Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badab War Campaign

4 posters

Go down

Badab War Campaign Empty Badab War Campaign

Post  dusktiger Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Myself, Roland, and a space wolf player named Dan (older ben, you know who im talking about), are about to begin a campaign following the guidelines in the Imperial Armour Vol 9 & 10 books for the badab war campaign.

This of course, puts us at an odd number. Since im organizing this campaign, i'm going to ask if anyone here would be interested in joining in. I only have a few rules if you want to participate as a regular campaigner;

The campaign is divided into two sides; the Loyalists, and the Secessionists. I will be playing as a Loyalist since my army is being built and painted up as Red Scorpions, and their chapter masters were the supreme commanders of the Loyalist forces. Dan is thinking of locking in as the Secessionist, and roland so far will be flipping back and forth unless we can get additional players to even the sides out.

If you wish to join in, you must use one of the following codex's: Space Marine, Blood Angel, Dark Angel, Black Templar, Space Wolf, Grey Knight, Imperial Guard, or Chaos Marine (but ZERO demons, Princes, possessed marines, defilers, etc; power armor only, nothing demonic). For those wondering about the restrictions on the Chaos Codex, this is because while later in history, the Astral Claws Chapter Master, Lugft Huron becomes Huron Blackheart and renames his chapter the Red Corsairs, that is further in the timeline, and thus only loyalist or renegade style army lists fit the narrative. There is mention they used forbidden weaponry, such as demon possessed blades, but no demons or deamon princes, or defilers were used in the civil war as they weren't fully chaos until after fleeing in defeat. So. NO Princes.

Also, this campaign is meant to be relaxed and fun. So if you're the type who treats every game he plays like a GT, you're not going to fit in. Have fun and make creative lists. Play something you normally wouldn't do cause it was crazy. Play a themed army that captures the feel of either your chapter or one of the chapters that took part in the civil war. But most of all, make your list fun to play with, and against; no gearing your list to destroy your opponent in 2 or 3 turns.

Ok, that all said, let's get to the detail of the campaign!!

the campaign is divided into 5 Phases. the first 4 are made of multiple battles, and the 5th is a single grand apocalypse game to culminate the civil war between battle brothers. Each phase has a specific set of missions that will award the side you represent a certain number of Campaign Points, or CP. Any game can be played and count for CP, but certain ones will earn more CP than others in each phase, to represent the timeline of the battles.

Phase one sees the start of marines battling marines. the following missions award the following CP:

• Special Mission: The Massacre at Bellerophon's Fall = 4 CP
  • Victory in a Boarding Action game (1000pt a side or more) = 3 CP
  • Victory in standard 40K games (1000pt a side or more) = 2 CP
  • Other Victories = 1 CP
when we total the CP up after X number of games are played, if there's a winner and not a draw in points, the following special rule will be unlocked for the rest of the campaign for the winning side:
Loyalists - +1 to all reserve rolls.
Secessionists - may re-roll deep strike scatter dice.
CP will be reset to 0 after the Phase is completed

Phase two sees the more marine chapters being brought in to fight the heresy of the secessionists. the following missions award the following CP:

• Special Mission: Betrayal At Grief = 4 CP
  • standard 40K games (2000pt a side or more) = Victory for Loyalists is 3CP, Victory for Secessionists is 2CP, Draws are 1CP for the Secessionists only.
  • Other Victories = 1 CP
when we total the CP up after X number of games are played, if there's a winner and not a draw in points, the following special rule will be unlocked for the rest of the campaign for the winning side:
Loyalists - Fast Attack Units count as Scoring Units.
Secessionists - Heavy Support Units count as Scoring Units.

Phase three, the war reaches its zenith and entire worlds are laid to waste and terrible deeds are done by both sides. the following missions award the following CP:

• Special Mission: The Murder of Sagan = 4 CP
  • Victory in an Apocalypse game (5000pt a side or more) = 3 CP
  • Victory in a Battle Missions expansion book game (2000pts a side or more) = 2 CP
  • Other Victories = 1 CP
Loyalists or Secessionists - Each Player on the winning side gains a Single Orbital Bombardment per game in addition to any they may have normally.

Phase four sees the forces of the secession being outnumbered and cornered. the following missions award the following CP:

• Special Mission: The Angstrom Incident = 4 CP
  • Victory in a Planetstrike game (2000pt a side or more) = 3 CP for secessionists, 2 CP for Loyalists, Draws are 1 CP for Loyalists Only.
  • Victory in a Boarding Action or Cities of Death game (1000pt a side or more) = 2 CP
  • Other Victories = 1 CP
Loyalists or Secessionists - Extra Apocalypse Stratagems in the final Phase, Traitors Gate.

Before the Final Phase is fought, we will review which side won the majority of the 4 Phases. if there is a majority in favor of any specific side, then they will gain a 25% bonus of point limit to their forces than the other side for the final Apocalypse game. IE, the battle is to be a 7'500pt per side battle, the majority winners get to take 9'375pts for their side.

The Final Phase is Traitor's Gate, an apocalypse match seeing each side at 7'500pts, plus additional models for certain sides. based on how well each side did during the 4 previous phases, they will be awarded certain strategic assests for this battle.

If you feel like this may interest you, let me know on the forum or in PM if you'd like to participate. we would like a 4th player for sure, and if another 2 want to join to keep the sides even and increase the ranks, that's great.

If you want to participate but dont have a marine or guard type army (ie, nids, eldar, etc etc etc), you can setup a match with one of the campaigners and your army will be one of the Forces of Ruin; groups of mercenaries, Ork Freebootas, random forces just out to make themselves a genneral pain in the a$$ of either side of the civil war. should they defeat you, they earn 1 CP.

since most of the games throughout the campaign are smaller sized, anyone that wishes to join shouldn't have any trouble amassing a force to play once of the following games outlined in the point lists. and if your army is too small for one of the bigger earning CP games, it can still earn 1CP playing smaller games.

If you want more details, please reply here; you may have a question others want answered as well
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Badab War Campaign Empty timings

Post  Selik Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 pm

What is the days you would like to play as well what time of day?

Will the games being played be at the den or someones place?

I can bring SM, CSM, IG. Although my CSM is some what a small force maxing out at around 2000pts.
Selik
Selik
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Badab War Campaign Empty Re: Badab War Campaign

Post  dusktiger Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm

the location of the games will be varied, since they dont have to be consistant, so long as those involved let me know who they played(loyaist, secessionist, random 3rd party), what game type they played as outlined in the phase, and who won. the days to be played are whenever you can arrange a match with an opposing team player. basically there wont be a time restriction on games since i'm allowing for players who may have busy schedules and are only available to play 1 day a week.

readers may note the "special mission" in each phase. i havent decided yet if i'll let people team up and each get a chance to play these, or if we'll just elect a 'champion' player to represent each side and have them play it out just once. the setup and details for the special missions look fun so if possible i'd like to let people pair up and each try them.

i'm also considering making each phase last 6 to 12 matches worth of games. after that i'll tally the scores the players accrued for their side.

if anyone wants an idea of which chapters were involved, narratively it was a civil war of 13 loyalist chapters vs 4 secessionist chapters, but the Tyrant's chapter, the Astral Claws, had been over recruited into the size of a legion (roughly circa 10 chapters of forces).
The Loyalists consisted of;
  • The Fire Hawks
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Firehawksmarine
  • The Marines Errant
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Marines_Errant
  • The Novamarines
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Novamarines_Battle-Brother
  • The Red Scorpions
    Badab War Campaign RED_Scorpion_ART
  • The Fire Angels
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Fire_Angels_1
  • The Howling Griffons
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Howling_Griffons_Battle-Brother
  • The Raptors
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Raptors_Marine
  • The Salamanders
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Salamanders_marine
  • The Minotaurs
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Minotaur_Marine
  • The Sons of Medusa
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Sons_of_medusa_marine
  • The Exorcists
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Exorcists_Battle-Brother
  • The Carcharodons(space sharks new name)
    Badab War Campaign 150px-SSharkIA10
  • The Star Phantoms
    Badab War Campaign 150px-StarPhantomIA10

And the Secessionist Forces:
  • The Astral Claws & Tiger Claws
    Badab War Campaign 150px-AstClawsMarineBadab War Campaign 150px-TigerClaw
  • The Mantis Warriors
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Mantismarine
  • The Executioners
    Badab War Campaign 150px-ExecutionerIA10
  • The Lamenters
    Badab War Campaign 150px-Lamentersmarine
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon May 09, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm going off memory here...

Aren't Marines Erranr, Nova marines, Raptors and Sons of Medusa all Smurf successors?

and Lamenters are BA successors?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 pm

raptors are raven guard 2nd founding successors
sons of medusa are iron hands successors (sort of;)
marines errant are eagle warriors successors (how a successor is the successor of another successor, i wont even begin to ask)
novamarines are ultramarines successors
lamenters are BA successors that supposedly had no black rage taint, but IA books shows a lamenter death company marine
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 12, 2011 11:22 am

We're going to be starting the campaign around the first weds of June, so if anyone would like to join in and be a part of it, do speak up.

as it is an Imperial Armour campaign, obviously, ALL IMPERIAL ARMOUR UNITS ARE ALLOWED. just to make that perfectly clear to everyone. if you want to take dreadnought drop pods, take them. if you want to try out the Land Raider Helios, the Achilles, the Prometheus, the Ares, take them. If you want to try the new Caestus Assault Ram, take them. there are formations that actually use these units, and i encourage players to be wild and try stuff in this campaign you normally wouldn't ever do in the hunter's league. If you feel the points cost and the risk are worth chancing a deathstorm drop pod with BS2, take it. My only limitation is no demons. Unless, you want to play your demon list and be an offshoot rogue element for one game that harasses either side of the campaign for them to earn the chance to earn 1 Campaign Point off you. Those missions can take demons.

and above all, please, join us and play with the intend of having fun; don't mathhammer the game like its a Grand Tourny; there isnt any prizes to be won at the end of this campaign, so why offend your fellow players.

As i said, June will probably be the official start of the campaign, so please pipe up if you want to join. there will be games from 1000pts per side to as high as 7,500pts per side as we build up in the campaign, and we encourage newer players to feel free to join in and learn some of the rules and units in your marine armies with us; we're not anal about the rules so we wont play hardcore on you if your new at this. And depending how many people want to join, the campaign might play through fast in a couple months, or it may be a 5 to 8 month campaign to give everyone a chance to play. I know it would be nice to give players like James a chance to participate when he's able to get into the city and away from his farm animals.

Also, if you want to play but dont think you can be consistantly available, that's totally fine; you dont have to be there EVERY game. long as you show up and play 1 or 2 games each Phase, thats more than enough. Once we get to the apoc games int he campaign, there will be a big enough heads up for those that want to try playing big games with multiple players on a board the chance to prepare their armies.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Thu May 12, 2011 11:32 am

I WANT TO PLAY, I WANT TO PLAY!

I play my Deathwing (Dark Angels)
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 12, 2011 12:01 pm

sweet! i was hoping you were interested! do you have a side you're interested in representing? loyalists or the tyrant's legion?
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Oh, loyalists I figure. Would my DW suffice? I could also manage a small force of Grey Knights
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 12, 2011 12:54 pm

both work just fine; the books even say DA could easily be use to represent Star Phantoms, who were loyalists that were given custody of the badab sector after the campaign, and that players could substitute GK for the Exorcists. and if you like you can switch between the two each phase. ie, phase 1 GK, phase 2 DW, phase 3 GK, etc. phase 3 we start seeing apoc games being healthy CP earners so maybe use your bigger army for that group unless your teaming with someone. think you mentioned your getting your GK to 2'000pts if i recall?
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu May 12, 2011 12:58 pm

so if you're joining in, that means hopefully we can get another pair or 2 to join. I know alot of you guys haven't much experience with Apocalypse, so the fact this campaign has some of them in it, this is a really good opportunity to learn how it plays and get some notches in your belt. Both me and dan have played against eachother about 3 or 4 apoc games now so either of us can participate or be overseers for the game to help smooth things out.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue May 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Just a reminder to any marine-type players out there interested, we will be starting our Badab War Campaign in June, so please let me know if your interested in joining in, and what army(s) you can bring to the table, and which side you'd like to be on if you have a preference.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down