Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th starter set models; PICTURES!!!

+7
judchic
Guardian Angel
Roland
Planes
System Commander
Aegwymourn
dusktiger
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

6th starter set models; PICTURES!!! Empty 6th starter set models; PICTURES!!!

Post  dusktiger Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:37 am

dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

6th starter set models; PICTURES!!! Empty Re: 6th starter set models; PICTURES!!!

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Those look like some nice minis. GW hasnt announced a release date yet have they?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

6th starter set models; PICTURES!!! Empty Re: 6th starter set models; PICTURES!!!

Post  System Commander Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Ive been keepong an eye out all morning on the various forums.. Hoping a hellbrute would be leaked.

Im less concerned about the normal models.. I just want to see all the brandnew stuff.. Hellbrute, dragon, thedaemon engines... Hurry up.. Leak some pictures !!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Well technically its all new stuff robyn :p new captain, new libby, all new chosen, and a cultist. They look fantastic. Might get this just to display in my case at home
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 pm

I heard someone was looking for pictures?

6th starter set models; PICTURES!!! Tumblr_m8wyyynjyb1qzilu9o1_1280_by_planes-d5bkegh
6th starter set models; PICTURES!!! Tumblr_m8wz1yad731qzilu9o1_1280_by_planes-d5bkeja
6th starter set models; PICTURES!!! Tumblr_m8wyvcxahq1qzilu9o1_1280_by_planes-d5bkek5
6th starter set models; PICTURES!!! Tumblr_m8x12h7wnu1qzilu9o1_1280_by_planes-d5bkekz
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:31 pm

The new units is what i was trying to say.

New marine models.. Cool sure.. But i want to see the daemon engines.

And yeah.... .. Hellbrute! He looks awesome.. My only concern. That model will get boring quick.. Gonna have to see how we can switch it up.

Those chosen though.. Awesome.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 pm

So long as the limbs come separate from the torso, there should be plenty you can do with it and a touch of Green Stuff.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Ravenwing=Deffkoptas
Hellbrute=Dread

All other counts are the same. (Except for the bonus Libby they crammed in on the DA.

So hopefully same price.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Ya....I can sooo see myself getting 2 of these boxes just for me.

My wife will love this idea of course. Wink

Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:22 pm

so anyone else get a case of old model syndrome looking at those? they really stepped up the quality compared to the old chaos stuff.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:53 pm

cool chaos guard
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm hoping the point break-down is closer than Black reach. I got it for my nephews and ended up having to add a squad 10 shoota boys and a PK Nob to make up the point diff.

Liking all the models, although the Interrogator-Chap is gonna be a pain (as it'll be limited ed. only)
Also, I haz a sad, the Tactical squad has 3 repeats:(

That said should be great, since I can use all of them:)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Aug 25th Pre Order
Sept 8 it drops
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:05 am

The basic armed cultists are doubled up as well. Just diff paint jobs and some at diff angles in the pics. Still pretty nice though.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:12 am

i just noticed that. The cultist special weapons also look as if the special was the only thing switched.

Overall, it's good, there was some repitition in AoBR as well.

I think we'll see some major point changes from both dexes

DA are near 800 as is, 650 is they are priced as SM

CSM are hovering in the mid 550's and are only gonna push 600 if the chosen squad has some garnly add-ons
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:13 am

Ok... I can either split a box with someone so I can have the chaos, they can have the marines.. or I can buy a full box, someone else buy a full box and we swap marines and chaos.

Anyone game for dark angel stuff?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:53 am

Now would be the best time for anyone to get dark angels. Almost everyone will buy this box but everyone wants the new chaos stuff. the dark angels will be forgotten in the box by most til they get a new codex.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 am

indeed. especially the limited edition chaplain. i can see that going for a pretty penny when DA get their codex down the road.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:16 am

id've split with ya robyn, but we just dropped cash on our own realm of battle board, so you can guess what i'll be busy working on this weekend and prolly the next few others.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Here's hoping hellbrute is a MC stat line and not a dread statline.

Its a great model, but close combat dreads just cant make it close enough to use that MM anymore. If it turns out well though, i have enough daemon prince bits and AOBR dreads to make some good conversions.

Those chosen models are awesome. lets hope that the codex makes them more useful in this edition. I hear abbadon makes chosen either scoring or troops (I've read both)
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:17 pm

They do have the rules floating arouind for the Hellbrute.

Hes is basically a dread.. but the mark options are interesting.. which are the same options the decimator came with from forgeworld a few months back.. Smile

you can take a butcher cannon though.. two reaper autocannons.. .. ooooo..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Your right.... i can live with the below. in fact i can see 3 on my shelf with magnetized butchers/reapers/flamers/extra power fists.
Rage, move 6, run 2d6, charge 2d6 with 5/6 str 10 attacks at I4? yes please.

I just want to clarify that while it is listed as having a Power Fist and not a Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon, because it is a Walker it does not suffer from the Unwieldy special rule, that's why it's simplified in the codex entry.

120 points

It's 12/12/10
Str 6, ws 4, bs4, i4

Multi-Melta / Power Fist (with inbuilt combi-bolter)

can swap the Multi-Melta for a butcher-cannon, or twin reaper auto cannons (which is pretty cool, since that's an entire riflemen in one arm, but with less range), twin-linked lascannon or a twin-linked heavy flamer.
can swap combi-bolter for a meltagun or heavy flamer

Has rampage

Mark of Khorne: Rage USR
Mark of Nurgle: 5+ restore a hull point OR repair immobilized / weapon destroyed at the start of a turn. Does not let it get back up after having been killed unlike Unholy Vigor.
Mark of Slaanesh: Sonic scream, gives it offensive/defensive grenades
Mark of Tzeench: flame weapons (if it has any) are +1 strength and -1 AP (heavy flamers are AP3... whaaaat)

New Information
Some stuff I left out (it was late, I was tired)

You can change the shooty arm for a Power Fist. The power fist doesn't have an inbuilt weapon though so you can't get another flamer or meltagun on it. This upgrade is free.

The autocannon is low points cost, the butcher cannon is moderate, the lascannon is expensive and the twin-flamer is free.

It's also still crazed, but crazed works differently now.

If you get fire frenzy, you double shot at the closest enemy target, not closest target. Only if there are no enemies in range do you shoot a friendly target (twice). If nothing is STILL in range, you treat it as blood rage instead. (so upgrade your stuff to flamers and give it another power fist if you always want it ANGRY)

Blood Rage makes the Hellbrute have to move towards the closest target. Rolls 2d6 to run (pick the highest) and can charge, and must charge, the closest target within 12". (rolled as normal). If immobilized, you treat as a Fire Frenzy.

Dark Apostles make Blood Rage results more likely to happen if they are nearby (but you risk the albeit now unlikely fire frenzy to the face).

They're not infected with the same virus as Obliterators.

It's not a daemon, and does not have the daemon USR

The fluff entry also mentions that some Hell Brutes are not as mutated as others, and more closely resemble their dreadnought kin, but to make no mistake they are just as insane.

(So you can still use your old models if you have them. The hellbrute is just the evolution of the whole "style" for the new CSM, which is a lot less "space marine with spikes" and a lot more something unique).
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:41 pm

I love the tzeentch power.. but i really like thw nurgle one.

I would def consider using a khorne and a nurgle oriented one.... With butcher cannons!

Im really interested in the shooty daemon engines. 4 str 8 shots sound great..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:33 am

khorne mark, /w flamer, and dark apostle nearby. 50% chance of raging, and as long as you keep stuff out of flamer range, your dude is going places with lots of attacks.

butcher cannons and double reapers sounds like the answer to everything that moves.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:22 am

Does this replace the Chaos Dread?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next