Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

refurbishing models

3 posters

Go down

refurbishing models Empty refurbishing models

Post  Selik Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 pm

So, ever since I have been modeling/painting my armies, I have never been very good and the whole painting and making them look good. I think I am hopless at it, I have been painting for 7 or so years, I just do not have the nack at it. Although I have improved a little..at least I think I have. I am now looking at repainting all my models.....

I have tried to remove the old paint on a few models with not much success. does anyone have a good way to remove the old paint?
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

refurbishing models Empty Re: refurbishing models

Post  judchic Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:45 pm

simple green works wonders, let the model soak for a day or so and hit them with a toothbrush after to clean off anything. they have it at co-op hardware in squirt bottles for about 5$.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:18 pm

the squirt bottles are okay, but if you got bad painting skills and you went too thick with your paint jobs that you're stripping off, you'll want to go a little more hardcore. Before, I was using the 4L pressure washer bottles of Original Simple Green Heavy-Duty cleaner. Zero dilution. Let it soak for a week and then brush them clean under warm water.

This week I bought a 4L jug of the purple colored Simple Green Pro-HD Heady-Duty Cleaner, and i'm diluting it to a 1:2 ratio of cleaner:water. After an hour, I can already see areas that rubbed against one another when I stirred the container are starting to flake clean.

My concensus would be to buy that jug and dilute it as thus, if you want a fast, effective paint-stripping.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Selik Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:09 pm

that is good to hear that the simple green works, I already have some so I will have to give it a try
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum