time I played you. We were gonna get together, do a trade, and play a game. Me, like a retard, did the trade first. My emperor's children conversions were far and away a higher value that your shitty shitty gaunts, but you were new, and I thought "heck, this kid seems okay, I'll let him have this one."

Then I experienced the worst f**king game of my life. You voice-overed the whole game (as if you actually knew what the hell you were doing), you corrected everything, and whined like a child when I eventually beat you.

The one and only time I ever chose to play you. Second time was the 2nd worst game I have ever played, with you and Dom. You were a dick of the highest calibre. I remember having to walk out I was so frustrated. Not from losing (I wanted to lose faster it was so painful) but from having to be near you.

if you ever, EVER use the anti-semetism card or pro-bullying as you ace again, especially in public, its over. no more playing you, I mean ever(I will just forfeit any tournament I have to face you, have fun with any hollow victory your 'strategic genius' nets you). And expect others to follow suit. That is the lowest, dirtiest shit excuse I have ever seen in a gaming group, ever.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:26 pm

ummmmm...

wow.

Mark- I agree with you for the most part. I think bringing his abilities as a student and his intellectual ability were out of line, but thats my opinion.

Adam. Adamadamadam.

Short version:"We don't hate Token because he's black, we hate him because he's an asshole."

Long version: A little background. You know the stereotypical nerd in the movies? The one that got beat up, and shoved into lockers. That was me. That was me HARD. Anyone else had that here? Anyone else have scars to prove it? I, probably better than most, know what it is like to be shunned, ostracized, left out.
Did I mention I grew up in the deep South, and my brother married his black girlfriend when I was in 10th grade? Anyone ever lain awake wondering if that noise was just someone driving by, or if it was truck full of rednecks looking to lynch the "n****-lover" and his family? Anyone have grandparents that cut off your side of the family because you went to someone's wedding?

This had made me... sensitive to what I view as people not welcoming others, leaving people out "just because" and the like. While I understood WHY some people might not like playing against you as much as others, I felt it was UNFAIR to just freeze you out, because "your game" was different than theirs. Because I dealt with that on a daily basis until I was 19.

We tried helping you. We told you behaviors that you need to improve on, or why people find that thing you do irritating, etc (Don't worry, I'll come back to this). And when you pull an alltime dick move, by FORGETTING YOU HAVE A SCHEDULED GAME, your attitude is that we should just "let it go, man" and adjust our lives, to accomadate your lack of foresight (btw, you can make a project that should take 4 weeks finish is less than one, but you can't schedule a cross-town move, remember when you have a game, or remember to tell a new employer that you scheduled a month long trip right after your hire date, hmmmmm interesting).

This is a COMMUNITY. It is a SOCIAL game. When I agree to play someone, I am implying "I will try to make this as enjoyable as is possible for both of us". You have not EVER brought that mentality to the table. This is not SOCOM, or Halo, or whatever it is you kids play now where you gang up on the noob, whoop his ass and tell him you F****d his mom but good last night. When I play someone, that is 2-4 hrs of MY time and THEIR time we are giving to each other.

You do everything you possibly can to make the game UNENJOYABLE to your opponent. You frequently either bluff on rules or DO NOT know them.
Rhinos don't fit 11 men.
Vehicles cannot claim cover from area terrain.

Remember our Eldar/Deathwing game? Remember how you charged around that corner, and then argued I couldn't get overwatch because none of them had LOS? You were right on that one. You know what you can't do tho? Charge something you don't have LOS to, like around a corner. That was a nice one, Adam, well played.

The problem isn't that I lose to you. At Mark's tournament, I basically got tabled 3 times. I gave one (the only one I've ever given!) 0 for sports. That was all you, big guy. Paz's army tore me apart, but he could still make jokes and hold some stuff back to make it interesting. Giving me a chance to win a combat and maybe take an obj wouldn't have changed the scoring, but it kept me involved.

You on the other hand, wouldn't settle for less than a tabling. Up 15-2 in KP (by the scoring of the tourney, I would have to take out 5 units of yours, unanswered, to change your score), YOU DROVE ACROSS THE BOARD SO KHARN AND A FULL BERZERKER UNIT COULD ASSAULT 3 TACTICAL MARINES. Overkill? Maybe, but tabling your opponent is way more important than having fun isn't it?

BTW, the 0 you gave Trev because he beat you? The points that cost him the tourney? That was just freakin' classic pot calling the kettle black.

And then there is "take-backs". You wanna enlighten the rest of us as to what a take back is? Then can you explain how this would NOT be construed as a dick move?

30 mins arguing about if difficult terrain is 2d6, take the highest; or 2d6, take the lowest? Crack the #$%$@@#^ BRB, ya twatwaffle!! You have NEVER, EVER looked up a rule when its questioned. You just try and bluff your way thru it. Isn't this a *GAME*, Adam. No need to bluff, or win by breaking the rules.

Enough about gaming... lets get to YOU.

You flat out say your dad is aggressive and its made him rich, but a PITA to be around.... so lets be just like him.

You repeat several times that this is a game, and your schedules "hectic" right now..... but you refuse to just say "Sorry guys, I'm out for this one," even when Robyn says "YOU'RE OUT."

Then you accuse Mark and vaguely all the rest of us, of being sore losers at best, and anti-semites at worst. And you say bullies are in the right, because they are aggressive and know what they want.

I am not a sore loser. I lose regularly to a lot of people on here, and I do it with a smile on my face.

I have complained about your behavior, to be sure, but I have ALWAYS been in favor of trying to work something out and help you be more accepted. Then you pull this bullying horseshit?!

You're welcome to join the league. I can't and won't stop you. But good luck finding an opponent, because I'm pretty sure you'll find next to nobody to play.

F*** you and the horse you rode in on.

PS: When one of your friends (re-Tom) tells you, "You're being an ass-hat," you're probably being an ass-hat. Or he an anti-semite, too?

PPS: I have 2 kids, 6 and 2. They are in occasionally. I try to raise them to be good kids. Who help people, who stand up to bullies. If you see them, don't talk to them or about them. Ever. I'd like to have the kind of relationship with them you apparently don't have with your dad. I'll live with not being a self-made multimillionaire.

PPPS: I keep records of all the tourneys. Your record very bad to average generals (like me) is great. You win almost all the time. Against the Robyn's, Paz's, Bidyk's and Mark's of the world, you are around 50%. So quit acting like you're some game god.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Re-reading some of this:

"I happen to win at things a lot. I happen to be aggressive. I come from a people that have been attacked again and again over time because we happen to generally be more aggressive and successful than others."

I happen to be a White, male, American. Historically, we have been lot more fucking aggressive that anyone else. We built our country by basically wiping out one race and enslaving another. But might makes right, correct? If I can beat you up, I get your stuff, right?

"My father is one of the most aggressive men I know. He is terribly impersonal and almost impossible to get along with. On the other hand he is a self-made multimillionaire, son of a self-made multimillionaire holocaust survivor."

So he's a dick, but he's a rich dick, eh? And that makes it ok.

I'm more than a little familiar with the Holocaust. For example, I had to do a report on a figure in WWII and I drew Josef Mengele. Some terribly awful, horrible things happened to the Jewish people, and it was wrong. But then I guess Hitler was aggressive, so its all okay. Your peoples past doesn't give you a free pass to be an asshole.

"So honestly, I ask myself if maybe a guy like me beat you up in high-school. Or maybe a Dr. Cohen got your job at the U of S. Or maybe you are still suffering from your political failure in your run for council. My dad right now is running for Mayor of Montreal West on a platform that the city should stop paying out millions of dollars of corrupt construction to mafioso bullies.(but the mafia is being AGRESSIVE. I thought that was a good thing) Maybe if you had run on something more than look at me, I am in social media! You might have gotten more votes.

How many millions have you made from not being aggressive?"

Maybe if you'd have been more aggressive telling HR about your vacation plans during the interview, you'd still have a job. Seriously, because he doesn't like playing you, he was beat up by a Jewish kid? Where do you get this crap?

I was beaten up by a kid like you tho. A small brained idiot who thought the world owed him something, and that he had the right to beat me up, because he was bigger and aggression is best.

You have switch sides on your opinion so many times I've lost count. Its just a game, BUT I MUST GET MY GAME IN EVEN THOUGH THINGS ARE SO HECTIC. Aggression is good, except when people are agressive back to you.

Hoestly, do you just pull whatever out of your ass to justify your actions? YOU MISSED THE GAME WITH MARK BECAUSE YOUR DUMBASS FORGOT, but its HIS FAULT he couldn't reschedule for almost 2 weeks. Do you know how dumb that sounds?!?!
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Well, I just wandered over to this. I was wondering why Mark sent me a note saying sorry for having the task of moderating some of these threads.

Ha. I've had to deal with "Adam's" a few times over the years. They can usually put on a good show when threatened with expulsion, like he was last league if he didn't shape up. And he did, he was jovial for a brief stint..

Mark and Beau have done more than an adequate job showing you how incredibly stupid and impersonal you are, so I don't have say anything except I don't want to see you signing up for this next league. Possibly the one after.. *shrugs* who knows. I dont think anyone wants to play you as it is, but I'm sure this firms it up.

Please take a break from some events for awhile. It'll save the organizer the pain of trying to deicde who gets punished for having to play you.

I'll keep the thread unlocked for now, but it's dangerously close to being locked just because of how stupidly personal and sensitive you've chosen to make it with Mark.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:12 pm

....*slow head shake* i'm not even gonna say anything. paz and beau have been so thorough, it doesnt need saying.

i will say this though.  any future tournament that's run by me, you are banned from participating in adam. all of them.  whether its one for the league's monthly circuit, or a random freebee for the gamers in the city. you will not play in any i run.  and that will never be rescinded.

i can't put up with your attitude anymore, and i tell other T.O.'s at the start of their tournaments that if you join and i face you, i'll outright forfeit before the round starts.  and after this, i won't subject making others play you either.

that's all i'm going to say on this...whatever this is. ugh.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Couple of clarifications

That thing with trevor was that I gave him 9/10 for sports because one of the cheque list items was having a tape or something.

Second thing, I lost that job because I told them in the interview that I would be gone for 2 weeks. I asked If I could start mid-month.

As for the messages, they are rant's at Mark, and are not terribly serious or designed to be public. They are a specific response to 2 things mostly. 1) The Dice thing and 2) I felt bullied by Mark

The last time I heard that someone claim that good dice were rigged was after losing $$ gambling. I still feel its ridiculous how many people went with that, and consider it to be a form of bad sportsmanship of everyone in on it.

As for the Mark thing: It is really just a game. Yes its also a hobby and whatever. The point of the game is to have fun playing it. I play other games similarly, and attack life problems in a similar manner. If your dudes kill my dudes, or if my dudes kill your dudes, whatever. If you don't wanna play out the last few turns of a game that you lost on turn 3, then call it.

Mark, I get that you're old. You have more responsibilities than me. But I feel that you are unfair in your view of how hectic my life could possibly be. Without boring you, I will say that my life's hectic stress mostly stems from my chronic/constant pain and daily migraine-like symptoms. There is no cure for my pain, and it often disables my ability to function in life. In addition I tend to be very irritable and unable to get work done or remember plans I had made during the very regular more intense migraine days. It causes me to fall behind for weeks or months at a time.

This is not to say that I know people often don't like to play against me. I enjoy an aggressive cut-throat Toy Soldier game. I played Magic the same way, and pissed off many opponents doing it. I don't have a different sort of game for 'casual' vs ;hardcore' settings.

And when I hear things like '"Intellectually, we're not on the same level (no offense, it's just truth). It's not your fault that bugs me, it's mine. It doesn't help it that you're holier than thou attitude before, during, and after a match rubs me the wrong way. (again, my fault, not yours)" all I can think of is a guy who doesn't like me because he feels I am dumber than him and shouldn't be beating him at 40k.

If you wanna take a private message I wrote to troll Mark as my serious world-view, then go ahead. You can call me pro-bullying, pro-aggresive, pro-nazi/racism. You can even call it a threat against Mark, where I am going to train and bribe future children to beat his up. It is just a stupid rant in response to what I feel was an immature account on Mark's part. I play war-games aggressively, and I don't like people who can't just tell me that they don't like playing me but would rather go around and insult me.

I don't meanIf I have to burn down every bridge I have in this community, then that's that. Its just a F ucking game. When an annoying nerd beats me in chess, I take that as a challenge to get better. I don't go and try to rally as many people as I can into a hate-squad. Good-Night to all of you. If you hate my guts, then I am sorry it has come to this. If you think I'm serious about all the dumb shit I told Mark, go nuts. Its just a fucking game - sorry I don't play it nice enough

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Ah Canadin...you are just the worst, someone who hides behind excuses like " I play to win" and " I am who I am and everyone else is wrong" to justify why you take something like a miniatures game so seriously.  You claim that it's just a game but spend hours writing boastful posts about how you win all the time, so which is it?  Are you an icon who we should all aspire to be, or do you just play a game?

The hilarious part is you picked mark as the target, a guy who gives everyone multiple chances and is well-liked by pretty much the entire community.  Nice play ace!  You managed to piss off Robyn too, something that requires a lot of effort.  If alienating yourself is your game then you indeed win consistently.

In summary - Mark doesn't need to form a posse against you, you did it yourself by being a terrible opponent, a cheater and a WAAC gamer.
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:34 am

Lore Weaver wrote: Life is not all about me, but you are not terribly mature for insulting me on a public forum.

--Adam
Adam, there is a difference between someone issuing insult and calling you out. This thread is chock full of the latter.

In the correspondence we exchanged after the events of the playoffs thread, which had been civil, I had thought that perhaps you were about to make some progress, or were at least trying. And then you pull this shit. I had trusted you to start an effort to reign yourself in, to try to let things cool down and get better, and instead you do this an betray this trust.

"Lawl, j/k, I'm just joshing" is, again, not an appropriate followup to the exchange you had with Mark. Not only is there the distinct absence of a sarcasm font work against you here, by all indications it was not sarcasm or joking at Mark's expense, but straight up malice. Even in your most recent dismissal of what has been unfolding before all of us here, you go on to clarify that an earlier statement of yours could be construed as a THREAT against Mark and his family. Was this statement made largely out of contempt of those arrayed against you? Probably. Does this give Mark grounds to report you to the police for threats issued against children? Most explicitly. I hear all the cops love a good joke.

Furthermore, running to hide behind the skirt of a religion you don't even practice like a mischievous child? That's not a card you get to play.

While I admit that I am in a unique position to appreciate your health situation, the fact still stands that you are an adult of full functioning facilities, and yet not only have you confessed to me that you have often gotten into life threatening situations, but your simple inability to see why this situation is unfolding before you and how you choose only to make it worse, is damning.

Either you are possessed of some form of vile hubris or afflicted with a crippling social myopia. This whole mess isn't about a game, and hasn't been such for some time, it has been about your fundamental lack of respect for others.

canadin wrote:This is not to say that I know people often don't like to play against me. I enjoy an aggressive cut-throat Toy Soldier game. I played Magic the same way, and pissed off many opponents doing it. I don't have a different sort of game for 'casual' vs ;hardcore' settings.
You yourself have made this observation Adam, and the fact that it is a trend that continues through multiple formats. It is called "doesn't play well with others" when seen in children, and is generally indicative of a problem with the person going out of their way to piss off everyone else, rather than sourced at the many and varied individuals who have become offended. You are an adult, of the age of the majority, allowed by law to drive and purchase alcohol. You need to act accordingly to the responsibilities and privileges your age brings you.

Adam, gaze upon what you have wrought. This is all your work, and all Mark has done is expose what has come to a head. You had a chance to try to fix things, but instead opted to Plan A harder.

To spare those I care about the crippling implications of proximity to someone who has chosen to become so socially caustic, and when confronted rather than backing down opting to double down, I can no longer associate with you. Further more, I will not have the first event I ever run have it's attendance mar'd by your hubris, as I will not be having people bow out from the possibility of a match up with you. I guess this makes things easier for you to weasel out of paying even more money for Netflix, as now you don't have to worry about any.

Finally, I had taken down my post in the playoffs thread, out of respect for your wishes. Seeing as you have gone out of your way to systematically destroy my respect by your actions here today, have a parting gift. Have a great night with your wife, you two deserve each other.

Planes wrote:I think the whole league finals thing is a bit of the straw that broke the camel's back on the forums here. While the significant delay in the resolution of the current league is certainly a great inconvenience to anyone wanting to get going with the fall/winter league, especially the handful of new individuals whom have recently popped up, I think the larger underlying issue that people are having is with your general laissez-faire attitude you take on life with. While a bit of this can be a healthy way not to go insane in this crazy world, to use it as your go to, and some times seemingly only, method can be infuriating. I have been around you enough to know that this isn't just something you bring with you when you go to game, either. What you sometimes see yourself doing as some kind of lulzy whimsy strikes ire in those around you, especially when it comes to a lack of response to your surroundings. Even prior to your car accidents, I found riding in a vehicle you are driving a somewhat nervous experience, even having to call out a light for you on one occasion. Even further than that is where you either ignore the caustic vitriol that your wife directs towards other human beings, alternating between facilitating her by your non-action and waiting until after the fact to make half-assed apologies and excuses for her intolerable behavior.

And when confronted with this, "lol, they're just afraid of my wife" is NOT the correct response. When she made it so that for a number of months she made it her personal business to make your roommate and my friend go through a living hell, to the point where he felt unwelcome in what should have been his home, where when she didn't have physical proximity to him switched over to berating him over Facebook, and with the monumental level of hypocrisy she brought with her where it was perfectly fine if she left squalor everywhere, but heaven forbid your roommate took an hour too long to get around to his own dishes. To sit back, see all this unfold before you in your own household, and rather than be outraged at the levels of sheer indecency she treated your fellow man, you gaze upon it and find a joke. You think, isn't it funny how there are people that can't handle this.

And then you wonder how people get frustrated with you.

I think you need to get some stuff straightened out on your end. Things more substantial than acting cowed on the forums and apologizing for things that were largely in your power to prevent by simply paying attention to the people around you and reacting to them, and to the world around you and participating in it. While it has been said that "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players," I think it is time to realize that a great many scenes you have been playing in have not been comedy.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:17 am

Ok, I am a terrible player. I ruined all your fun. But don't worry, from now on I will only collect 40k for my own modeling enjoyment.

@Beau: I never beat up anyone in high school. But I do now know that you equate me with the meat-heads that beat you up. The only people I ever laid hands on were those on the Rugby field that I tackled, and friends who agreed to a fight for shits and giggles. And if you want to really talk about racism, I do feel bad that you were bullied because of the way people viewed the marital relations of your family. In my family, people have transit bus explosions and rockets land nearby because of intolerant people. Also, I would hope that no one would take the Brotherhood of Klansman seriously. I don't even know why they are allowed to legally operate in Regina.

And my father may be impersonable, but we have a wonderful relationship. I very much understand if you would not want to be seen in such a way by your own family, but I want you to understand that he cares very much about everyone around him and is a great man.

@Mark: I was specifically being ridiculous in order to make a point of how ridiculous I feel this all is. I would NEVER harm your children

@Tom: Have you ever had a friend steal over $2000 from you for drugs and booze? Its a hard situation to deal with. Raine rightly so should be afraid of my wife.

@Everyone: I guess games are not the same thing between me and the community here. To me 2 guys can sit at a table. play pretend beat up each other ruthlessly, and then go have a great time afterwards hanging out or whatever. To make a terrible Nerdy comparison no one is supposed to hate Edge because he is a dick that will do anything within the made up rules of WWE wrestling to win. But I am sure that his character is not such a bad guy out of the ring. You all met gamer-Adam, and it seems he is too much of a dick for you.

Do not worry, I will not attend your events. I will still be around if anyone doesn't mind a game where you play for playing sake, and do not judge your opponent by how he commands his Toy Soldier army

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:47 am

I think that should do it on this thread. Everyones weighed n.

*locked down*
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down