Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smashing Face with Dark Angels

+6
da bear
System Commander
Rhaevyn
Planes
Roland
Lore Weaver
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Smashing Face with Dark Angels - Page 2 Empty Re: Smashing Face with Dark Angels

Post  da bear Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:48 pm

I'd love to robyn, but I'm diving nights now till further notice so my knly free nights are sat and sunday
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Smashing Face with Dark Angels - Page 2 Empty Re: Smashing Face with Dark Angels

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm

can you deathwing assault an entire army? i was given to believe that 50% of your units had to be on the table at the start of the game (except flyers and units inside of flyers, and marbo.. and any unit thats rules insist on it being in reserves at the start of the game) i would figure that DW assault is an option.. not a necessity?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Point. They don't HAVE to DW Assault. You can DW Assault, Reserve as normal, or walk em on. Hmmmm. So you'd actually have to have enough support units on the board to DS your DW. Units that HAVE to DS (a tact in a DP for instance) don't count either way, correct?

and no cheatsies, Mark I had 7 units on the table to start:)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Roland wrote:Point. They don't HAVE to DW Assault. You can DW Assault, Reserve as normal, or walk em on. Hmmmm. So you'd actually have to have enough support units on the board to DS your DW. Units that HAVE to DS (a tact in a DP for instance) don't count either way, correct?

and no cheatsies, Mark I had 7 units on the table to start:)

< 7 at the end :-) *poke poke poke* *laughs*
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Q: Do units that are transported in a vehicle that MUST start in
reserve count towards the number of units that can be placed in
Reserves? For example, must I count the units in a Drop Pod or
Valkyrie towards the 50% of units I can place in Reserves? (p124)
A: No.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Mike: So the only way you could even have a null deployment, is everything MUST go in reserves, correct (ALL cron air, drop pod or similar)

Mark: 1 to END:)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:18 pm

mike, you could DW assault the entire army on turn 1 if you wanted to. the rule you're refering to stats that at the end of 'any' player turn, if you have 0 models on the board, you automatically lose the game. so as long as you finish 'your' turn 1 with them on the board, you're DW are ok.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Mike: DW do not HAVE to DS, therefore at least SOME units have to be deployed (1/2 total). If I make a DW army that is nothing but Belial, a DW COmmand Squad and 4 DW Squads, 3 would have to deploy and the other 2 have the option of DW assaulting. If I played the 2000 point list I posted I could DW assault ALL of them, as I'd have at least 4 other units on the table (The 2 Preds and 2 Dreads).
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:46 pm

yeah. cron air. meltavets in vendettas.

Though. you might get a faq that lets you deathwing assault an entire army. Its one of those things that i think Gw wants you to buy/play.

Mike: the rules for reserves state that only 50% of your total unit count is eligable to be placed in reserve. (not counting flyers, units inside flyers, marbo, and other models that are forced into reserve)

Been working on this list for a bit. its crap cuz its chaos. but it might be fun. enemy has 1 turn to wreck my land raider /w Typhus and his plague marines in it...and then flyers start arriving, dropping troops and alpha striking all your stuffs!

(ps who better to back up kharn than a legion of zombies hes already killed... tempted to model them all without heads.)

1750 Pts - Chaos Space Marines Roster

HQ: Kharn the Betrayer (1#, 160 pts)
. . 1 Kharn the Betrayer, 160 pts

Troops: Plague Zombies (19#, 86 pts)
. . 18 Plague Zombies, 86 pts
. . . . 1 Plague Zombie Champion

Fast Attack: Chaos Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (IA) (1#, 205 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (IA), 205 pts

Fast Attack: Heldrake (1#, 170 pts)
. . 1 Heldrake, 170 pts (Baleflamer)

Fast Attack: Heldrake (1#, 170 pts)
. . 1 Heldrake, 170 pts (Baleflamer)

HQ: Typhus (1#, 230 pts)
. . 1 Typhus, 230 pts ( Warlord; Lord of Terror; Nurgle)

Heavy Support: Chaos Land Raider (1#, 235 pts)
. . 1 Chaos Land Raider, 235 pts (Dozer Blade)

Troops: Plague Marines (6#, 194 pts)
. . 5 Plague Marines, 194 pts (Meltagun x2)
. . . . 1 Plague Champion (Melta Bombs; Boltgun; Plague Knife; Power Fist)

HQ: Primaris Psyker (1#, 70 pts)
. . 1 Primaris Psyker (HQ) [Guard], 70 pts

Troops: Veteran Squad (10#, 100 pts)
. . 9 Veteran Squad (Troops) [Guard], 100 pts (Meltagun x3)
. . . . 1 Veteran Sergeant [Guard]

Fast Attack: Vendetta Gunship Squadron (1#, 130 pts)
. . 1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron (Fast) [Guard], 130 pts
. . . . 1 Vendetta [Guard]

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Finally read through the book.

So.. A squad with devastation banner can give a crusader 24 twin linked shots at 24"? If theres another crusader within 6".. It gets it as well? If those crusaders are deathwing vehicles.. Thwy are basically venerable.. ?

Why does that seem damn scary? Yeah.. Your putting your eggs in one basket with heavy ani infantry.. But damn! Those two crusaders would blow a grey knight army off the field pretty fast.

I think the book looks great. Lots of cool options thats for sure. I cant believe the flyer is 180 points.. Damn.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm not sure about that one, the entry clearly says "boltgun" which I would take as to mean the plain-ol bolters that tactical squads have.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 pm

But... 3++ and all the interwebz say by "boltguns" they mean "bolter weaponry" cuz... well pg 56... so by their logic a vulcan mega bolter (Heavy 15) is now salvo 2/4.

I've noticed a lot of other weird interpetation (DW per squad, even tho the codex makes it pretty clear the "deathwing assault" happens on one turn;

Reece Robbins on BOLS

"The changes to Deathwing Assault is brilliant! I just love rules that provide the opportunity for these little meta-games and tactical choices. Instead of rolling for reserves, if a unit opts to use Deathwing Assault, you CHOOSE what turn they come in (and no limit on the amount of units per turn, either!). Sweet! You can have them all come in turn 1, or 2, or mix it up!"

"And speaking of those very cool banners, the one everyone seems to be talking about is the Banner of Devastation. Turning Boltguns into Salvo 2/4 weapons is just sweet. You can combo this bad boy so many ways. As he is a primary target for precision strikes, barrage sniping, and focus fire, you need to protect him. Toss him in a vehicle (he goes well with a Land Raider Crusader whose Storm Bolters apparently are affected by the banner in addition to increasing the radius of the aura) which can further be buffed with a Power Field, Tac Marines, Termies, Bikers (relentless makes this just super good) Dark Talons, etc. Plus, take Azrael (who is just pretty dang awesome in general) and you now make all your Marines L10, which saves points on Vet Sarges, and those Tac marines are even better. And that is just what we see now!"

SMH
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Spamus Eatus wrote:I'm not sure about that one, the entry clearly says "boltgun" which I would take as to mean the plain-ol bolters that tactical squads have.

I would have to agree with that as well. All the arguements are basically stemmed from bad wording... aka Boltgun and Hurricane Bolter [which 3 twin-linked bolt guns fired as a single weapon.]
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:32 pm

I'd second that. Boltgun/bolters, combi-bolters, hurricane bolters (the later 2 fire "as a bolter") Thats all i can see. When you say ALL BOLTER WEAPONS it gets ridiculous.

BTW is it just me, or is "Salvo" the old rules for a Psycannon? Looks like the new GK are pulling a Cron:)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm

I'd argue that "Boltguns" covers plain bolters, the bolter half of combi weapons, twin-linked bolters (the bikes), and hurricane bolters (as they are 3 twin-linked boltguns)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm

My original statement still stands two crusaders (or lord help us, three if the bearer was in one) gets 24 twin linked shots.each at 24"... Ack.

It doesnt say anything about los for bammers.. Unless i missed it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Banners are LoS free. Now imagine a powerfield in one of those landraiders, they now all have a 4++ save.

--- Mike, here's the 1750 you'll be facing ---

HQ---

1. Azreal 215
2. Librarian Terrilious 65, Lvl 2 35, Power Field 30 = 130

Command: 5xVeterans 100, Banner of Devestation 65
Razorback 55, Twin-Linked LasCannon 20, Storm Bolter 5
= 245

HQ = 590

Troops---

1. Deathwing Terminators 220
Assault Cannon 20, Chainfist 5
= 245

2. Deathwing Terminators 220
Assault Cannon 20, Chainfist 5
= 245

3. 10xMarines 140
Plasma Cannon 15, Plasma Gun 15, Plasma Pistol 15, Melta Bombs 5
= 190

4. 10xMarines 140
Plasma Cannon 15, Plasma Gun 15, Plasma Pistol 15, Melta Bombs 5
= 190

5. 3xRavenwing Bikes 80
1xPlasma Gun 15, Melta Bombs 5, Veteran 10
= 110

Troops = 980

Fast Attack---

1. Nephilum 180 (las)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:43 pm

If your free in the next few weeks Mark id love to try my standard chaos list against it.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 pm

System Commander wrote:If your free in the next few weeks Mark id love to try my standard chaos list against it.

Lets do this like Brutus.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:13 am

so. i dont know why you would do it.

but it occurs to me that since you can put tech marines on bikes... you can have up to 4 ravenwing command squads in your army.. thus fielding all three banners!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:31 am

To the bolt question:

Same Q came up when space marine codex first came out. Special issue ammunition: can you use it with any "bolt" weapons, like a storm Bolter, or combi-Bolter?

If memory serves, that was a big "nooope" from gw.

Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2