Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crypteks

3 posters

Go down

crypteks Empty crypteks

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:13 pm

whats the local thinking on 2x royal courts and having 2x crypteks able to join each squad?

the rulebook is a little fuzzy in this regard

*Each necron Overlord can also include Royal court
*Before the battle, each member of the Royal Court can split off and lead a different unit
*only one member of The royal court can join each unit in this manner
(note that the above line says court, singular)

Now, the second line one could argue says Lead which most times infer that there can be only one(insert highlander music)

Personally I'm of two minds on it. in the first case, the only heavy/special weapons available to warriors and immortals comes in the hands of the lord/cryptek that you assign to it. so it kind of makes sense that you can include up to two crypteks (lances) with each unit.

on the other hand, including 2 eldritch lances or harps of dissonance in a unit seems to be slightly twinkish to me. (assualt 36 str a8 ap2?)

5warriors+2 crypteks /w lances = 135 points?

i'll take 5 unitz. tyvm
(for that many points, i get 5 CSM /w 1 melta gun in a rhino)

I understand this could be expensive points wise, but the overlord model isnt horrible nor over-costed, and a cryptek with just a stick is just 35 points. (marine with a missile launcher is 35 points, melta gun, 25, but shorter range)

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

crypteks Empty Re: crypteks

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm playing it one per squad until the FAQ comes out.

The three crypteks and a lord squad isn't terrible either. (although, not as spammy)

I'm not sure about the harp yet. I don't know what the gimmick is. Do you combine it with S8 shooting? It's pricey too.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:37 pm

I think with the harps, you just aim that squad at whatever large AV item is on the opposing side. even if you don't destroy it in your first volley, bringing that land raider down to av 13, or hopefully 12, gives everything else in your army a much better chance of bringing it down.

You cant always hope that your opponent is going to let you charge it with scarabs.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:02 pm

5 CSM with a meltagun in a rhino with a combi-melta is 130, right? Start those two squads 24" apart and see who wins 90% of the time Wink Don't get me wrong, that is a solid way to field your Necron troops, but hardly game-breaking.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Two things I'm doing with Crypteks now, based on how people are playing it.

1) I'm playing by Beau's suggestion, all crypteks in one royal court must be un-upgraded or belong to a single school. Can't mix and match schools in the same court. This may not be how it's intended, but I think this is the most fair way to play until it's FAQ'd.

2) If you have two courts, you can have one guy from each court join one unit. So two courts with crypteks means you can have one cryptek per court join a unit. So two Elditch Lances in a squad of Warriors. I think this is completely reasonable as it requires the Necron player to take two HQ choices that allow for courts (points cost is steep enough to balance this out).
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down