Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attack bikes

4 posters

Go down

Attack bikes Empty Attack bikes

Post  Gain Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:27 pm

What are your guys thoughts on them. I just bought and built one this week am i'm hoping to pick up at least one more in the near future. I was just wondering what experiences people have had with them. I personally like speeders considering they are only 20 points more for HF/MM.
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Attack bikes Empty Re: Attack bikes

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:55 pm

I like Bike Squads. I really like assault bikes.

With the Assault Bike w\ Melta, you can take one or two of them and have them be quite effective.

It really depends on the list though. I've thought about building the "all-bike" army a couple times, but never mustered the courage. I think I'd rather build the 6 Dreadnought army first :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 pm

I've seen them be very effective with a MM at removing tanks.

They tend to survive small arms fire better than speeders, with an armor save, 5 tgh and 2 wounds, and a lower profile for hiding behind cover.

iether way, however, a missile or a lascannon is going to ruin your day.

If i could field either one in my chaos, though, it would be the speeder. The speeder has better mobility options, can leave combat if it survives being charged, on top of having some better options.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:05 pm

The entire fast attack section for Marines (except assault squads) is great. Attack bikes and speeders of every description will be your primary vehicle killers. Their speed also allows them to do late-game objective contests. Excellent, flexible units. The land speeder storm is cool too, because it projects a huge threat area and forces your opponent to do stuff he doesn't want to do.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Gain Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:22 pm

I like the idea of wounds over armor. I want to play a group of two or three bikes and see how they do over the speeders I usually take.
Gain
Gain
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down