Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

games day interview with jervis, kelly, cruddace about 6th edition

+2
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

games day interview with jervis, kelly, cruddace about 6th edition - Page 2 Empty Re: games day interview with jervis, kelly, cruddace about 6th edition

Post  Planes Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:48 pm

The only time I could see someone snaking out like that would be if the player wanted to keep the bulk of the unit inside of good cover (a fortified ruin, for example).

As for coherency, from what I have heard, and a quick read through of the BRB (pages 3, 11, and 98 holding the relevant entries), there is actually very little penalty for broken cohesion, just that the unit must try to move back into cohesion as quick as it can. I don't see any mention that you can't shoot any more, though I could see several charges being denied by virtue of the fact that they would not be considered moving closer together. At best, I would see this locking an enemy squad in one general area for a round. That could be all you need to set up a charge some times, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

games day interview with jervis, kelly, cruddace about 6th edition - Page 2 Empty Re: games day interview with jervis, kelly, cruddace about 6th edition

Post  Roland Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:26 am

Dont know how we missed this one.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?346750-A-Few-6th-Ed-Questions-Answered-At-The-GW-Design-Studio-Open-Day

"The Character trait for a troop type is only applicable if that model is leading a unit. I specifically asked about the SW's Wolf Guard rulebook entry at the back and the official line was that you cannot have a unit of characters, only the leading model is considered to have that trait. So in the case of Wolf Guard, they are only a character when used as a Pack Leader, but this restriction applies to any unit with the (Ch) suffix in the rulebook. (I have no idea why GK Paladins are listed as characters, I didn't think to ask at the time.)"

Fairly major. Their seems to be a lot of confusion on this one. (Why are Paladins characters then?!) Would go a long way in balance terms tho.

Also a very telling quote:

"Simon Grant (with Jervis Johnson sat next to him) stated that while his team and other internal GW staff are extremely limited by corporate policy when it comes to updating existing GW units, Forgeworld are not so much when it comes to theirs. "...[Forgeworld] are allowed to bend the rules but we are not." were his exact words, which would explain the lack of AA/skyfire FAQ/rules for the Tau Skyray, for example, but Forgeworld's own units have updated FAQs (like the Eldar Firestorm). Simon then went on to say that his team have been giving a big push to codex development recently, to the point where a lot are almost ready to go ("We have books that we have read but you guys haven't seen yet" were his exact words) and should start to be released "very soon" with more releases every 2-3 months thereafter. So there's hope for us IVth edition codex players yet!"

So the "FAQ update problem" is actually a corporate policy, most likely to make the customer buy a new codex, rather than a concise FAQ that updates their army.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2