Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~INFINITY~

+5
Administratum
Dana
ScottRadom
System Commander
Paz
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~INFINITY~ Empty ~INFINITY~

Post  Paz Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Infinity, a 28mm skirmish game out of spain, is, in my opinion, the only other sci-fi miniature game that contests 40k for super mini's and superior storyline. I've always been interested in playing this game. Recently, Corvus belli (the producers of infinty) have release fluff and tutorial videos, that give a super idea of how the feel and playstyle of the game runs.

Infinity story and game tutorials

There are 6 armies:

PanOceania- a western democratic realm, advanced in technology, compromising multiple systems.

~INFINITY~ Img_1202770030_486_lg

Yu-jing- the asiatic conglomerate, a powerful and totalitarian force, compromising multiple systems.

~INFINITY~ 0008YuJingStarter_NEW

Ariadna- A force of french, scottish and british settlers whose ship was lost in a wormhole, what they lack in technology they make up in kick-assery.

~INFINITY~ 256_MetrosDEPweb

Haqqislam- A moderate Islamic sect ruling a single system governed by trade routs.

~INFINITY~ 032_HaqqStarter2010web

The Nomads- Technology peddlers traveling in nomadic star-ships, a space-born people.

~INFINITY~ 231_Salyut-Zondsweb

ALEPH- the military arm of the AI that acts as a moderator between systems.

~INFINITY~ 242_Marut_web

The COMBINED- An alien conglomerate of races ruled by a AI, attempting to bring the human spheres under control.

~INFINITY~ 220_Anathematics

There are hundreds of figs already out for these armies, and lots come out each month. Too cool!

INFINITY THE GAME
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

~INFINITY~ Empty Re: ~INFINITY~

Post  System Commander Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Cool, have you picked up some minis for the game already Paz? I'd look at trying it out if the Den was carrying some figs to buy.

I remember you posting something about this last year I believe. I like the look af the Ariadna, Nomads and aAlien conglomerates guys..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Al had said he would order some in on request. Something I was and now again am planning on doing. I was hesitant last year, after investing in Helldorado, only to see the game company collapse and die, and the language barrier. Luckily Infinity is fully supported in english, by a company centred around mini's, so it might be more of a safe bet. I'm just wondering if anyone is interested in getting in on an order of some of these guys. The rules are all available without fluff online for free as well, to allow one to see if the game is their style.

I like it, because it treats ranged weapons how they should be treated= a gun will blow your effing head off, no matter how much armor you have. It's a very cover dependent game.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 pm

I've never been tempted too much by this range. Some of the mini's are great, and of the ones pictured I dig the old man and the bazooka and the nomad bug type robot. Overall too much of an anime style to their mini's for this kid. Most all of the sculptors for this range do work for themselves or other ranges and I usually dig on their other stuff too. The painter, Angel Giraldez, is retarded good. If these mini's were painted by a lesser painter I don't think people would pay as much attention to them.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Paz wrote:I like it, because it treats ranged weapons how they should be treated= a gun will blow your effing head off, no matter how much armor you have. It's a very cover dependent game.

I hope Very cover dependent doesnt mean necromunda cover dependant. that gets a little big crazy with terrain
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:46 pm

I agree that the line is a little to animae inspired for me as well. But im not even playing 40k so my argument is rendered invalid. On top of that, a guy who bought up a good chunk of my slaanesh army has convinced me to do commission work for him in order to round out the force so he can hit the bigger tournaments. That will eat up most of the time i am willing to put into miniature hobby type work for a while.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:49 pm

you should probobly put some time in on that commission down at the den. THIS THURSDAY!
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:41 pm

Dana- Nope, not necromunda, just line of sight. Check out some of the game demos on that youtube channel I posted. It just means you can't have your unit run down a street at a guy screaming and waving a chainsword; he's gunna get his head blown off by a Machine gun or quantum flux capacitor. You have to run from cover to cover, laying down covering fire and such, its central to the reaction effect part of the gameplay (I go, you react. You go, I react).

Cam- you sir, are now the king of derailing threads lol Razz . There is a large part of manga influence to the game (except for ariadna, its scary the realism and detail some of those models have) and if that's not your style, fair enough. I personally really like the suedo-manga feel, Large mechs are just too cool.

Scott- Respectfully disagree dude. This is one of the only model ranges that makes models on a generally realistic body scale. The painting is amazing, but the models do do it for me as well.

A quick army overview by Bobbafett on warseer:

"1) Differences between factions. Ok, here we go:
In Infinity the usual battle is between 200-300 pts. most o the armies can align 10 powerful miniatures with those points, other armies may use 16 or even 20. Thats the usual ammount of miniatures you will need. So, as an skirmish game, there not so much miniatures.
When you choose 10 soldiers and you have nearly 40 different troop profiles per army, the army list you can build has a lot of possibilities, so you can define your personal gaming style. It is like... you can go with Yu Jing and fight another Yu Jing player and both have compeltely different style.

Ok, armies:
PanOceania: They usually have better "BS" values, and this is the value that you use for shooting, and this is a shooting game, so, PanOceania is the most powerful army. Also, they have more variety of TAGs which are the super giant robots, usually the most powerful troops of the game. PanO is POWER. Game Style: "We don´t advance, we stand here shooting at you, try to reach our position."

Yu Jing: They usually have better "CC" values, martial arts, CC deadly weapons. But close combat fights are casual in this game, it is usually more effective shooting than using a knife. Yu Jing have more variety of Heavy Infantry, those are the guys with power armors. The coolest miniatures of the range. Yu Jing is the most complete army, they have a bit of everything.
Game Style: They can do anything, very heterodox.

Ariadna: They usually have better "PH" values, useful for dodging, climbing, fighting... These is one of the most peculiar armies of the game, they have no sci-fi technology at all, no robots, no hackers... they have some old fashioned guns, a lot of cammo troops (not sci-fi invisible, just normal experienced soldiers), even werewolves. They are good at some guerrilla tactics, ambush, courage...
Game Style:They can fill the battleground of hidden cammo troops and surprise the enemy, then hide again.

Haqqislam: They usually have better "WIP" values, useful for healing, courage, discovering cammos, hacking, innitiative... The have plenty of light infantry troops, so they can align more miniatures.
Game Style: Many miniatures, some religious faith "never surrender" rules. Multiple especialized guys, good doctors.

Nomads: Pretty standar guys in terms of values. They have a lot of Remotes and Hackers. They are maybe the best deffensive army of all.
Game Style: They can control zones of the battleground with their technology, very good with guided missiles.

Combined Army: Special "never surrender" rules. Expensive troops but superior to most of the human soldiers. Lately this range is getting the coolest miniatures.
Game Style: One, or two or even three miniatures of the usual 10 are really hard to kill, the rest are tough aliens.

ALEPH: Expensive but very powerful troops, lots of robots and technology. Hard to hit. They have things like the Marut or Achilles that can give the battle.

2) Right now there are available 12 ALEPH miniatures, they get new releases every month. I guess they will be a nearly complete army by the end of this year. You can play a 200 pts match just with the ALEPH Starter Pack.

3) Which armies are the best to play against ALEPH? Nomads and Ariadna.
Nomads are the usual ALEPH enemy. A robot themed army against a hacker themed army? guess what happens.
Also, Ariadna is effective against all the Hi-Tech armies because they don´t have robots or any technology they could use their hackers against."
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:03 am

Thats some cool stuff paz. i would likely pick up some of the models. i'm always into buying new stuff even i it isn't very popular amongst the locals. i'm gonna read up on some of the background and maybe it will be even better.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 am

This is a warhammer 40k site Paz... you tread dangerously close to heresy my friend. =I=

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:54 am

Instead of writing my thoughts on why I don't like this model range I'll just say that a picture is worth a thousand words and leave you with this:

~INFINITY~ Bubble11
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 am

Oh, and yea, ill seeya thursday Dana

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:00 am

@Paz - Man if you want to get into big mechs, then you should check this out:
http://www.dustgame.com/

I dont know fuckall about it, but im going to post some pics of the mechs in the collection. Beautiful stuff, coolest mech concepts i have ever seen i think. I actually would play a game like this just so i could buy the models. The price tag on em is damn hefty though... and im still not really sure if they have a ruleset. Here is some eyecandy.

~INFINITY~ RUNNING-KV-51

~INFINITY~ 1275874819
~INFINITY~ 1273300405

~INFINITY~ 1266326454
~INFINITY~ 1266326425
~INFINITY~ 1266326411
~INFINITY~ 1254923554
~INFINITY~ 1254923249
~INFINITY~ 1251364711
~INFINITY~ 1249902304
~INFINITY~ 1249902296
~INFINITY~ 1246338877
~INFINITY~ 1246338870

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:51 am

Paz wrote:Scott- Respectfully disagree dude. This is one of the only model ranges that makes models on a generally realistic body scale. The painting is amazing, but the models do do it for me as well.

No, there are ton's of ranges of mini's out there that provide closer to realistic proportions without the goofy poses and such. Most just don't have games attached to them.

Dust looks fantastic. It's a 54mm game, which is an odd choice but nice mini's. There's a 10 minute youtube video kicking around with a preview of the game and mini's. I lost the link.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:54 am

Ooo, Dust looks wicked.. 54 mm though? That is odd.

I do like a couple of the Inifinity factions, based off what Paz posted.., but I really personally cannot stand alot of anime.. Not that I'm racist, but I didnt like the look or feel of the asian faction, or the islamic one... and yeah, I didnt like the sleek robots. However, I liked the look of the nomads and aliens.

Dust would be great to try.. if only it was a bit smaller. 54mm would seem to foreign..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 am

Gettin' threadjacky here...

Dust is coming out as a stand alone board game. With a set number of mini's and stuff. It isn't even intitially a standard pure mini game. There are rules for using the mini's and an expanded range to follow that would turn it into a true mini game.

54mm is wierd, but I do loves me the look and fluff to dust.

ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:59 am

gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 am

Tom- Lol, wow, that's like saying warmachine and 40k are exactly the same, because of stylistic similarities. It's fine not to like anime (though this is eurocomix anime, one of many twists on the japanese style), or manga. If you do look through the infinity range, manga plays a strong role as thematic guide, but the game feels multi-cultural. There are influences from all sides, such as ariadna, which is entirely NOT anime, being a british, scottish faction.
Scott- Dust looks okay, (54mm? what am i, rich?)but its def. not my thing. I like mecha, but not just any old mecha. How exciting is it to relive ww2 with walking tanks? I don't want to dwell on such a horrible and painful event, then fantasize it, to make it okay. Big reason why I don't play flames of war. i frikkin hate hearing some arm chair generals talk about how a waffen ss squad could kill a so and so squad. That stuff actually happened.
Also, I'm looking at a game to play. Not a board game, not models to just paint. So there you go as well, different motivations.
I like 40k because its so ridiculous, and lately even that's been getting boring (reading well written fiction books then looking at the writing in general in 40k books- depressing).
I think infinity seems one of the best laid out and interesting story lines.
I think its a matter of how you grew up. If you had european or asiatic influences in the books or video or games you watched or read, then it could be your thing. If you grew up in a western oriented culture, it must be hard to find other cultures of nerdery interesting. No biggie.

Greg- whew, and here I thought this thread was a "WE HATE ANIME LULZ" steamtrain. cool beans. I may pick up some mini's on my own, see if anyone likes the play-style, running off the free rules.

I officially dub Scott and Cam "Off topic kings of Hunters!".
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:47 pm

You hear that Scott, someone has finally acknowledged our Royal heritage

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Paz wrote:How exciting is it to relive ww2 with walking tanks?

How exciting is it to play 40K?

(I keed)

(somewhat)

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Well Paz after your QQ about no one liking anime rant I'd like to say I do like some anime, I don't like the majority of this model line, Haqqislam would be cool if it wasn't called hack-islam, I like their figs. I find the story for this world stupid, but that's fine because I wouldn't read it anyways, I mean I don't even read 40k fluff why would I read this? lol.

I found another reason why I don't like this game:
~INFINITY~ Sendbinary.asp?path=\\nas01\corvusbelli.com\www\fotos\070630135227_Daktari

However I watched all the videos on their site and I really like the combat system of act/react I wouldn't mind giving the game a go, but the figs are simply not appealing to me, I probably only like enough figs out of haqqislam to make an army, there isn't a single other race they make that has 10 figs in it that don't look like =I=censor=I=, to me. I will say that the Yu Jing Ghost Wolves look =I=censor=I= awesome tho, too bad the rest of the line is unplayable because it's so ugly.

If you grew up in a western oriented culture, it must be hard to find other cultures of nerdery interesting.

Yeah, I likes what I likes, and what I likes is the best.

I'll talk to you in person about maybe getting a game of it using 40k figs going just to see if I like the rules.

PS. I just totally owned your ass with this post. BOOM-HEADSHOT!

PPS. Walking tanks are =I=censor=I= awesome, don't diss them again, not cool dude!
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:10 pm

When i was a kid, the first decent TV show i got on the farm was Robotech. That was when i was like 10-11, and i lived for it. I bought the toys, everything. I know that when i played wow most of the guys in my guild were super into animae. I dont know why, but i just got bored of cartoons before the big japanimation kick started i think. Though i do admit i got addicted to pokemon while i was in first year university. My mental stability was questionable at best during that period though.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:44 pm

This post is just damn wierd.

Playing a WWII themed game is a glorification of war, 'cause that happened, but playing a game with models that rip off your heads and keep the skulls for trophies is fun? I don't get it.

The anime/manga influence on the infinity mini's is across the board. Take a look at that retarded looking islam dude holding the light shotgun and the knife. Only in the wonderful crappy world of anime/manga etc does someone hold a knife all goofy like that. Rambo would never hold a knife like that. Especially if he was holding a shotgun with any rounds left in it in the other hand.

Some nice stuff in the line. I really like that dude with the bazooka and some of the Robots but overall I think it would take an awful lot to get this game to catch on locally.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Oh =I=censor=I=, I cant buy any nomads if that cat chick is in the line.. I better look at the rest of them.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Tom- word dude, not trying to grab converts, just checking interest. I would totally be down playing the rules using 40k figs. And yes, that fig is retarded. But a lot of the older stuff was. All the new stuff- too cool, and great sculpts just like, well, every mini game ever?

Cam- totally wasn't judging! I just like to check with people why they hate the style. Sure there are stupid stylizations, (like all art styles) but I like some of the stuff Smile

Scott- Its not the walking tanks sir, its the wwII re-enactments I dislike. A gore covered supermarine with a plasma pistol wielding a chain-axe vs. Walking tanks but everything else pretty much ww2? Its about realism. I can't say I have much problem at all with dust (lots being silly and over the top) , but more with flames of war. i guess that just carried into a lack of interest in dust.

Robyn= lol. Yeah, one bad model ruins an entire army... There are on average 20-30 figs per army, and most battles need less than 10.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next