Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning

+3
Veyure
Cjihad
System Commander
7 posters

Go down

Warning Empty Warning

Post  System Commander Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:14 am

Alrighty, the board has been a little.. hmm, whats the word.. a bit on the not-so-friendly side of things as of late. I'm starting to get an odd feeling when I go through the new messages and responses, especially over the last month and I dont like the vibe.

Most of the people on the board here are either in the 40K league, or have been in the past and like to keep up with things going on at the Den. I have never been a fan or supporter of the being a jerk online and not worrying about it in real life take on things. . I think that everyone who posts a topic on this board, should be able to say those things to the person in real life.

This board is primarily for the use of the league to set-up games, and to support the hobby side of things with talk and posts about 40K as a whole, to keep us all motivated. Some of us have known each others for years now, so can banter some trash back and forth a bit.. but there are alot of new guys around who dont know 1/4 of the people on the list. When you've never met someone, and call them out, or make fun of them.. that person will take it in a negative way.

I'm really dont like whats been happening lately, so I guess this is a type of informal warning. Lets keep things civil and friendly or Ill have to start introducing some rules.. which I really dont want to do. If it comes to that point, Im sure Ill just delete those accounts and be done with it and avoid the rule hassle thing.

Am I out of line here or have other people been noticing it as well? If no one else has, maybe I'll just take a look at myself then.. I might be waking up on the wrong side of the bed or something.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Warning Empty Re: Warning

Post  Cjihad Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:57 am

I've noticed it too. Some posts have come across as rude or condescending. Even if that is not the intent, it is not difficult to reply and say what you want to say politely.
Cjihad
Cjihad
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:06 pm

not knowing people really has nothing to do with interpretation. Most of the guys i make fun of on here know me but still take it the wrong way when i take a jibe at them, especially paz (He can be a bit sensitive sometimes Smile ).

It has been a bit negative on here thgouhg. I think the reason being that because of a lot of new people involved in the league, the older players are trying to keep the flow of things around the same as it was. I know when i first joined the league i had to get used to the way things were done. If someone goes and does something that the older players (Older as in played the league longer and not age-wise because i don't think all you old guys are really old Razz ) then people will speak up and try to correct. Maybe the mood of the correction should be kept positive.

I'm sorry though as i think i contributed to a few of the negative threads, though unintentionally it came out negative. Those of you know that if i say something that sounds like an insult it's probably a joke and should not be taken seriously. If i really don't like someone i will probably just never talk to them.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:11 pm

What dissapoints me about this site is that I CAN'T talk to people they way I would to their face because of the stupid =I=censor=I= censorship thingy. Let's lift this ban so that we may all discuss hobby ideas freely and without these shackles that are letting our posts become so open to interpretation!

I don't play the game, I don't have much to say about 40k. Why am I here? I am still buddies with a bunch of members and it's easy for me to keep in touch this way.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:24 pm

BE NICE TO KRRON! ^ ^

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:16 pm

No Robyn, You are not wrong, I agree that things have been a little tense. I've noticed this down at the den as well though.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Can't we just all get along? I find with new people it can be difficult to detect sarcasm. So I often give people the benefit of the doubt. That being said, I echo the sentiments expressed above, let's aim for discourse and constructive criticism instead of just criticism.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Krron wrote:BE NICE TO KRRON! ^ ^
I WILL!!!.............................if you give me a cookie. Razz
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down