Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th Ed new USR thought

2 posters

Go down

6th Ed new USR thought Empty 6th Ed new USR thought

Post  Planes Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:43 pm

I am noticing that a lot of Universal Special Rules now include a caveat of "A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule...", and I think I've only come across one instance of Independent Characters being explicitly not counting for this, does that mean some of these new rules are aura style?

A Space Marine Chapter Master is a notable Monster Hunter, so he joins up with a Devastator squad to go hunting Carnifexes?

A Commissar whom has mastered Infiltration guides a squad of Catachan through the jungle to get the jump on some cultists?

A Destroyer Lord whom loathes all life demands nothing less from his court of Wraiths?

Given the cinematic feel that GW says they are shooting for now, this sounds plausible to me. The wording also strikes me as odd, if it is not intended to work this way, as most squads that I am aware of are composed of multiples of the same type of model, or several models all possessing the same key words.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

6th Ed new USR thought Empty Re: 6th Ed new USR thought

Post  Deadlytoaster Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:16 pm

The way i see/read it the rules that state "as long as one model in the unit has it, the unit has it". (under independent character it specifically mentions that stubborn is conferred to the unit as stated in the stubborn rule) looking at how its worded its the same as the monster hunter and a few others so yes, i think your analysis is correct.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down