Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible basic tourney setup

+9
Commander James of the Ul
Daemonkin
dusktiger
Planes
Rhaevyn
System Commander
Matthew G
gluvzer
Roland
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Possible basic tourney setup - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible basic tourney setup

Post  Daemonkin Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 am

Someone design the font and we shall name it sarcasrtica, and as for the tourney set up I say we should all let our little qualm go, as it has been said we are in a new edition and we all have some things to get used to, and the first few tourneys are mostly gonna be test runs till we find a format that will allow us to both have a good time and curb stomp each other, and on a final note it is the 41st millenium allies happen.

And if this came off as pissy or a little douchy I apoligize.
Daemonkin
Daemonkin
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 am

I would have to agree in saying lets give things a try before banning them.

If someone needs to place a fort and has no room to do so, then ask the Tournament Organizer nicely if you could budge something over. OR maybe you will not be able to deploy it exactly where you wanted?

We are accustomed to Traffic Jam lists (like 3xRaider RUSH). Sometimes there is not just enough space on a battlefield as you wanted and things get stuck in where you did not want them. If your fort end up in the back corner of your deployment zone, then consider picking a smaller and more versatile one next time.

EDIT:: As for allies, I was 100% against it when I first heard, but then I read Da Rulz and I actually think the ally chart is pretty good. If your combo is too cheezy, then there is a 1 in 6 chance for every squad on the table to do nothing for its turn. If you are battle brothers, then you arnt breaking the fluff too hard and everything actually looks all right. And if your Tyranids, go home cuz no1 wants to play with you!

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 pm

dusktiger wrote:
gluvzer wrote:
dusktiger wrote:
as for allies and beardy lists, it falls down to one of beau's rules in every tournament; douchebaggery will get you kicked out of the tournament. so anyone who brings a shitty combination of allies wont even see the first round. so rest easy Matt, beardy lists @ beau-naments wont happen Smile

Are you kidding? I sincerely hope this is a joke.. Who's to say what's 'beardy'? 6th has been out for a month now.

no, i always say super serious things on the internets with a smiley face on the end of the sentence, cause that's how i roll Smile

and in case you read this before you have your coffee, yes, that was sarcasm. come on man; i even threw in a silly made up word like beau-naments. how could you take it seriously after hearing that?

Ahhh I get it now, so after GH was given a hard time about ribbing on Matt you decided to do it as well by telling him with "sarcasm" . I don't drink coffee, no need to assume.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm

canadin wrote:

EDIT:: As for allies, I was 100% against it when I first heard, but then I read Da Rulz and I actually think the ally chart is pretty good. If your combo is too cheezy, then there is a 1 in 6 chance for every squad on the table to do nothing for its turn. If you are battle brothers, then you arnt breaking the fluff too hard and everything actually looks all right.

I guess we have different definitions of "cheezy" canadin. most of us are worried about combinations that are overly effective on the field. Not whether the fluff has dictated where they fall on the allies chart. Most of the beardy or perhaps better classified as "strong" combinations occur when two armies are battle brothers. Say Epidimus The Tallyman + nurgle marked CSM/plague-marines for example.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm

This is kinda being done to death.

Yes there is the potential for abuse. Just like with 5th and mech-spam or wound allocation.

My reasons for possibly omitting allies has more to do with back-checking list and TO than anything being "broken". In addition having to take a second HQ(for the allied faction) @ 1500 is somewhat limiting as well.

If Forts are gonna be allowed, it will go were it fits. I'm gonna take a wild guess 90% of forts will be bastions or defense lines. A Bastion is 8x8, and will likely find a spot, and an aegis line can be deployed anywhere. If you bring a skyshield or a fortress, you'll be more limited it where you could deploy it.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:03 pm

maybe we should just italicize or underline our sarcastic fonts so its easier?
cause, ya know, life's so hard on the internet.

or something. i dunno. im at work and bored. blah.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Possible basic tourney setup - Page 2 Empty re possible tourney

Post  Commander James of the Ul Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:23 pm

I personally wouldn't have an issue with forts or allies. As said before some of the more powerful forts would have limitations in deployment, but also there point cost in your list. Risk placing it in a bad location and your out on the value of the fort and the points spent.
And Allies have limitations as well. Yes Space Wolves cavalry, and a fateweaver would be super chessy, but a pimped out unit of cavalry wolves is over a thousand points. Then the fateweaver is around three hundred I think. Doesn't leave you with very many points to fill up four troops and some miscellaneous.
My point is that we should all give it a try. Last weekend I had my first 6th battle. And mike showed up with some IA chesse. At first thoughts I though that I would be steamed rolled. But In the end I very narrowly pulled out the win when my last troop making 8 armour saves. I tried it out and we both had a blast. Yes there were mistakes. I forgot I had fortatude, And some of the combats were done wrong. But It was still great fun.
Personally I would go in a tourney till after the new year. I that way I have lots of time to catch up on the new rules.

ps I was going to put a smily face in but I was worried that people would get offended.

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Im offended you didnt put a smiley face in.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:41 am

dusktiger wrote:maybe we should just italicize or underline our sarcastic fonts so its easier?
cause, ya know, life's so hard on the internet.

or something. i dunno. im at work and bored. blah.

Hey! Now you have sarcasm working for you! Way to go! You did it right there, because life is NOT hard on the internet. It allows unfunny people all over the world an outlet! Smile

System Commander wrote:Im offended you didnt put a smiley face in.

I usually find most of his posts offensive in some way with or without a smiley face Smile
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 am

James has hit upon the key to Allies, at least to me. Yes you can take a Psyfleman, or TW Cav or....whatever. But its the points for that PLUS the HQ PLUS the troop choice. The later makes it much harder. This is probably a pretty good restriction for 2xFOC as well, REQUIRING you to play 2 HQ and 4 troops, minimum. (And as I understand it, your allies DON'T count toward those.)

To me, the BEST/CHEESIEST/BEARDIEST allies are the ones where you get something for nothing basically. Belail is 130 points (cheaper than a termie capt) and a DW squad is usually as cheap or close to a standard termie squad. Why WOULDN'T you want them scoring? Similar situation for GK Libbys and GK Termies.

This gets racheted up a notch when the allies fill a void within the prime list, and rather well. For example, Eldar psykers and Banshees in a Tau list.

All of the above is my $0.02 which is only worth about $0.0195 CAD.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Possible basic tourney setup - Page 2 Empty re tourney

Post  Commander James of the Ul Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

okay I'm good know...

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:20 am

Commander James of the Ul wrote: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

okay I'm good know...

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. However, I am aware where it's directed. It is wit? I don't even know what "I'm good know" could possibly mean. Maybe you should've thrown in some comments about "MILIENS OF DOLLORS" or "MI COMBINE IS WIRTH MOOR MONEY THEN YOUL EVAR CEE" and some of us will be more able to understand.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:49 pm

lawl

and the man's so cheap with his money too, its rediculous
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Possible basic tourney setup - Page 2 Empty re tourney

Post  Commander James of the Ul Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:56 pm

gluvzer wrote:
Commander James of the Ul wrote: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

okay I'm good know...

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. However, I am aware where it's directed. It is wit? I don't even know what "I'm good know" could possibly mean. Maybe you should've thrown in some comments about "MILIENS OF DOLLORS" or "MI COMBINE IS WIRTH MOOR MONEY THEN YOUL EVAR CEE" and some of us will be more able to understand.

Gluvzer... Yes I'm human and I made a spelling mistake. I ment Now not Know. I'm soooo sorry. Get a life ass hole...

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:10 pm

I laughed quite a bit over all the bashing/sarcasm/ attempts to justify it, welcome to hunters i guess? haha.

But for some positive contribution to the discussion i was originally against including forts. Though after reading some of the other posts if we change it so forts have to go on the table after terrain set up (or pre-set at a tourney) and consequently either not being able to pick a prime spot/ maybe not even use it at all seems fair to me (that's the risk you take by taking one in your list).

Allies from what i've seen/ experienced add alot more to the game than they take away. They add new dynamics to armies that currently lack them (CC for tau, durability to dark eldar, numbers to eldar) just to name a few. It rounds the game out until we start seeing more 6th codices and the armies become better when they're independent.

So basically i like Beau's set up and think we should give it a go. See what works, what doesn't and if i had to make one prediction it would be this: As long as everyone knows enough 6th to play with reasonable ease/speed, there should be no problems.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Commander James of the Ul wrote:

Gluvzer... Yes I'm human and I made a spelling mistake. I ment Now not Know. I'm soooo sorry. Get a life ass hole...

LOL. I'm good with the one I got thanks! Very Happy You mad? I didn't think we'd need to resort to childish name calling. To keep from further insults I'll refrain from fixing the spelling mistakes of your last post. I'll try being nicer if you try being more intelligent.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  jhare Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:01 am

I kinda like the idea mentioned above that if the building you brought doesn't fit on the table then you can't deploy it. Would add that risk/reward factor to the game. Same with a lot of the randomness (terain, objectives etc.). This seems to be a new critical factor in 6th. The unexpected / unperdictable nature of conflict. Question

Also, as this would be the first 6th edition tournament shouldn't the expectiation for everyone be that it will take a while to play out anyway? I know when games change on me it takes me a while to get back up to full smooth gaming speed. Could the tournament be structured to allow for longer games? Just a thought. Idea
jhare
jhare
Mystic

http://www.jamesedwardhare.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:14 am

There's some neat things you can do with allies. Take a farseer with runes of warding and some guardian bikes, a Nob squad (on bikes) with a warboss...

I don't think it's overly broken or anything. I guess Dark Eldar and Eldar can do some silly things....?

I say, run it :-) I'd also say, allow some forts, but no sky jigger or gi-joe play set, as they're too big to work with pre-set terrain.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:01 pm

*sigh* Ok.. I'll take out my ruler stick if it doesnt calm down.

James.. I wont tolerate calling other people asshole. If you can hop in and be a smart ass for a response Ryan poised to Mike.. Which ill remind everyone i misinterpreted to.. Then you have to play nice.

Ive only to ban one person since this forum's been up.. no one wants to be number 2.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Gain Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:42 pm

I think it should be tried before things get taken out.

Not to many people are going to show up with fortifications this early anyways. In a year or half a years time people might have incorporated them into there army's more.

Think of it as razor spam last edition, it was brought up in a lot of arguments but no one here actually played it.
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Duel-Con's format:

http://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/dulecon/duel-con-40k-championships/

Some of it wouldn't be applicable for us, but it looks not too bad. (I wouldn't ask players to bring 3+2 objective markers, but maybe that's a good idea??)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Lore Weaver wrote: (I wouldn't ask players to bring 3+2 objective markers, but maybe that's a good idea??)

If you do, you should give bonus points for people who do. Or add into painting if you want them modelled.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2