Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escalation Tournament Sat June 23rd

+7
Planes
Termagant
Dom.0
dusktiger
Rhaevyn
Lore Weaver
Roland
11 posters

Go down

Escalation Tournament Sat June 23rd Empty Escalation Tournament Sat June 23rd

Post  Roland Sun May 06, 2012 11:46 pm

JUNE 2012 ESCALTION TOURNAMENT
$10 entry fee
OVERVIEW
• Over the course of the day you will play a total of 3 games, over three rounds. Each round you will play a different player, in a different scenario, preferably at a different table.
MODELS/PAINTING
• All models should be WYSIWYG, and be painted to tournament standard (3 colour minimum and (at minimum) a painted base. You can bring a non-painted army if you wish, but be prepared to be penalized heavily in scoring.
• “Counts-as” armies are fine, as long as units are readily identifiable as the unit they are intended to represent.
RULES
• The tournament will begin on Saturday, June 23rd at 10:00 AM at Dragon’s Den.
• There will be a limited number of slots. (around 12-16) $10 entry fee.
• Armies will consist of 1000/1500/2000 points using the standard force organization chart. You may ADD to you force, but may not change existing gear. (In the first game you have a 5 man tact squad, and the sgt has a power fist. In the second you can increase the squad to 10 men and add a meltagun and multi-melta, but the sgt’s gear cannot change.)
• Forge World/Imperial Armour units and rules may be used (so you can play a Renegades and Heretics army, or use a Repressor in your SoB, for example), provided an appropriate model is used (i.e. either an actual FW model, or a suitable conversion). You will also need to bring any pertinent rulebooks.
• All GW FAQ’s apply.
• Special/Unique/Named characters may be used.
• Please try to provide your own rulebook, codex, dice, templates, pen/pencil, calculator, laptop, or whatever you feel you need during the course of play. Spares may or may not be available.
Please provide an army list to the judges beforehand (at least a week prior to the tournament). All players are responsible for providing 2 army lists (at each point level), one for themselves and one for their opponents.
• In order for the tournament to keep on schedule, all players should drop their dice and stop playing when time is called- no exceptions. Please be aware of the time you have left and do not start a round you cannot finish. A warning will be provided at 15 and 5 minutes remaining. NO game turn should be started after the first warning period.
• Any illegal units/rules violations/general douche-bagginess will result in punishment up to and including the following:
o Removal of offending models or units.
o Removal of offending shirt or articles of clothing.
o Removal of offending douche bags.
SCORING
• Battle points (50%): 60 total points per player. 20 points per game.
• Sportsmanship (25%): 30 total points, 10 points per game, player scored.
• Appearance/Painting (25%): 40 total points for painting, scaled to 30 points. Judge scored
• Total possible points: 120
BATTLE POINTS
• Battle points will be awarded on the following scale: please see the mission list for particulars.
SPORTSMANSHIP
• Each round, each player will evaluate their opposing team on a 1-10 scale using the provided checklist on their score sheet.
APPEARANCE/PAINTING
• During play, each player’s army will be judged according to the checklist by event staff.
AWARDS
• The following awards are planned:
o Best Overall: Total Points. Battle Points then Sportsmanship then Appearance for ties.
o Best General: Battle Points
o Best Painted: Appearance Points.
o Best Sports: Highest Sportsmanship
• There may be additional door prizes as well.
SCHEDULE
10:00-10:15 setup
10:15-10:30 round 1 setup (get to table, roll-offs, deployment, etc.)
10:30-12:00 round 1-1000pt (1.5 hrs.)
12:00-12:15 round 2 set-up
12:15-2:15 round 2-1500pt (2 hrs.)
2:15-2:45 --lunch intermission—
2:45-3:00 round 3 set-up
3:00-5:30 round 3-2000pt (2 .5 hrs.)
5:30-6:00 give out prizes; clean up; leave

General Mission Rules
Primary / Secondary Tertiary Goals
• The entire tournament contains three Goals
• These Goals are in play in every round
• For each round, one Goal will be Primary, one Goal will be Secondary, and one Goal will be Tertiary
• The Primary is the Win Condition (17 pts for winner/3 for the loser)
• The Secondary is the 1st tiebreaker (13/7)
• The Tertiary is the 2nd tiebreaker (11/9)
• If required, simple Victory Points represent the fourth and final tiebreaker (8/Cool
• With regard to VEHICLE SQUADRONS, count each vehicle as separate for purposes of Victory Points

Game Length
• All games are played with random game length, as normal.
• At the end of game turn 5, roll a d6: on a 1-2, the game ends; on a 3-6, play a full 6th turn
• At the end of game turn 6, roll a d6: on a 1-3, the game ends; on a 4-6, play a full 6th turn
• Do not begin a new game turn of any kind if there are less than 20 minutes remaining in the round; if you begin a new game turn in spite of this, keep in mind that time may be called without both participants getting the chance to complete their player turn
• We will announce time periodically
• When the game does end, use the Winner Determination description below

Winner Determination
• When the game ends, do the following:
• Check the status of the Primary Goal; if one person is winning it, that person wins the game; if it is a tie at the end of the game, then ...
• Check the status of the Secondary Goal; if one person is winning it, that person wins the game; if it is a tie at the end of the game, then …
• Check the status of the Tertiary Goal; if one person is winning it, that person wins the game; if it is a tie at the end of the game, then …
• The winner is determined by a simple VP advantage (meaning you could win by 0.5VP)
• READ SCORING REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY

Scoring
• At the end of the game, record your score for Goals 1, 2, and 3, and fill the results in on the score sheet in this packet corresponding to the appropriate round!
• If you do not record your score for Goals 2 and 3, you will be credited as scoring a “0” for that entry.

Tabling Your Opponent
• If you eliminate all of your opponent’s units prior to the end of the game, continue to play! When the actual game ends, tallying up the score at the end as if your opponent were still on the board.

Kill Points (Goal #1)
• In order to win this goal, one opponent must outscore the other by 3 or more KP; if the difference in KP scored is 2 or fewer, this goal is tied
• KP are scored exactly as in the standard rules for Warhammer 40,000
Objectives (Goal #2)
• Before any dice are rolled, place 4 objectives (40mm each) in every board quarter, 18” from the closest short edge, and 12” from the closest long edge (4 objectives, each centered in one of the board’s quarters)
• Place a 5th objective (40mm) in the exact center of the board
• In order to hold an objective, a SCORING unit must be within 3” of its edge
• If an enemy unit is also within 3” of its edge, an objective is CONTESTED, and neither side controls it
• When determining if an objective is held or contested, ignore all terrain/model heights
• The opponent holding the most objectives at the end of the game wins this goal; if an equal # are held, this goal is tied
Table Quarters (Goal #3)
• A quarter is captured when you hold a VP preponderance in it at the end of the game
• Units count for VP exactly as they are scored in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (Pg 300, BRB)
• SCORING units count as worth their full VP value regardless of damage sustained
• If a unit is partially in multiple quarters, it is considered in whatever quarter contains a majority of the unit; if no quarter contains a majority, randomly determine which quarter it is in
• If a single model unit straddles quarters, randomize which quarter that model is in
• The opponent controlling the largest number of table quarters at the end of the game wins this goal; if each opponent controls the same number of table quarters, this goal is tied

Mission Special Rules
• Infiltrate, Reserves, Deep Strike, Scouts/Outflank (p. 94 WH40k rulebook)
• You may Seize the Initiative (p. 92 WH40k rulebook)

MISSIONS
Round 1 – 1000 pt list.
Seize Ground
Goal Priorities
• The “Primary” Goal and win condition for is “Objectives” (#2)
• The “Secondary” Goal and first tiebreaker is “Kill Points” (#1)
• The “Tertiary” Goal and second tiebreaker is “Table Quarters” (#3)
Deployment
• Pitched Battle (see Warhammer Rulebook page 93 for details)

Round 2 – 1500pts
Battlefield Control
Goal Priorities
• The “Primary” Goal and win condition for is “Table Quarters” (#3)
• The “Secondary” Goal and first tiebreaker is “Objectives” (#2)
• The “Tertiary” Goal and second tiebreaker is “Kill Points” (#1)

Deployment
• Spearhead (see Warhammer Rulebook page 93 for details)

Round 3 – 2000pts
Annihilation
Goal Priorities
• The “Primary” Goal and win condition is “Kill Points” (#1)
• The “Secondary” Goal and first tiebreaker is “Table Quarters” (#3)
• The “Tertiary” Goal and second tiebreaker is “Objectives” (#2)

Deployment
• Dawn of War, modified. Each player MUST place 1HQ and 2 Troops choices. (see Warhammer Rulebook page 92 for details)

Last edited by Roland on Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added entry fee and mission details)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Escalation Tournament Sat June 23rd Empty Re: Escalation Tournament Sat June 23rd

Post  Roland Mon May 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Bump. Entry fee and missions added.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Escalation Tournament Sat June 23rd Empty Re: Escalation Tournament Sat June 23rd

Post  Lore Weaver Mon May 14, 2012 3:52 pm

I gave mah monies to the tourney gods.

Also, for the required deployment on the 3rd mission, I was goofing with my list, then it dawned on my, if all I had was a surfboard lord, I wouldn't be able to fulfill the "Deploy 1 and only 1 HQ" requirement, as I wouldn't be able to deploy him without his ride, and deploying him and his ride counts as 2 deployments. (As Warriors in a Ghost Ark would satisfy the 2 Troops requirement).

Maybe change it one of two ways
1) Require that 2 troops be deployed, but do not have that requirement for HQ
2) State that HQ with a dedicated transport counts as a single deployment
(???)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon May 14, 2012 4:10 pm

I'd likely go with the later, as (to my knowledge) Overlords are the only HQ choices (baring retinues) that can take a DT. It's not a very elegant way of doing it (one DT transport counts, the other doesnt).

Lemme mull this over.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 pm

It likely won't effect me, I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with the 2 Destroyer Lord list.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue May 15, 2012 12:51 am

Is a CSM aspiring champion considered an upgrade?

Say if i had a unit of 10 CSM /w two meltas and a rhino in round one. could i upgrade that unit to have a champ /w a fist in round two? upgrading one of the duders to a champ?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 15, 2012 8:49 am

Yup, that'd work. What you CAN'T do is drop the PF/Asp Champ staus in round 3.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat May 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Paid so far:
Horseman
Matt G.
Ben
Jesse/judchic

Lists so far:
Tom/Planes
Dom
Adam
lil' herc
Alex

Have said they will likely be in tournament:
Scott
Robyn out
Justicar Jerome out

anyone else, please let me know. I'd like to make sure we'll have enough ppl and how many tables to prep.

Last edited by Roland on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:57 am; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated as of 6-22)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Bump.
Please see above.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:30 pm

i'll have to bow out, be stuck doing preparations for the wedding so the best i can do is stop by for a few minutes
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:55 am

ill take his place
and i asume for simplisity welll be useing the 5th addishon rules
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 am

for everyone that keeps asking this; yes, the tournament is 5th. the 23rd might be the date they're advertising, but when they do youtube release dates, that's usually the day something new is available to order off their site and be shipped, not the day it's in stores. so the boook might not even be there on the 23rd to buy.

besides, i doubt beau wants to read up an entire edition of rules 10 minutes before a tournament to know if your doing it wrong Razz
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:27 pm

I will probably be joining.

Hopefully I can get that many Orks painted in 2 weeks. Right now I have about 20% of the army done

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:27 pm

You can add me as a likely to be there.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 am

Have to bow out, unfortunatly.
will be in calgary or driving back during the tourney.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Well, I think I'm in. Each tier of my list has at least some level of points floating around, but at least the 2k list only has 2 points floating. List to be PM'd shortly.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm signed up now too, and list submitted

Last edited by Matthew G on Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : submitted list)
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:01 am

Signed up and list submitted!
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Is there still room for one more?
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:23 pm

I submitted a list, didja get it?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 am

Littlehurc: Sure is

Mark: yep, thought I'd replied but brain is mush....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 pm

"Each player MUST place 1HQ and 2 Troops choices" does that include daemons?
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Chaos Daemons always use their own deployment (from the codex)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:33 pm

submitted list and pulled a braindead after going to den and forgetting to sign up >.<
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:05 am

Look like we are at 10 ppl (5 tables.) I'll set up a 6th just in case.

I have everyones list except Scott's.

If anyone hasn't paid yet, please do so tomorrow before the tourney.

As always, if anyone wants Pizza/pop bring $5 cash.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down