Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Space Marines | Reecius at Frontline Chimes in

5 posters

Go down

Chaos Space Marines | Reecius at Frontline Chimes in Empty Chaos Space Marines | Reecius at Frontline Chimes in

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 am

With a premise of "Chaos Space Marines Suck Ass" how can you go wrong! (he's talking about the unit)

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2013/03/24/lets-talk-units-chaos-space-marines/
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Chaos Space Marines | Reecius at Frontline Chimes in Empty Re: Chaos Space Marines | Reecius at Frontline Chimes in

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:32 am

its not a new thought. I have it every time i look at my pile of marines Sad and i come to same conclusions.

las/plas 10 man units for holding objectives.... and not much else. if your going to tool up a squad for assault or forward objectives, plague marines or noise marines do the same job.. only better, with Fearless.

I am going to put a 19 man unit of khorne CSM with 2 melta guns and a banner in the Storm eagle with Kharne and see what damage that can do Smile lotsa points. but kharne needs furious charge no?

I was even thinking of putting fabius bile in the army and making those 19 dudes even scarier
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Chaos Space Marines | Reecius at Frontline Chimes in Empty Re: Chaos Space Marines | Reecius at Frontline Chimes in

Post  Roland Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:18 am

Mike, thats just mean.

Glorious, but mean.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 am

I've got a 5-man experiment I'd like to kick the tires on. Rhino's are an issue as you're assault's delayed and they cough up first blood worse than a Defiler//Forgefiend
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:01 pm

How about a 20 man unit with invis and endurane?
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Gulsnick wrote:How about a 20 man unit with invis and endurane?

Either of those would be scary enough on it's own. Make that regular CSM with a mark of nurgle and you're gold.

Only problem is rolling the power you want.

An unmarked lvl 3 sorcerer has a ~62% chance to get the power he wants, assuming he dedicates all his powers to one tree and doesn't swap for the primaris along the way.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:45 pm

I like my 12 man unit who get shot for kharn.

12 CSM, Mark of Khorne, 2 flamers (with extra CCW), Lightning Claw, and Icon of Wrath!!

Its a little expensive, but still fearless with kharn, and furious charge/rage/counter-attack. The big thing is that the Icon lets you re-roll charge distance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:55 am

something wrong with a 13 point troop choice that is only good when joined with a fearless HQ. reecius has it right.

Played a lot with and against these guys the last few days. and its just.. blah.

I was talking to Gulsnik about this after our game this evening, you know what would have made them better? battle brother allies with characters that could confer Fearless.

or sorcerers with fearless.

or fuckin commisars. Imperial gaurdsmen are more likely to stick around when the going gets tough than a Chaos space marine .
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:31 am

Imagine that, a loyalist trooper who knows that if he runs he'll get sent to a penal legion or shot in the back will stand his ground as opposed to a bitter, selfish merc...

Honestly, if you don't like CSM squads don't take them, you have other options in the book. In this day n' age of allies and force org swaps I find it difficult to care if one or two of a books Troops choices aren't fantastic.
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:16 am

Getting scoring units from IG or Daemons is both viable and good.

5-10 marines with plasma guns in a rhino with a havoc launcher and combi-plasma isn't horrible, especially if you outflank them with Huron.

75+65+35+12+Combi Plasma = what... 200ish points? --- a tad pricey I guess :-(
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down