Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my world of fluff

+5
Planes
System Commander
dusktiger
Rhaevyn
Dom.0
9 posters

Go down

my world of fluff Empty my world of fluff

Post  Dom.0 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 pm

so in my sapre time i do a s*** load of "fuff buliding" you could say. some of this fluff was anew and imroved ranking sytem for the IG.
the rank sytem i will probly post when i get home right now im at school with nutting to do and killing time i aslo devloped what jr officers control

Jr Lt- regamental suport divions RSD (elites and Vets)
Lt- 3rd platoon
Sr Lt- 2nd platoon
Captins- 1st platoon
Major/Comander- one compony
Col- 3 componys (one regament) Plus all RSD
Genral- 3 regamnets
feild marshal- one army (9 regaments)

Last edited by Dom.0 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

my world of fluff Empty Re: my world of fluff

Post  Dom.0 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:50 pm

ok so hears my full improved rank sytem

enlisted
Pvt.
PSC. (pvt 2nd class)
PFC. (pvt 1st class)
Corp
NCO
Lance Corp
Sgt [VVV]
Platoon sgt
Top sgt
Frist sgt
Officer
Jr. Lt
Lt
Sr. Lt
Captain
Major
Commander
Col
General
Field marshal

Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 pm

more time memorizing rulebooks, less time re-creating non-rule specific content!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 pm

not to mention wasting time renaming all your squad leaders like that will just screw you and other people up when it comes to figuring out who's what in the codex. a sergeant is a sergeant. a commander is a commander. a guardsman is a guardsman. that's all you need to know.

and its not a machete. its not a parang. is not a bowie knife. its not "my little friend." its a Close Combat Weapon.

point being; stop renaming shit in your codex, and learn what's in it.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Geez guys.. Take it easy. Dom's expressing some creative license because he enjoys doing it..

I hate having to repeat this over and over.. But if you dont want to read his posts then dont.. .. just dont be jerks here.

Last edited by System Commander on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:05 am

I'm fine with renaming things, I have a few individuals named in my army (I'm sure you've all met Gary), but it should be noted that such an expansive reworking of the naming of your units can cause confusion for both players, and make the Codex harder to use. For personnal use, by all means use this system, but for when you are fielding them I would recommend simply naming your Sgts and such.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:53 am

I didnt get that Dom was going to be using these in game.. I took it as a "writing up some fluff for what he thinks ranks should be".

If he starts using them in games, we''ll tell him to straighten out then..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 am

that's why i give him a hard time about it, robyn; i've looked at his army lists, including the ones he's sent to beau for previous tournaments, and he's renamed CCWs and the names and ranks of his models to suit his fluff. ergo why i stated he's confusing people when he does that. i know im coming off as callous saying it, but it's better to encourage him to use the proper names and terminology for his codex' wargear rather than renaming things for the sake of renaming them. i know there's people here that have never ever picked up the guard codex, so to rename stuff can seriously confuse them because they could think that's an actual wargear entry in the codex.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:13 am

Fair enough.. Dom.. Just remember to keep your fluff in the fluff zone.. And not on confusing army lists.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:26 am

However, I want everyone to notice that Dom's "spelling mistakes" / "words" ratio went *way down* :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:37 pm

of corse i keep my fluf in the fluf zone id confese myself if I a had a top sgt leading one squad and a frist sgt leading a seconed. oh yea when i put down vox corpral well it explans its self plus its quicker to wright then guards man with a voxcaster. and the same gos for when i wright down grenadier quicker then wrighting down guards man with a grenade lancher. Besides if you have truble figering out what im say when i use thes to titles. well ikd something wrong up ther cuse ever one else i show it to can figger it out in a instanet. and yes i am useing proper teramanoalgy not the one all 40k plays use but defenatly one that more millatery minded players use. genaders are simply solders with a genade lancher iv always listed acual wargear and i wont go into my use of vox corpral cuz we all know vox it short for vox caster. and corpral is a well known rank. AND I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER RE NAMED ANY OF MY RANKS IN THE LIST OR UNIT NAMES WHEN I MADE MY VAERY FRIST LIST YOU GUYS SET ME ON THE RIGHT PATH I HAVE CALLED MY PLATOON COMADERS LUTENITS BUT MOST PEOPLE KNOW THE LUTENITS ARE JR OFFICERS THE CODEX SAYS PLATOON COMANDS ARE RAN BY A JR OFFICER. NOW DONT YOU EVER SAY BULLSHIT LIKE THAT AGIN.

and name three diferent war gear that you think are fluf iv added
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Mike.. Youve made Dom angry.. You wont like him when hes angry.

K.. Lets keep it civil though if this is going to be discussed some more.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Dom: I get your ranks. A few don't make sense to me, but hey it's all yours. It's YOUR hobby, do what you want with it. I personally feel you would be better off learning your codex more, but whatever makes you happy man.

Mike: Other than the first list Dom posted, I have not seen him rename anything. When he has been in tourney, I've usually gotten a AB copy of a list.

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Dom.0 wrote:of corse i keep my fluf in the fluf zone id confese myself if I a had a top sgt leading one squad and a frist sgt leading a seconed. oh yea when i put down vox corpral well it explans its self plus its quicker to wright then guards man with a voxcaster. and the same gos for when i wright down grenadier quicker then wrighting down guards man with a grenade lancher. Besides if you have truble figering out what im say when i use thes to titles. well ikd something wrong up ther cuse ever one else i show it to can figger it out in a instanet. and yes i am useing proper teramanoalgy not the one all 40k plays use but defenatly one that more millatery minded players use. genaders are simply solders with a genade lancher iv always listed acual wargear and i wont go into my use of vox corpral cuz we all know vox it short for vox caster. and corpral is a well known rank. AND I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER RE NAMED ANY OF MY RANKS IN THE LIST OR UNIT NAMES WHEN I MADE MY VAERY FRIST LIST YOU GUYS SET ME ON THE RIGHT PATH I HAVE CALLED MY PLATOON COMADERS LUTENITS BUT MOST PEOPLE KNOW THE LUTENITS ARE JR OFFICERS THE CODEX SAYS PLATOON COMANDS ARE RAN BY A JR OFFICER. NOW DONT YOU EVER SAY BULLSHIT LIKE THAT AGIN.

Lore Weaver wrote:However, I want everyone to notice that Dom's "spelling mistakes" / "words" ratio went *way down* :-)

LOLZ!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:06 pm

The edumacational system has failed you in so many ways.

/mourn
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Dom.0 wrote:of corse i keep my fluf in the fluf zone id confese myself if I a had a top sgt leading one squad and a frist sgt leading a seconed. oh yea when i put down vox corpral well it explans its self plus its quicker to wright then guards man with a voxcaster. and the same gos for when i wright down grenadier quicker then wrighting down guards man with a grenade lancher. Besides if you have truble figering out what im say when i use thes to titles. well ikd something wrong up ther cuse ever one else i show it to can figger it out in a instanet. and yes i am useing proper teramanoalgy not the one all 40k plays use but defenatly one that more millatery minded players use. genaders are simply solders with a genade lancher iv always listed acual wargear and i wont go into my use of vox corpral cuz we all know vox it short for vox caster. and corpral is a well known rank. AND I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER RE NAMED ANY OF MY RANKS IN THE LIST OR UNIT NAMES WHEN I MADE MY VAERY FRIST LIST YOU GUYS SET ME ON THE RIGHT PATH I HAVE CALLED MY PLATOON COMADERS LUTENITS BUT MOST PEOPLE KNOW THE LUTENITS ARE JR OFFICERS THE CODEX SAYS PLATOON COMANDS ARE RAN BY A JR OFFICER. NOW DONT YOU EVER SAY BULLSHIT LIKE THAT AGIN.

and name three diferent war gear that you think are fluf iv added

I love this post anyway! Good for you Dom.0! And besides, why is dusktiger reading Dom's lists that he sends to Beau anyway?
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:13 am

Quick, deploy the distraction quote!

System Commander wrote:... looks like a big ol steel dink. I have a hard time looking at anything else ...
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:19 am

Hehe..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 am

gluvzer wrote:
I love this post anyway! Good for you Dom.0! And besides, why is dusk reading Dom's lists that he sends to Beau anyway?

2 reasons. first, the list(s) i've seen were initially posted on the forum instead of pm or email. second, when you help organize tournaments to get some of the workload off beau, it means you see some of the submitted lists. i've also helped dom try to re-word some of his non-ArmyBuilder compiled lists before.

dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:58 pm

iv only ever posted one list on the from. i think i should dubble check that.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:01 pm

yea ive only posted one
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:20 pm

It does bother me when Dom gives wrong advice or answers questions wrong about his codex. I do believe he needs to learn the codex and army better before posting advice. But come on, I went and read Dom's one list he posted on this forum, there was absolutely no difficulty figuring out what everything was. The guy likes his fluff, his post did not warrant such a hostile response.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 pm

thank you, and keep in mind that the fluf was part of the reson, why people start the hobby.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down