Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOOM LEGION

+5
Timbo
ScottRadom
Lore Weaver
Viserion
smackman
9 posters

Go down

DOOM LEGION Empty DOOM LEGION

Post  smackman Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:34 am

I'm quickly collecting a Doom Legion Space Marine army and over the summer I hope to get 2500pts painted so I'm starting this up now, as usual I have come up with a crappy story for you guys to read and whine about how I'm destroying the 40k universe with my fluff, although this time I think I'm pretty safe since Imperial Records are entirely blank of information on these guys.

One of the many secrets of the Imperium is what was found on Mars deep beneath the Noctus Labyrinth where the Machine God sleeps, his telepathic powers enslaving Tech-marines into service, granting them the knowledge of machines. The Dragon of Mars desperately wants to be freed and so far all of his servants have chosen to deny him freedom and serve the Emperor. However the Emperor could see the power of the Machine God growing as the might of the Cult Mechanicus grew to support the great crusade and the many Space Marine chapters. Fearing the inevitable in M36 the Emperor founded a number of special service Space Marine chapters, the 13th founding was to remain a whisper in the vast universe, devoid of recorded history. One of these chapters was created to hunt Tech-marines that may turn their back on the Emperor and seek to set free the Dragon. In order to control the chapters own Tech-marines from turning the Emperor needed a Chapter Master with significant psychic ability. Victor Von Doom was created as a Chapter Master Librarian to lead this chapter, once the Emperor was satisfied with Doom's loyalty and fighting prowess the Chapter was named after him, they would forever be known as the Doom Legion. Originally stationed on Mars the Emperor quickly became aware of the Machine God's influence in Doom and relocated the chapter to Elusia Prime, a manufactured planet outside of Imperial space. The affect of the Machine God was too great, and Doom quickly became obsessed with acquiring technology. Reports of the Doom Legion attacking dormant Necron worlds and Eldar Craftworlds to steal technological secrets started to trickle back to the Emperor and it became apparent that Doom intended to free the Dragon of Mars. Records of the Ordo Herecticus lack significant detail, however combined with the black out of certain records from the Imperial Navy it is clear that a High Conclave was dispatched to bring Victor Von Doom back to the Emperor and destroy the Doom Legions gene seed that, like all chapters of the 13th founding was placed in the possession of the chapter rather than the vaults on Terra. However when the Conclave reached the star coordinates they did not find Elusia Prime nor could they find the Star Fortress Faithfuls Deliverance, Von Doom's Flagship. Believed to be hiding in the Elusian Maze asteroid belt the High Conclave official report did not list Von Doom as a traitor to the Imperium, believing it best to catch Von Doom in secrecy to keep the secret of Mars. Since then the Doom Legion has fought along side many Space Marine chapters, always coming to aid their battle brothers against advanced technological foes, most notably coming to the aid of Cato Sicarius against the Tau, the Doom Legion deployed a large amount of Tech-marines who teleported captured battle suits and grav tanks off world.

I'll have an update with pictures of my Victor Von Doom Librarian up later.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

DOOM LEGION Empty Re: DOOM LEGION

Post  Viserion Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:39 pm

smackman wrote:combined with the black out of certain records from the Imperial Navy it is clear that a High Conclave was dispatched to bring Victor Von Doom back to the Emperor and destroy the Doom Legions gene seed

If you tell us that the master of this High Conclave is named Reed Richards, I will limit my reaction to a quiet chuckle.

smackman wrote:The Dragon of Mars desperately wants to be freed

If you reveal that the true name of the "Dragon of Mars" is Fin Fang Foom, I will outright point and laugh
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Maybe he's got a Dreadnought named "Dormammu"
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Nah Dormammu is more of a Chaos comic book cross over
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Oh man! I am a huge Doom nerd! If my daughter had been born a dude we were going to name her Victor von Radom. As it is I still got to name my boy Maximillian von Radom as a sort of tribute. Doom is best!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Thu May 12, 2011 11:06 pm

DOOM LEGION Img_0110
DOOM LEGION Img_0111
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Fri May 13, 2011 12:05 am

That's awesome, in every way.

Dude... I got an idea. How good are you at converting? You should take the terminator sitting in the throne form space hulk and give him the Doomsy treatment.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri May 13, 2011 1:08 am

Wow, Tom. That looks great. Can't wait to see a whole army of doombots.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Mon May 16, 2011 7:12 am

DOOM LEGION IMG_0263
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 am

Looking good Tom. Cool stuff! I think a very fine highlight of chainmail or mithril on only the most raised and sharp edges would really make these guys 'pop'. That is, if you want that effect.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Space Marines, now with 100% more swank.

Looks great. Love the Necron head on that dude :-0
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Wed May 18, 2011 7:05 am

your marines are coming along nicely tom. I agree youshould give the armour a quick highlight and maybe wash the metal parts with the green wash? having a tint of green on the metal armor parts might go well with the solid green you allready have.
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed May 18, 2011 11:21 am

For sure.. Im loving thre necron head/robe dude you made for Doom'ite... great stuff.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Sat May 21, 2011 12:10 am

Man those drilled gun barrels really set off those marines
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down