Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOB with allies IG 1500pts

+4
Lore Weaver
gluvzer
Matthew G
Selik
8 posters

Go down

SOB with allies IG 1500pts Empty SOB with allies IG 1500pts

Post  Selik Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 am

rying out an allies list with my SOB not sure what to think of taking allies yet in a 1500 pt game.

1500 Pts - Sisters of Battle Roster/IG

1 Saint Celestine, 115 pts

9 Battle Sister Squad, 195 pts (Meltagun x2)
1 Sister Superior (Melta Bombs; Power Sword x1)
1 Rhino (Access Points: 3; Fire Points: 1; Storm Bolter)

9 Battle Sister Squad, 195 pts (Meltagun x2)

1 Exorcist, 145 pts (Storm Bolter)

4 Seraphim Squad, 125 pts (Two Hand Flamers x1)
1 Seraphim Superior (Power Sword; Plasma Pistol)

1 Primaris Psyker [Guard], 70 pts

9 Veteran Squad [Guard], 150 pts (Flamer x1; Meltagun x2)
1 Veteran Sergeant [Guard]
1 Chimera [Guard] (Heavy Flamer)

1 Leman Russ Squadron [Guard], 360 pts
1 Leman Russ Demolisher [Guard] (Lascannon)
1 Leman Russ Demolisher [Guard] (Lascannon)

Total Roster Cost: 1500

Created with Army BuilderĀ® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

SOB with allies IG 1500pts Empty Re: SOB with allies IG 1500pts

Post  Matthew G Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:50 am

This is why i disagree with allies.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:03 am

Matthew G wrote:This is why i disagree with allies.

I don't understand why this list is disagreeable. In my mind, this is why allies are good. We all know Sister's is a codex that is .. well.. lacking. This enables them to be a little more competitive and have a more rounded force. I would have no issue facing this army.

List crit: I think the LC's on the Russ's are too expensive for being BS 3. You're getting close with the tanks anyway, I think heavy flamers are better suited.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 am

Really?

2 exorcists and 2 leman russ demolishers?
Go ahead, play it. I've better things to do with my time than play against this list. Unless I'm kitted out specifically for killing heavy armor at mid-long range this list would screw me over.
/shrug

But then the exorcists would kill them.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Matthew G wrote:Really?

2 exorcists and 2 leman russ demolishers?
Go ahead, play it. I've better things to do with my time than play against this list. Unless I'm kitted out specifically for killing heavy armor at mid-long range this list would screw me over.
/shrug

But then the exorcists would kill them.

I think it's a cool list. I'm not entirely sure how he would deal with an Imotek Necron List, it'd probably reck him, or just straight up Guass. Even Dark Eldar Matt, you'd still get a 5+ or 4+ jink save on your raiders / bikes / hellions, just flat out on turn one and assault turn two. Also, Dark Lances and you ignore Night Fight entirely. Witches have Haywire grenades and hit vehicles on 3's right? They also fleet, which is amazing, you should always be able to charge on turn 2. A flat out raider goes something like 30", doesn't it? Then you get 6" Raider move, 6" Disembark, 2D6" charge with fleet re-rolls. Kevin'd have one turn to deal with you before you got there, and with the Russ's in a squadron, you'd assault all three without having to multi-assault, and probably hose all of them.

--

I like the list Kevin. Keep in mind that I'm a bit of a guard-r-tard, but isn't the Russ with the battle cannon super cool now, with like a battle cannon and 3 snap-firing heavy bolters or something? I don't even know what the options are. Having 3 AV 14 targets is super cool, and with the new rules for weapon destroyed results and short-term vehicle resiliency to suppression, I think you've got a winning combination here.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:02 pm

this list seems OK, it can not deal with flyers, It does add some flavor to the SOB having the IG although I find with using allies I have less cool options that are avail to using just one codex.

This list has some def drawbacks and a lot of pressure is on the hvy support to perform well. And as everyone knows in a game with dice the outcomes can varry.

I will be play testing this list on thurs against either a CSM/daemons list or SM list depending on my opponent.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:19 pm

just drop an aegis line in there with a icarus lascannon for 85pts, or pay the little extra for a quad gun; you'll give your sisters behind the wall a 4+ cover save and get a gun that shoots at your model's BS against flyers. so if you keep a BS 4 or 5 model by the icarus or quad gun, you'll hit those flyers on a 2 or 3+. rolling to hit's the hard part; penetrating them is easy, as flyers are mostly all AV 10 with a few AV 11 in there. and they all have only 2, maybe the odd 3 hull points so they drop fast unless he passes his jink save.

the nice thing is so far, i'd say the aegis line isnt game breaking at all; it helps a little, but doesnt make you have an unfair advantage. and for anything not sporting a 3+ save or an invul, its a no brainer to take one.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:14 pm

List seems fine. Less heavy support units then alot of regular lists.

If your scared of facing a couple lemans and exorcists.. 6th isnt going to be much fun for you.. This is one of the tamer lists weve seen.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Great looking list.

Would love to play it.

Ignore the hater(s?).

You might want to think about how you would deal with a flyer. Then you might want to think about how you would deal with 6.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:40 am

Seems Cool, maybe a bit parking lot heavy...

From the games I have observed so far in 6th, a squadron is still a problem. Your Lemon Russ will be forced to stay close to each other, and they will have to focus fire their guns (1 russ is enough imho per shooting action).

I would remove 1 Russ and the chimera for a Vendetta (good AA, and it transports the Vets + psyker), and then I think you still have 40 extra points or so to spend on a few extra sisters or something.

EDIT:: Actually You get back like 95 extra points (180 Russ + 55 Chimera - 140 vendetta i think? = 95), that could buy alot, like to bump the seraphim to larger squad size.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:06 am

Now... who wants to face a MSU Night Scythes and 3 Doom Scythe List (plus Imotekh on foot in the back corner so you don't lose on turn 1 due to no things on the board). At 1750, it's nearly 9 flyers, 3 with death rays, all with tesla destructors... all flying and alpha striking anything that can hurt them.

You guys are lucky that I hate painting that kit. The flying circus list *is* ridiculous.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:58 am

everything is so much faster in 6th. A lot of armies will have a meltagun up in those grills by turn 2, and then your left with sisters... who has ever been afraid of sisters and guardsmen?

Joking aside. Power Creep is an issue with codecies and Editions of most games. I suggest playing a few games before completely writing a portion of the game off Mathew. Its definitely different, but i don't see it as entirely overpowered.

Generally, aside from a few specific (and expensive) builds i personally considered both sisters and guard to be easy wins in 5th edition. If combined they pose a credible threat, I'm eager to see it and play against it.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 am

With Vehicle Squadrons...

3 BS4 meltaguns should earn you a pen and a glance or bounce against AV14... which will... supress or destroy only 1 tank. Even with two pens, you're still only likely to pop a single tank, as all the pens would be applied to the closest tank until it's destroyed.

(same reason why 1 Killa Kan is sooper bad now, but 3 killa kanz are almost as effective as they were in 5th, as you can't suppress them effectively, same would hold true for War Walkers and Sentinals, big squadrons means the closest one takes the punishment until death, probably by hullpoints)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Well, what happened in my last game, was that my chosen fired off their melta guns at a leman russ squad.

I got 1 glance 1 pen. the 1st russ had only 1HP left so I applied the glance, the second one I rolled and got a 4(+2 cuz melta AP1) and it exploded.

Now I guess that's not super regular, but I think squadrons are best left for things like kans and walkers, not Russ'es

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

If it only had 1HP left, you must've shot something else reasonably beefy to get the 3 glances to take 3HP off first.

Was that a previous turns shooting? If you think about it, that Russ got one more turn shooting that it would've in the previous edition, and the other russ would've also likely been suppressed or had it's main weapon blown off.

Completely different mechanic now. I see what you're saying though.

For Kevin's list, I still think it's great, 'cause he only gets 1 Heavy FoC slot from his allies selection.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:16 pm

*Russ somehow only appear to have 3 HP in the Big Book

and I think I took off those others with my swooping lord of change, one on breath of chaos, one on gaze of death, bolt of change missed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:27 pm

I could add a vendetta and take one LR out. But I think my list would look like this

1500 Pts - Sisters of Battle Roster

1 Saint Celestine, 115 pts

9 Battle Sister Squad, 195 pts (Meltagun x1; Multi-melta)

9 Battle Sister Squad, 195 pts (Meltagun x1; Multi-melta)

1 Vendetta Gunship Squadron [Guard], 130 pts
1 Vendetta [Guard]
1 Primaris Psyker [Guard], 70 pts
9 Veteran Squad [Guard], 125 pts (Demolition Charge; Melta Bombs; Flamer x1; Meltagun x2; Demolitions)
1 Veteran Sergeant [Guard] (Melta Bombs)

1 Leman Russ Squadron [Guard], 195 pts
1 Leman Russ Battle Tank [Guard] (Lascannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons x2; Pintle Heavy Stubber)

5 Dominion Squad, 183 pts (Meltagun x2)
1 Dominion Superior (Plasma Pistol x1)
1 Immolator (Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer)

Total Roster Cost: 1498

Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Now... who wants to face a MSU Night Scythes and 3 Doom Scythe List (plus Imotekh on foot in the back corner so you don't lose on turn 1 due to no things on the board). At 1750, it's nearly 9 flyers, 3 with death rays, all with tesla destructors... all flying and alpha striking anything that can hurt them.

You guys are lucky that I hate painting that kit. The flying circus list *is* ridiculous.

A drop pod army says hello.

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:36 pm

I find the Scythes super easy to paint, compared to the Arks, Barges, and Stalker. Of note, though, is that the Flying Circus list only has 3 units to deal with Land Raiders or Monoliths. I like the concept, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down