Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefoam BlackLabel

+6
gluvzer
Spamus Eatus
dusktiger
Rhaevyn
Matthew G
Roland
10 posters

Go down

Battlefoam BlackLabel Empty Battlefoam BlackLabel

Post  Roland Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 pm

http://us.battlefoam.com/categories/Battle-Foam-Black-Label/

So......

Am i the only onw who has problems with sand in my bag, corrosive liquids and solvents getting all over them, and large scale explosive impacts?

Seriously, where the &#(@) do they think we're playing? Afghanistan?!
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Battlefoam BlackLabel Empty Re: Battlefoam BlackLabel

Post  Matthew G Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 am

Painters must really be concerned about protecting the figures. Wonder if the black label can survive a house fire.
it appears they can withstand a nuclear detonation...
Hmm, i wonder if melta bombs still get double against them?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:19 am

first standard rule of Retail: Always offer an upgrade or elite version.

Even in the current economy there are always people with more money than common sense
Battlefoam BlackLabel Mercedes-benz-slr-mclaren-999-red-gold-dream-tuning-2

to be honest, even the two battlefoam cases i currently own seem like over expensive overkill if i ever think about it for more than a minute or two.(but then i go back to drinking my starbucks and eating my Double Down)
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:47 am

i think the black label cases are meant to cater more to their customers that are in the armed forces. that's what i understood from the newsletter they sent me anyways.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:01 am

Matt: Actually extreme heat is pretty much the *only* thing not listed. I know they are doing some amazing things with plastics these days...

Mike B: I think your pic said it all. Someone will always pay more. I've always viewed BF as the "highend" of the market (GW/Sabol/Sword and Shield Bags battling it out for the "okay" and "okay+10% segment), so Black Label would be a Bentley rather than a Lexus, i guess? As for the cost of BF's stuff, if it helps, I try to compare the cost of the bag/foam to the models inside. Sometimes that helps me sleep, sometimes it keeps me awake more.

Mike S: That is the only segment I can see it being geared to. My case have be checked on airlines, bounced around in a moving truck for more than 4000 miles, and most importantly, have been left alone with a toddler and an infant. Never had an issue. Just seems to me if I was being sent on active duty somewhere, taking a bunch of little plastic men to play war would be the last thing on my mind, but that may also be reason #4,789,367 I wouldn't be fit for military. I do have several friend who are active duty and a couple who were in Iraq and/or Afghanistan. It does look like they want some sense of normalcy.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:07 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those the kind of cases used for top end photography equipment, with "battlefoam" pasted on it?

I can see if you do lots of flying around to tournaments that this may be the thing for you, but for now I'll stick with my $10.00 Wallyworld toolcases thank you very much Very Happy
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:23 am

Might be good if you want to check your bags. Personally if i get one piece of carry-on luggage its going to be th thousand dollars worth of models. Not my $ 50 worth of underwear and socks.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:44 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Might be good if you want to check your bags. Personally if i get one piece of carry-on luggage its going to be th thousand dollars worth of models. Not my $ 50 worth of underwear and socks.

That is so true.... Socks and underwear can be replaced... Much harder to do with painted models...
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:35 pm

especially $50 socks and underwear.. I guess not everyone buys theirs at walmart.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 am

50 dollar socks and underwear!?!??! Shocked Shocked

Go to wal mart and get all the socks and underwear you need for a year for 50 bucks and spend the savings on 40k! :p
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Costco for me.. Ive got about 100 pairs of socks
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:Might be good if you want to check your bags. Personally if i get one piece of carry-on luggage its going to be th thousand dollars worth of models. Not my $ 50 worth of underwear and socks.

I've had my bag go on about 8 flights, 4 as check in and 4 as carry on and both it and the models inside were fine (though i got some really funny looks from customs people looking at kharn in the xray).
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Ive been using "army transport" bags, one small (platoon) and one large (not sure name), and have taken them as carry on without much issue (some stewardesses have claimed that it wouldn't fit in the overhead compartment, but I assured them it would).

And I really like how the foams they make are easily tailed to fit any model.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:33 pm

agreed. My 720 went back to Niagara loaded with model/paints etc and I lost ONE smoke launcher.

I've also flown my 1520 fully loaded internationally and nothing was so much as scratched.

Standard Battlefoam is fine for checking. Sabol and the like I'd prob insist on carry-on. Black Label is so the military guys can toss it in their duffel bags and take it with them. Or if you feel like getting in a 40k while Bear hunting.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:27 pm

judchic wrote:

I've had my bag go on about 8 flights, 4 as check in and 4 as carry on and both it and the models inside were fine (though i got some really funny looks from customs people looking at kharn in the xray).

Blood for the blood god..?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:40 pm

SOCKS FOR THE SOCK GOD!!!!!
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Is THAT why left socks keep going missing? For the sock chair?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:02 pm

the black label line is really just another fan service to those in the service; for those not aware, battlefoam has a permanent, sizable, discount to anyone currently active in the service; they just make their order with their service tag number in the comment section and not only get this hefty discount, but free shipping to any military base, worldwide, as well.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Matthew G wrote:
judchic wrote:

Blood for the blood god..?

Ive had to open up game cases and explain their contents to security personnel.

"That is a warjack, and those are space marines, and those are magic cards...."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down