Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY 1500pt SM

+5
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
Lore Weaver
Aegwymourn
Selik
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MY 1500pt SM Empty MY 1500pt SM

Post  Selik Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 pm

1500 Pts - Codex: Space Marines Roster

So, with not many 6th ed games under my belt, and SM not my primary army this is what I have come up with.
not sure how Assault marines will do with the new rules, although I like beign able to choose my physk powers for my liby so that is what I have stuck with.how do you guys think this will do?

Elite: Terminator Squad (7#, 400 pts)
1 Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour, 125 pts (Infantry (Character); Psychic Hood; Terminator Armour; Force Stave; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics; Independent Character; Psyker (Mastery Level 1); Warlord; Master of Offence; Codex Psychic Powers; Smite; The Gate of Infinity)
5 Terminator Squad, 275 pts (Infantry; Terminator Armour; Power Fist x4; Storm Bolter x5; Chainfist x1; Cyclone Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Terminator Armour; Storm Bolter; Power Sword)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 210 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 210 pts (Infantry; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Boltgun x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Chainsword x1)
1 Rhino (10 model capacity; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Storm Bolter; Repair)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 285 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 285 pts (Infantry; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Boltgun x7; Meltagun; Multi-melta; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Power Fist x1)
1 Razorback (6 model capacity; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter; Twin-Linked Lascannon)

Troops: Scout Squad (5#, 95 pts)
4 Scout Squad, 95 pts (Infantry; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Scout Armour; Camo Cloaks; Bolt Pistol x4; Combat Blade x4; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics; Infiltrate; Move Through Cover; Scout)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Scout Armour; Camo Cloaks; Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Combat Blade)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 100 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron, 100 pts (Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast); Multi-melta x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1; Deep Strike)

Fast Attack: Space Marine Bike Squad (4#, 175 pts)
2 Space Marine Bike Squad, 175 pts (Bikes; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol x1; Meltagun x1; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Attack Bike (Bikes; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol; Multi-melta; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Power Fist; Twin-Linked Bolter)

Fast Attack: Assault Squad (5#, 145 pts)
4 Assault Squad, 145 pts (Jump Units; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Jump Pack; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x3; Chainsword x4; Plasma Pistol; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Jump Pack; Power Armour; Plasma Pistol x1; Power Axe x1)

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 85 pts)
1 Predator, 85 pts (Vehicle (Tank); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Autocannon; Heavy Bolter (each side))

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

MY 1500pt SM Empty Re: MY 1500pt SM

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:22 pm

the only thing i would point out is what you want this army to do specifically. i think you are trying to cover to many bases and wont have enough oomph to get the job done in shooting or close combat. i think it falls to much into the jack of all trades and master of none that it will be hard to hold objectives while pushing your opponent off theirs.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 pm

I think jetpack dudes are still really.... glass-cannons, without much cannon.

It's not like your Sister's list where you've got Celestine to tank for them.

Rhino's aren't great for Marines anymore. I like Razorbacks still, especially with combat-squads in non-purge-the-alien missions.

Bike squads are cool, especially with an attack bike. That 5+ jink save is cool, as is the 4+ jink save if you turbo-boost.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:07 am

Rhinos can be good for SM still. Combat squad to get the heavy weapon out and deploy it far back put the other combat squad in the Rhino and just shoot the special weapon out of the fire point. They are still silly cheap and makes them immune to str4 or less weapons.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:42 am

list is fairly balanced but doesnt specialize in anything specific. which is a good thing in some ways, cause it means no matter your opponent, you've got something that can harass them.
if you were to make any changes, here's some ideas, barring the fact i dont know your collection. your original list i'll leave white, ill make suggestions in different colors.

HQ
Terminator Librarian, (Force Stave; Smite; The Gate of Infinity)
i'd suggest a storm shield on him, as your only HQ, you'll want a better invul save than a 5++ when he's in CQC. that's 15 pts and you're at 1495 with this list, so we gotta look for the points.
smite's a nice little shooting attack, with up to 4 AP2 hits. if you're not too worried about scatter, Vortex is nice also, as its AP1 and str 10 so you could pop transports and wipe out clusters of models with it when it hits.

Elite
6 Terminator Squad, (1 Chainfist; Cyclone Missile Launcher), Sergeant (Power Sword)
here's where i'd get the points for the libby's shield, by dropping the 6th terminator. its better to just take 5, or a full 10 instead of weird point totals that occur from taking something in between, as you could use those points for wargear to make the list a little tougher. this leaves us with 30 points to spare after dropping him and taking a shield for the libby.

Troops
10 Tactical Squad, (Flamer; Missile Launcher), Sergeant (Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol & Chainsword) + Rhino
10 Tactical Squad, (Meltagun; Multi-melta), Sergeant (Bolt Pistol & Power Fist) + Razorback (Storm Bolter; Twin-Linked Lascannon)
i would switch the 2 transports around. that way your melta weapons can use the fire points from the rhino. the missile guy can combat squad and camp somewhere while the flamer and sarge get driven up somewhere else, and the razorback can then provide fire support for either combat squad
5 Scout Squad, (Camo Cloaks; Pistol & Combat Blade), Sergeant (Melta Bombs; Pistol & Combat Blade)
i'm a fan of the models when they're made, but not of how they play on the table. melee scouts in our codex aren't very good at all, not like wolf scouts. i'd suggest sniper rifles and a missile launcher, which will make this squad worth 100 pts. that leaves us 25pts left. have these buys camp in cover near a homebase objective, and until your opponent can melee them, they'll never get them out of there and they'll be an overall pain in the ass to deal with, so they'll be ignored out of target priority and guarantee 1 objective stays yours most games.

Fast
1 Land Speeder Typhoon, (Multi-melta)
i'd keep the heavy bolter on him, just because you have a good long range gun, mixed with a good short range gun. you want your typhoons zipping around in the back field harassing targets instead of zooming in for 2d6 melta attacks, so the 2 guns dont play well together. you should either keep him with a heavy bolter, or play it with 2 multi meltas and have it zip around tank hunting.
3 Space Marine Bike Squad (1 Meltagun), Sergeant (Power Fist) + Attack Bike (Multi-melta)
add in another meltagun so the other dude has something; with bike squads, you always want to take 2 of the same special weapon and capitalize on the damage they can bring at high speeds. this'll leave you with 15pts of play room now
5 Assault Squad, (Plasma Pistol), Sergeant (Plasma Pistol; Power Axe)
i discussed this on the phone with you, only taking 5 usually isnt enough. its either take 10 or take none, because they dont do enough target saturation at only 5 men. and its really bad to take plasma pistols on a small 5man squad cause you risk losing 25% of your squad to gets hot rolls. i'd drop the plasma and take a flamer. if you drop that meltabomb off the one tactical sarge, you can also take 2 more dudes for this squad, boosting them to 7 guys. still small, but better than the basic 5. this leaves you with 4 pts to spare.

Heavy
1 Predator, 85 pts (Heavy Bolter (each side))

so after the changes i suggested, your list would look like this:

HQ (1#, 140 pts)
Terminator Librarian, (Force Stave; Storm Shield; Smite; The Gate of Infinity)

Elite
5 Terminator Squad, (Chainfist x1; Cyclone Missile Launcher), Sergeant (Power Sword)

Troops (27#, 590 pts)
10 Tactical Squad, (Flamer; Missile Launcher), Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Chainsword) + Razorback (Storm Bolter; Twin-Linked Lascannon)
10 Tactical Squad, (Meltagun; Multi-melta), Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Power Fist) + Rhino
5 Scout Squad, (Camo Cloaks; Sniper Rifles; Missile Launcher), Sergeant (Sniper Rifle)

Fast
Land Speeder Typhoon, 100 pts (Multi-melta)
3 Space Marine Bike Squad, (Meltagun x2), Sergeant (Power Fist) + Attack Bike (Multi-melta)
7 Assault Squad, (Flamer), Sergeant (Power Axe)

Heavy
Predator (Heavy Bolter sponsons)

Total Roster Cost: 1496

dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Ive been pretty down on them so far, but Rhinos are decent gun platforms. I've played a number of games so far and i haven't regretted the purchase yet. You just have to adjust to the thought that they are NOT assault boats.

Yes, rhinos are easier than ever before to take out. But they can also suck up a lot of shots if your careful with cover. There Is something to be said for completely negating small arms fire for a turn or two. Rapid fire weapons shooting 24in on the move can whittle down a squad pretty easily. Also with nightfight so prevalent in 6th, Rhinos are a good place to pick up search lights.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:59 pm

I keep forgetting to roll forndarn night fight. Then half way through the game remember.. But forget for the last turns anyway. Ive done this like 4 times..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:30 pm

dusktiger wrote:i'd keep the heavy bolter on him, just because you have a good long range gun, mixed with a good short range gun. you want your typhoons zipping around in the back field harassing targets instead of zooming in for 2d6 melta attacks, so the 2 guns dont play well together. you should either keep him with a heavy bolter, or play it with 2 multi meltas and have it zip around tank hunting.

Really Mike? I seem to recall, oh never mind Wink
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Timbo wrote:Really Mike? I seem to recall, oh never mind Wink

grammar mistake tim, i believe you meant to type "oh, i see you've had a change of heart on how you prefer to field these?" its ok though, bad grammar happens to everyone, Razz

dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 pm

I dont know, I kinda like them with the MM as well, it creates 2 st8 missle with a a good st 8 anti tank. I feel that it makes them more of a threat if you ignore them they will mess up some unit and 24 in is still far enough away.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Oh no.. Not this again
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Are you refering to the "propa way to pimp ya landspeeder" thread,

or the 'Either Mike or Tim said the sky was blue, and the other immediately said it wasn't true" thread.

I say we sign up the two of them for RingRage or whatever the hell the broke ass UFC rip-off is here. That be awesome.

Tim would just use what he had determined to be the most effective combo over and over, and Mike would throw magnets and say kicks to the groin are allowed in IA books.

I'm making popcorn. This is gonna be GREAT:))))
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:07 pm

TIM "MADMAN" MILLER VS MIKE "STONE-COLD" STELMACH IN A NO-HOLDS-BARRED STREET FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

WE'LL SELL YOU THE WHOLE SEAT, BUT *YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE OF IT!!!!*
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:20 pm

*Ahem*

Kevin, If I were tweaking the list:

SS on the Libby, - If you actually want him to be good in CC; if he's there to soak up plasma shots, maybe go for the cheapie. I'm a Avenger/Null Zone guy, but I'm also not that good:)
Drop one Termie- It doesn't make that big a difference and saves some points.
Switch rides on the Tacticals - They just fit better, I agree with Mike.
Either Typhoon>HF or MM>HB- This has been argued to death. I can see where you are coming from, but I think either of these work better.
Drop the Assault Squad- I'm not a fan of SM assault squads, they are big easy targets, and they don't seem to hit hard enough to act as a counter assualt unit.

By my math you'd have 180 or 200 points to play with. 180'd be enough to get a second LS and Pred, 200 would let you double up on the LS and Pred and have 45(?) points left to play with. Maybe beef up the bike squad?

You'd posted your collection before, what do you have to sub in again?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:54 pm

I only have the one pred, but I do have assault termies and a crusader and ironclad and reg dred. I have tried a list similar to this before, the liby is just the ride for the termies and found that 5 was just not quit enough, to do what I want them to do. I am wonder how whirl winds work with this new eddition. I have 2 of those as well.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:05 pm

I'd be inclined to try to get that Ironclad and the Crusader in.

Same as before, drop the scouts and the pred as well, as in those two?

That'd leaves you with just the 2 tacticals for scoring tho, correct?:/
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:13 pm

yes it would leave only two scoring units unless cbt sqd them.
here is a little variant of the list, although I am limited with the models that I have and I like to play WYSIWYG

HQ: Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour (7#, 400 pts)
5 Terminator Squad, 275 pts (Infantry; Terminator Armour; Power Fist x4; Storm Bolter x5; Chainfist x1; Cyclone Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Terminator Armour; Storm Bolter; Power Sword)
1 Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armour, 125 pts (Infantry (Character); Psychic Hood; Terminator Armour; Force Stave; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics; Independent Character; Psyker (Mastery Level 1); Warlord; Coordinated Assault; Codex Psychic Powers; Force Dome; The Gate of Infinity)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 235 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 235 pts (Infantry; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Boltgun x7; Meltagun; Multi-melta; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Power Fist x1)

Troops: Tactical Squad (11#, 205 pts)
9 Tactical Squad, 205 pts (Infantry; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol x9; Boltgun x7; Flamer; Missile Launcher; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Bolt Pistol; Chainsword x1)

Fast Attack: Space Marine Bike Squad (5#, 200 pts)
3 Space Marine Bike Squad, 200 pts (Bikes; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol x2; Meltagun x1; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Squads; Combat Tactics)
1 Attack Bike (Bikes; Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Bolt Pistol; Multi-melta; Twin-Linked Bolter; And They Shall Know No Fear; Combat Tactics)
1 Sergeant (Assault Grenades; Krak Grenades; Power Armour; Space Marine Bike; Power Fist; Twin-Linked Bolter)

Elite: Ironclad Dreadnought (2#, 170 pts)
1 Ironclad Dreadnought, 170 pts (Vehicle (Walker); Extra Armor; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Meltagun; Seismic Hammer; Hurricane Bolter; Move Through Cover)
1 Drop Pod (Vehicle (Immobile, Open-topped); 12 model capacity; Storm Bolter; Drop Pod Assault; Immobile; Inertial Guidance System)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 100 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron, 100 pts (Vehicle (Skimmer, Fast); Multi-melta x1; Typhoon Missile Launcher x1; Deep Strike)

Heavy Support: Whirlwind (1#, 85 pts)
1 Whirlwind, 85 pts (Vehicle (Tank); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Whirlwind Multiple Missile Launcher)

Elite: Dreadnought (1#, 105 pts)
1 Dreadnought, 105 pts (Vehicle (Walker); Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Dreadnought CCW; Multi-melta; Storm Bolter)

Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:02 am

lol. Yes well played Mike, that is what I meant to say. Welcome to Team Awesome!
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:05 am

Roland wrote:TIM "MADMAN" MILLER VS MIKE "STONE-COLD" STELMACH IN A NO-HOLDS-BARRED STREET FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

That's TIM "IDIOT" MILLER. Get it right please Wink

If Mike's nickname is Stone-Cold I'm going to have to practice defending against the stunner. That's a tight finishing move.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 am

Timbo wrote:
Roland wrote:TIM "MADMAN" MILLER VS MIKE "STONE-COLD" STELMACH IN A NO-HOLDS-BARRED STREET FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

That's TIM "IDIOT" MILLER. Get it right please Wink

If Mike's nickname is Stone-Cold I'm going to have to practice defending against the stunner. That's a tight finishing move.

It's mainly that it flowed with Stelmach:) Maybe "magneto"?

You two should have a 40k grudge match. We'll have entrance music and signs ("scorpions have little stingers", "spam isn't a food", "there can only be one").
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm

your such a dork, lol
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Coming from a wargaming forum, that's saying alot.

It's like being king of the dorks:)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:59 pm

no no, gotta keep to the alliteration you got going here; the Duke of Dorkdom.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:04 pm

The Duck of Death.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Beau does look a little like English Bob..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next