Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential 1750 pt Eldar List

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Potential 1750 pt Eldar List Empty Potential 1750 pt Eldar List

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:14 pm

Very Rough...

HQ===

1. Autarch with Fun Stuff 150pts

Elites===

1. 10xHarlequins with Shadow Seer and Troup Master, 2 fusion pistols

Troops===

1. 10xDire Avengers... on foot? Diresword pistol exarch
2. 10xGuardians with a Shuriken Cannon in a Wave Serpent
3. Same as above

Fast Attack

1. Crimson Hunter
2. 2xVipers

Heavy

1. 3xWar Walkers with Scatter Laser and Starcannon (S6AP2 thingy)
2. Wraith knight with 2 wraith cannons and 2 scatter lasers? (might do a different loadout)

===

I'm all outta points!

Things I might change

1) Swap the Autarch for Asurmen (Dire Avenger Phoenix Lord)
2) ??? to fit in some Warp Spiders?

I really want to keep the Harlequins.

Anyway, the nice thing about this is, it's 2 battle forces, the war walker box, the flier, and the wraithknight and that's it for buying stuff.

===
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Potential 1750 pt Eldar List Empty Re: Potential 1750 pt Eldar List

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Yep, Wraithknight can only fire two guns.

Back to the board of drawing.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Yea its a common question right now with how many guns the Wraithknight can fire. List looks a bit "meh". If you lose first turn I see a lot of stuff going poorly for you.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Ya, it's already radically changed. :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Love to see the new list and whats changed! I agree with Aegwymourn, im having trouble finding the synergy in this list haha :S
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Autarch: Mantle of the Laughing God; Shard of Anaris; Swooping Hawk wings. 165
Asurmen 220

10 Harlequins: Troupe Master (power sword); Shadowseer. 230

10 Guardian Defenders: Heavy Weapon Platform (scatter laser). 240
Wave Serpent: Twin Linked Scatter Laser; Shuriken Cannon.
10 Dire Avengers: Dire Avenger Exarch (diresword and shuriken pistol; Battle Fortune). 175

Crimson Hunter Exarch 180

Wraithknight: suncannon and scattershield; scatter laser. 300

1,750 points
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Hey not too bad. It seems really small to me, i would maybe drop Asurman or the Autarch to put another unit in, or another unit and vehicle. I feel like the Dire avengers arn't going to accomplish much as with only a 4+ armor save and on foot they are likely to get shot up. Also short of assaults, you're only anti-vehicle seems to be your Crimson Hunter, who is completely awesome btw, but if the enemy manages to shoot him down and still has a moderate amount of vehicles left....uh oh :s
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Asurmen is on foot with the Dire Avangers, standing in front tanking for the unit, with potential Warlord Trait beefyness.

Autarch jumps up and kills something (pseudo assassin like with his Fleshbane and ID in close combat).

Guardians are protected via swanky S6 shooty Wave Serpents.

Harlequins assault something. (I might swap these for scorpions and warp spiders later)

Crimson Hunter kills enemy fliers

Wraithknight absorbs fire and kills dudes with 2+ saves with his potentially twin-linked Suncannon (4 tries to get a hit on 3+) then S6 AP2 Blasty goodness. Later in the game, the guardians hop out, kill stuffs, and take objectives (18 S4 psuedo rending shots and a scatter laser)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Yeah, sounds pertty sound, i just worry you wont have enough potatoes to go with your steak so to speak. As in if they manage to take down your wraithknight (not an easy feat by any means, though lascannons suck!) Then their army wont be to scared to get out of vehicles all of a sudden and then being outnumbered quite severely.

I mean it kind of looks like a list i tried to make work when i tried starting Eldar (back in 5th mind you). But i tried to take too many goodies and it just wasn't worth it. for example you could free up a good chunk of points by skipping an Exarch in the Dire Avengers squad (especially with Asurman in there he is rather redundant). Could allow you to take more upgrades on your tanks to make them better.

Also i don't know if you need a full squad of Harlequins. I would maybe reduce them by a few models to try to free up enough points to buy the dire avengers a ride. Remember, if the harlies destroy whatever they assault in your turn, they are going to get shot up by the enemy (unless they roll poor for Veil of Tears providing you got it off). So maybe take a few less, then when you assault you can destroy enough enemy so they cant kill you back, and then stay locked in combat, then after the enemy assault turn hit and run away to re-assault something that turn for some more furious charge goodness.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:49 pm

i hadn't tried a bigger than 750 list with the new Eldar book yet so i figured id give it a shot, here's what i ended up with:

Farseer w/jetbike, singing spear

10xDire Avengers
->Waveserpent w/ Holofields, Bright lance

6xJetbikes w/2 cannons

8x Striking Scorpions

5x Fire Dragons w/exarch, Dragon flamer, iron resolve
-> Wave Serpent w/scatter laser (maybe a bright lance instead since thats what i got modeled), holofields

8xWarp Spiders

8x Shining Spears w/Exarch, starlance, hit+run

Crimson hunter, w/exarch

Fire Prism w/holofields

Fire Prism w/holofields

1750 total.

Now i know i kind of break the mold in the sense that it is not modeled around a battleforce or two at all or contains a wraithknight, but this is likely what i will try running first at the 1750 points value. Things to change? swapping the Farseer for an Exarch to make the Shining spears potentially less durable but hit harder, as well as having better control over my reserves, (keeping those jetbikes back and helping the crimson hunter come on right away, or hold back and wait for the enemy's flier to come in).

The nice thing they did with this codex is alot of the Exarchs are even less necessary now. With only those with important abilities or wargear being taken. The shining spears exarch for the hit and run, the Crimson hunter Exarch because bs 5 on a ridiculous flier, why not? and the fire dragon exarch with flamer so the fire dragons have something else to do if they kill all the vehicles. (iron resolve was because i had 5 pts extra at the end haha.) I'm counting on this list having enough anti tank to never worry about that, enough high str and low ap to deal with heavy infantry and MC, and then bikes, scorpions, dire avengers, and warp spiders to do the rest (theres a reason Dire Avengers went up a point. With battle focus and a wave serpent they have a threat range of potentially 36" with their catapults. More like 34" on average i would say (run roll with re roll))

Does it look ok? anything im missing? I think i covered all my bases. Just wanted to share what i came up with out of my insane membrane.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am

Here's where I'm thinking now. A touch more themey.

Asurmen 220

6 Striking Scorpions: Striking Scorpion Exarch (scorpion's claw; Crushing Blow). 152

10 Dire Avengers: Dire Avenger Exarch (diresword and shuriken pistol; Disarming Strike; Battle Fortune). 185

7 Warp Spiders: Warp Spider Exarch (twin-linked death spinner; Fast Shot; pair of powerblades). 178
10 Warp Spiders: Warp Spider Exarch (twin-linked death spinner; Fast Shot; pair of powerblades). 235

1,750 points

EDIT====

If I could free up the points (70) to put a Warlock in each wave serpent, that'd be pretty spiffy, as you could cast conceal on the wave serpent, giving it a 3+ cover save as long as it moved. 2+ if you free up another 15 points for a holo-field. (100 pts total)

Anti-Flier, I'm relying on the Wave Serpents and Warp Spiders to do the job, both are capable of it, but not *as* capable as the Crimson Hunter. If the Warp Spiders deep strike on rear-arc against a Heldrake, they have a good chance. If both wave serpents fire at a single heldrake, they also have a fairly good chance to take down a turkey. If they can get rear arc, then each one can do it.

The trick is the Twin-Linked Scatter Laser gets 8 die rolls to get a 6, making everything else twin-linked, including discharging the Serpent Shield (which dis-allows jink saves, because it ignores cover... take that, non-heldrake fliers). This gives you, on average, 3 S6 hits and a S7 hit against a flier (the latter with a very high standard deviation, as it's D6+1 shots).

Warp Spiders get +1S against vehicles and have a tonne of shots, making them viable against the air as well.

Otherwise, it's Asurman standing infront of the Dire Avenger Squad, with his warlord trait(s), all of which provide a good benefit to the units. Warp Spiders likely deepstrike in, although could start on the board if I deploy first (6+2D6" move, Run, Shoot, 2D6" jump, could still get within 12" range of the deathspinner). If Asurman gets the no-scatter on Deepstrike trait, they'll definitely do that.

Wraithknight just walks around killing things as needed. (Non-fliers though).

Scorpions try and get a 2nd turn assault off.

Wave Serpents pop transports, if needed.

If there's a bunch of Land-Raiders, transport duty will be on the Wraithknight's S10 melee attacks.

It seems solid, although I'd like to massage it to get a Farseer and a pair of Warlocks (170pts total for those 3), have the Farseer join the Dire Avenger unit, and a warlock per wave serpent.

The Assassin wing guy is fun, but weak (T3, 3+/4++, no eternal warrior is not a good guy to drop 165-190 points on)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:40 am

Why are your lists not including Psykers? They're the hawt tomales of the new book, especially Farseers and Spiritseers. The utility of the Runes of Battle deck is very helpful and combining Divination and Runes of Fate also ensures your Farseer has solid army boosting skills.

I had a game last night and having Guide, Prescience and Doom was pretty amazing. Had bad luck with the Spiritseer as he got eaten by a Heldrake but that happens to anyone these days Smile

Trust me guys psychic trickery is definitely the Eldar way!
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:35 am

Ya, I'd love a Farseer and two warlocks. Only problem with that tree is 3 or 4 of the powers are good, it's not like Divination where they're all good. I suppose you could grab Guide then roll twice on Divination. Like I said in my edit, I'd only have to free up 170pts for the three of them.

Either that or drop the scorpions, shift the spiders to 3 units of 5, and grab a Spiritseer and a unit of Wraithguard.

--

I think Farseer and two Warlocks is pretty seksy.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 am

I'd say try to free up 115 points for a Farseer on a Jetbike.

You can go with primaris for guide and Prescience as well as 1 random off Runes, Div, or Telep. It will go a long way for multiplying the power of whichever unit needs it that turn.

Also, throw some 40 point warlocks with spears into your guardian squads. If a Dreadnaught shows up, it gets a S9 shot plus 3 armorbane attacks at I5. It also gets 1 of 7 swanky psychic powers.

Otherwise looks solid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 am

I'd be tempted to go Guide, Prescience, and one Telepathy (if not Hallucination or Invis, grab Psychic Scream)

While he is good on a jetbike, I don't think that fits the style of list I'm going for.

Edit:

I don't think the guardians will be getting out of their ride all that often. I might drop the Scatter Lasers to free up some points. Singing Spears does seem like a neat idea for 5pts, I'll see how it shakes out. I can also drop some Exarch Powers too.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:03 pm

This mod seems pretty tight. 2+ Cover Save on the Wave Serpents ~2/3rds of the time.

Asurmen 220
Farseer: singing spear; runes of warding. 115

10 Dire Avengers: Dire Avenger Exarch (diresword and shuriken pistol; Disarming Strike). 170
10 Guardian Defenders: Heavy Weapon Platform (shuriken cannon). 285
Wave Serpent: Holo-fields; Twin Linked Scatter Laser; Shuriken Cannon.
Warlock
Warlock

7 Warp Spiders: Warp Spider Exarch (twin-linked death spinner; Fast Shot; pair of powerblades). 178
8 Warp Spiders: Warp Spider Exarch (twin-linked death spinner; Fast Shot; pair of powerblades). 197

1,750 points
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:20 pm

look toight, like a tiger! We need to get a game it Mark. I wonder how long those Wave Serpents will hold up without their precious cover saves! Twisted Evil
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:04 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:look toight, like a tiger! We need to get a game it Mark. I wonder how long those Wave Serpents will hold up without their precious cover saves! Twisted Evil

If I don't discharge their shields, they'll be just fine. Why do you ask? geek

Edit: Got some dudes I can borrow to proxy?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:13 pm

I have at least 10 Dire Avengers (now that they are apparently worth their weight in gold makes me happy I bought them before) and at least 20 guardians. I'd have to take a closer look when I got home to whats all bopin' around in that case of mine. What kinda of face is that cabbage-patch kid or something Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 pm

@Mark - why not drop one squad of Spiders for some Shining Spears or a Crimson Hunter? That way you get some diversity and don't have to field fifteen twenty year old figs that are mono-pose (minus the Exarch).

I think the Crimson Hunter will perform better on the table than on paper as people haven't adapted to how good Vector Dancer is. You never have to be closer than ~35" unless you want to be. Shining Spears on the other hand are tailor made to fly around with a Jetseer who has Prescience and 2 other goodies...

Just a thought.
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 pm

I notice a whole lot of S4-7 shooting, whats the plan if you have an AV 13-14 to deal with?
I would stick bright lances into the guardian squads, it is what I am planning for extra AT.

Also grab spinneret rifle on spiders, 2xAP 1 shots at 18", 3 at 9"

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:32 am

*sniffles* Can't conceal a Wave Serpent, as it targets the Psyker only. Still worth having a warlock in there, IMO.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Sale today, so I got the rest, will post the list soon

------ Edit ------

Asurmen 220
Farseer: The Spirit Stone of Anath'lan; singing spear; runes of witnessing. 135

6 Striking Scorpions: Striking Scorpion Exarch (scorpion's claw; Crushing Blow). 152

10 Dire Avengers: Dire Avenger Exarch (diresword and shuriken pistol; Disarming Strike; Battle Fortune). 185
Warlock
Warlock

7 Warp Spiders: Warp Spider Exarch (twin-linked death spinner; Fast Shot; Marksman's Eye; pair of powerblades). 188

1,750 points

----

Edit: It's possible to trim exarch powers and nick-nacks to fit in a plain jane Crimson Hunter.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Farseer: singing spear. 105
Fuegan 220

10 Dire Avengers: Dire Avenger Exarch (power weapon and shimmershield). 160
10 Guardian Defenders: Heavy Weapon Platform (shuriken cannon). 250
10 Guardian Defenders: Heavy Weapon Platform (shuriken cannon). 250

5 Warp Spiders 95
5 Warp Spiders 95

3 Support Weapons: 3× vibro-cannon. 125
Warlock
Fire Prism: Holo-fields; Spirit Stones. 150

1,750 points

----

Nekkid Spiders are more points efficient that having an exarch.  Feugan deals with things, has FnP and the Dire Avengers give him a 5++ save.

Spirit Stones ensure that the Prism can continue to shoot all game.  This seems pretty tight to me, and shores up the weaknesses exposed in my game vs Dallas.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:15 pm

I dunno, your chances of gettting the 2+ rerollable tank is much slimmer compared to Asuraman. Besides you cannot take those FNP against anything that is str8 or higher so I think the better invul save might be better, along with higher odds of gettting the save reroll.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next