Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necron Battleforce

+4
Planes
Roland
Timbo
Lore Weaver
8 posters

Go down

Necron Battleforce Empty Necron Battleforce

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:57 pm

Tom (planes), start saving your money!

$125 for 20 warriors, 5 immortals (or deathmarks), 5 scarabs, and a Ghost Ark (or doomsday ark) is a reasonably good deal.

Ghost ark is $60, 12 warriors w\ 3 scarabs is $42, Immortals are $40.

*all of these things are good for your 'cron army*.

Another thing that would be a good suppliment to your 'cron force is an Overlord model (the super swanky finecast one). Either that, or a Barge so you can have a surfboard lord. Surfboard Lord is, in my opinion, one of the most effective things in the Necron book.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=1400150-gws
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Necron Battleforce Empty Re: Necron Battleforce

Post  Timbo Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Immortals are $40 for 5? Seriously? $8 for a 17 point troops choice?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:12 pm

But Tim, they're BETTER now, before it was $15 for a 28 pt Elite (IIRC)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Having just traded some cards for 'Crons, one of the first things I was going to try to do was convert one of the three Destroyers I got into a Lord. I'm thinking a glass bead would make a good Rez Orb, and a Lego halbred could easily be tooled into a Warscythe. Need to figure out how to turn my other two Destroyers into Heavies, though.

If I can find what became of my Endless Waltz Gundam Deathscythe, I figure I could toss that on a base and use it as a mechanized Nightbringer Shard.

In any event, I'll probably be down at the Den tonight working on painting some of these fellows up.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Hold off on that Destroyer Lord conversion for now Tom.

My suggestion would be to focus on painting a single warrior and getting the look right.

Once you're comfortable with the 'crons you have, we can work on a list and you can face my Orks.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:36 pm

With what I have painted up right now I can field roughly 1100 points, assuming some close appearance proxies (lord --> overlord, destroyers --> lord and heavies, warriors --> immortals) and using a huge size DnD Eldritch Giant mini as a C'Tan. I ran it against Adam's Chaos last night, leaving him with only 2 models left on the board, loosing only because the Destroyer Lord didn't stand back up the 4th time (in retrospect, I should have run away and hid for that last turn instead of trying to chase down the Power Fist).

Here's the list in question. Keep in mind I am trying to only field things that at least somewhat look like the minis I currently possess.

HQ | WS | BS | S | T | W | I | A | Ld | Sv | Point Value
(180) Necron Overlord | 4 | 4 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 2 | 3 | 10 | 2+ | 90
Phaeron 20
Resurrection Orb 30
Mindshackel Scarabs 15
Warscythe 10
Sempiternal Weave 15
(40) Harbinger of Trans. | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 1 | 2 |1 | 10 | 4+ | 30
Seismic Crucible 10

(175) Dertoyer Lord | 4 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 3 | 2 | 3 | 10 | 3+ | 125
Resurrection Orb 30
Mindshackel Scarabs 20

Troops
Necron Immortals | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 10 | 3+ | 170
Tesla Carbines

Necron Immortals | 4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 10 | 3+ | 170
Gauss Blasters

Elites
(245) C'Tan Shard | 5 | 5 | 7 | 7 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 10 | 4+ | 185
Writhing Worldscape 35
Moulder of Worlds 25

Fast Attack
Heavy Destroyers x2 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 5 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 10 | 3+ | 120
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:00 pm

In my opinion, your next expenditure should be a Surfboard Lord.

Kit's $40, comes with a Lord. Don't give him an Orb, just a scythe. Then he runs over stuff and kills it. He's awesome.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:15 am

If I am lucky, I might be able to get a Battleforce for my birthday. Failing that, I took a gander at Amazon.com, and low and behold they have quite a number of Necrons over there. While I am normally one for supporting local business and all, a box of Immortals is $11 cheaper over there. Of course, should finances dramaticly improve in the near future, I'll stick with the Den for purchases, because of the provided play space and community and all.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:48 am

Tom, prolly use your inside voice for stuff like that. If you don't want to support the local business to save a few $ that's your concern. But keep it on the down low.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:23 am

Timbo wrote:Tom, prolly use your inside voice for stuff like that. If you don't want to support the local business to save a few $ that's your concern. But keep it on the down low.

quoted for truth.

do the best you can as you can. I think my best advice to you, is to not be in a huge hurry. If your finances don't allow you to field 100 different cron armies @ 2000 points this month, it'll come. its a hobby, not a race. plastic dudesmen rank on the "must have" list right around the same level of importance as upgrading your adam sandler DVD's to Blue ray in the big scheme of things.

i know that myself and a few others spend a lot of time theory listing, and bring a different army to the table every night. but those weren't built in a week, or even a year. some of us old farts have been at this a very ... very long time.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:32 am

I get the distinct feeling that anything I say at this point, even "I was just making an observation", will make me seem like an ass at this point.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:04 am

Nah, just say something like 'good point.'

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 am

Psssst, Tom, wanna know a secret?

*The Den is actually pretty close to anything you'll find online....*

I'm actually quite serious.

If you were looking @ Amazon.COM, very little there will ship to Canada, especially if its not a book.

Amazon.ca has no models, just an $80 something it says is the Codex. (Do you really wanna take the chance? These people don't even know what to call it.)

Great Canadian Minis is 30% off!.... but will charge you $17.63 to ship that Battleforce. Total: 113.54 (including tax)

The Warstore is 20% off the US price!... but will charge you $30 to ship. Total: 118.80 (iincluding duty, US, basically the same)

If you buy at the Den when they have a sale (like on tourney days) they give 20% off. No shipping. Total: $108 (including tax)

They also have a discount if you are a member of the league (ie paid the $5) but I cant remember if its 5 or 10%.
10% discount = 121.50
5% discount= 128.25

So yeah, absolute best case, you save $10-15. But if you plan out your purchases and buy on sale, big stuff like a Battleforce is WAY cheaper here. With little stuff (say an Overlord blister) it's worse. Buy what you are comfortable buying and don't be in too big a hurry. Mark hit it right on the nose.

BTW I have a Lord w. Res Orb and a metal Immortal we might be able to make a deal on.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:36 am

Yup.. what Beau said. Plus.. the more you buy from the den.. the more they like you.. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 am

System Commander wrote:Yup.. what Beau said. Plus.. the more you buy from the den.. the more they like you.. Smile

darren must love me then lol! think i have around 10,000pts between my scorpions and angels, plus the assorted necrons i bought for modelling, plus all the battlefoam i order through him.....
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 pm

One weird thing I noticed through the GW website is that if you want to order the Battleforce from Canada, it is $125, while if you order it State-side it is only $105. I was talking to some of my friends State-side about my army, and one of them mentioned that it was only $105 and linked my straight there. Canadian IP kicks in, and boom, $125.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Lower left corner of the page is a drop down menu, you can change your country there. US is about 20% cheaper. If you want to feel better about the CDN prices, set it to AUS$.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down