Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just moved to town

3 posters

Go down

Just moved to town Empty Just moved to town

Post  Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Hey my name's Phil and I moved here from Victoria a few months ago. I went to Dragon's Den for the first time a few days ago and found out about this group, which seems like the place to go for 40k in Saskatoon. At home I just played with my buddies but I watched a bit of a game there (between Thousand Sons and counts-as Blood Angels - I really liked the TS bikers BTW) and it looks like you guys have good times with 40k here.

I'm interested in playing a few games, but I couldn't bring too much with me when I first came into town, so all my 40k stuff is still in storage back home. Now I'm thinking its time to get some of it shipped out here. I have around 3k pts of Blood Angels and 4k of Dark Angels, but they're probably going to stay where they are. I've been playing Blood Angels since 3rd ed came out and even though there's a new codex, I'm just bored of playing marines. I got a used 3k pt Dark Eldar army just before I moved and have really enjoyed playing that army, so I think I'll have them sent out.

I'd be interested in joining the league and playing games in a few weeks time. My Dark Eldar army is in the process of being stripped and repainted, so I'd also be interested in painting days at the store.

So that's me. If I just can't seem to win a game with DE I'll see about getting the Blood Angels sent out then :p.

Back to top Go down

Just moved to town Empty Re: Just moved to town

Post  sewerstalker Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:56 pm

I'm Rhett, I play black Templars and chaos daemons.
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:17 am

Good to see some FRESH BLOOD out in the region.

Come down this wednesday - we'll play some games Very Happy

Also, if you play Dark Eldar you will be the... SECOND person to do so. I think every other race is played at least three times with the exception of Necrons, with marines and some flavour of chaos being the most popular.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Hey Phil, my Name's Pascal, Resident painter and Daemon player. Welcome to the city. What brought you from sunny Vancouver?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Viserion Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:02 pm

he came here to get away from the constant rain lol
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Viserion Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:05 pm

oh and the name is Mike playing CSM and if I ever get around to pretending to paint them Orks. Welcome to Saskatoon!
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:11 am

I would love to come down on Wednesday but I work this Wednesday night, and the next one. After that I'll probably have one free. Heck once my army gets here I'll probably make it a preferred day off at work Very Happy

I moved from Victoria because... I'm basically a nomad at heart, and my wife has family in Saskatoon so it seemed a step up from just anywhere. I've lived in Winnipeg so I know about snow, before you brag about how cold it gets in the winter :p

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Welcome aboard, Phil. I'm Jim, I play Inquisition/Guard and I'm one of the League organizers.

Most of the 40k gaming happens on Wednesdays/Thursdays, but it's usually not that difficult to set up a game with someone for any day, and as long as the Den isn't booked for something else they're cool with you using the back for matches.

We also have events every once in a while, usually on Weekends. Not sure if your into it, but we're putting together a large Apocalypse game for mid/late september. Check the voxcast - code magenta forum for more details if interested.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:03 pm

HolyCause wrote:Good to see some FRESH BLOOD out in the region.

Come down this wednesday - we'll play some games Very Happy

Also, if you play Dark Eldar you will be the... SECOND person to do so. I think every other race is played at least three times with the exception of Necrons, with marines and some flavour of chaos being the most popular.

Theres both Tyson and Randy's roomate (or ex-rootmate?) who play Dark Eldar. And I also used to paly them alot.

but anyways, if you have thousands of poitns of stuff, you should look into the apocalypse event.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum