Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions

+7
Deadlytoaster
Timbo
Rhaevyn
judchic
System Commander
Planes
Lore Weaver
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 pm

If not, then I'd take a Warboss with 11 'Ard Boyz in a Trukk and 30 Shoota Boyz.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos Theory: The Scoring Solutions

Post  Roland Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm

They are going away. But as of right now it's just chaos. But only Ghaz turns meganobz to troops.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Roland wrote:But only Ghaz turns meganobz to troops.

Plain-Jane Warbosses turn one unit of Nobz or MegaNobz into Troops.

Here's the wording, "A Warboss allows one Meganobz or Nobz mob to be taken as a Troops choice." I would guess that still works for allies, as it doesn't say, "An army led by a Warboss" or anything like that.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 pm

I stand corrected.

An American being wrong... Who'd have thunk it?

(Everyone)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:30 pm

@Mark. I couldn't find anything about that. So maybe the Nobz would be okay. I was sure I heard it somewhere, but then again I am old and senile.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm

If the wording was, "If you're army is led by a Techmarine, then you can take Dreadnaughts as Heavy Support" then I'd say an allied contingent might not be able to take a dreadnaught in the heavy slot. I really don't know tho.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 pm

For the chaos guys (bidyk, Robyn, Adam, etc) what are you running? The consensus at B&C seems to be Huron, sorc, csm for scoring, cultist for bubble wrap. That doesN't seem like it would leave room for much else.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:47 am

I'm for league finals i'm running typhus. plague marines, zombies. few hundred points of IG allies.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 am

I'm starting to like the idea of 35 cultists with 3 flamers for 165pts.
Edit: In a Typhus List, 35 zombies are 150pts. 20 zombies are 90pts.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 am

My scoring solution has become noise marines.

After a few playtests I am very happy with their performance. Doom siren overwatch, and blasmaster for special gun are rather nice. They are fearless, I5, and either triple equip or sonic blaster.

Great for midfeild. Great for killing other troops. And outflank lord plus melta bikers is doing well.

Kharn is my warlord, and he is super killy. Give him a squad of marines 15-20.

3 heavy support, lotsa cannons.

Ally --> Lord of change wit master sorcerer & breath of chaos. The lord reaally cements the list together. He is amazing at catching enemy scoring units, breaking vehicles, killing 2+ armor, and surviving as a T6, 4W, 3++ flyer with a not bad mellee statline either after breath overwatch

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 pm

I like Noise Marines, a lot, but they are a lot of points.

Getting a shooty unit with a blastmaster is 250 points or so. That's a lot of points, and not even FNP yet.

20 marines with mark of Khorne led by Kharn is definitely cool though.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:20 am

Imagine if Noise marines could take special weapons? As far as 18 point triple weapon I5 fearless marines go, not too shabby at all.

Trick i guess is figuring out their role. sonic weaponry are too many dollahs. i just wish they had the weapon loadout options that plague marines have.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:36 am

Noise Marines are unquestionably good, just happen to be easy to spend too many points on.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:25 am

Sorry Beau.. Just getting to your note in the thread here.

For now I'm going to stick with a Khorne jugg lord and a unit of bikes. As such m going to keep at least one unit of berseekers in the list.. With or without kharn from time to time.

I also like to take a ten man unit of plain marines.. And then depending if i have allies, prob some awesome cultists!

I really want to keep working with two landraiders, a predator And a vindicator for an armoured base... While abandoning rhinos for now. I dont have any.basic troops i can load.up in them.. Just berserkers so ill keep the easy kiil points at home for now and see how this works out.

If i throw.some allies, either guard or daemons.. Ill be loading up on platoon guardsmen and plaguebearers/horrors

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 am

Berzerkers in a Landraider are good, especially with a re-roll charge range Icon.

EDIT:

A list something like

Khorne-Lord on Bike or Jugg

Troops
1. 10x'Zerkers
2. 10x'Zerkers
3. 5-10xPlain Marines with a flamer or two?
4. Cultists
5. Maybe more cultists

Fort
Aegis Defense Line (the #3 dudes man the gun)

Fast--
Khorne Bikes
Khorne Spawn
Heldrake if you haz points???

Heavy
a pair of Land Raiders for your 'zerkers
Oblits // ???

Elites---
Mixed Power-Weapon Khorne Marked Termies (I think this unit's really strong, 4xmixed power weapon dudes (maul, axe, sword) and combi-plasma or combi-melta. Drop in, kill something, then charge next turn. Can the Champ have melta bombs?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Terminators can take grenades, as Typhus has blight grenades. Although buying a guy terminator armour usually replaces all of his equipment, including his grenades. So melta/blight end up being the only grenades terminators can end up with.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Berzerkers in a Landraider are good, especially with a re-roll charge range Icon.

I would dispute the idea that anything inside a CSM landraider being "good" as the Landraider would have to be classified as such first.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:Berzerkers in a Landraider are good, especially with a re-roll charge range Icon.

I would dispute the idea that anything inside a CSM landraider being "good" as the Landraider would have to be classified as such first.

I'd say the raider itself is "Average". What it does is allows a Khorne army to function, by getting a swanky turn 2 assault. Turn 1, move up 12, boost 6, sit there. Turn two, move six, disembark, charge. Future turns, have a landraider shoot stuff.

How many points is it again? 220? EDIT: If you like it you better put a dirge caster on it.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 pm

its 230 points in 6th edition. it got more expensive and gained the ability to take a couple more bad upgrades...( cuz lascannons need soulfire fo'sho.)
But none of them free.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:its 230 points in 6th edition. it got more expensive and gained the ability to take a couple more bad upgrades...( cuz lascannons need soulfire fo'sho.)
But none of them free.

Dirge Casters are amazing. If you can get that Landraider within 6" of whatever something is charging, you're denying overwatch. Great if you want to charge some Flamers of Tzeench or something that has had that Divination Buff cast on it... or anything with Wall of Death hits.

Time to put an Ipod Shuffle in your Land-Raides and have two earbuds coming out the door (or hatch) so you can play "Imperial March" when you charge.

235 points.

It's still got two twin-linked las-cannons, which have a reasonable shot to hit a flyer, as well as a twin-linked assault cannon, which would be effective against AV10 flyers, like Dakkajets.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:44 pm

The dirge caster on the raider is.great.. But.so is a 5 point dozer blade.. Which every raider should take.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm

System Commander wrote:The dirge caster on the raider is.great.. But.so is a 5 point dozer blade.. Which every raider should take.

I suppose you could also add-in the mini-deff-rolla thing too, but it's 15 points.

EDIT: I just realized that those two things put together are 20pts, same cost as a deff-rolla and significantly less effective.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:55 pm

dont compare a LR to a Wagon. it'll only make you weep Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:
as well as a twin-linked assault cannon, which would be effective against AV10 flyers, like Dakkajets.

You mean twin-linked heavy bolter. Vanilla land raiders only for Chaos please!
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Timbo wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:
as well as a twin-linked assault cannon, which would be effective against AV10 flyers, like Dakkajets.

You mean twin-linked heavy bolter. Vanilla land raiders only for Chaos please!

Oh... Right. I'm used to Aidan's crusader.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next