Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rage

+6
Guardian Angel
Matthew G
Terran
Veyure
Paz
Administratum
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

rage - Page 2 Empty Re: rage

Post  Paz Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:14 pm

As per the wording of "rage" you would need to physically move towards the nearest unit, not take the time to think tactically and jump in your rhino. I haven't read the Orc faq yet though.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:54 am

Paz wrote:As per the wording of "rage" you would need to physically move towards the nearest unit, not take the time to think tactically and jump in your rhino. I haven't read the Orc faq yet though.

Ya....that is kinda what I was thinking too.....so a Transport for your DC is really only a 1 shot item.....once they are out doing their things, that is it for them.

I am starting to think a DC drop pod may be the best way to go.......gets them to the front line guaranteed.....then they get to do their thing.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Unless you drive the rhino in front of them, blocking line of site. If they can't see an enemy, they don't rage.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Paz wrote:Unless you drive the rhino in front of them, blocking line of site. If they can't see an enemy, they don't rage.

Ah yes.....very sneaky paz......
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm only letting you do that if you free hand a tampon on your rhino paz, to stop the "rage"
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:15 pm

For that sporty, active death company on the go!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Thats up for debate as well, unless the rule says Line of Sight.

All of the rage rules in the past always made you move towards the nearest enemy unit, line of sight or not. Even if you can't see them, your probably aware something's there.. thats what all those fancy year 40,000 gadgets are for!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:31 pm

The rule says closest visible enemy. All those people arguing that visible and line of sight don't match up in the rule book is bulls hit. Anyone who speaks english should know better than that. they are just trying to squeeze the rules for their own argumentative sake.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Veyure wrote:The rule says closest visible enemy. All those people arguing that visible and line of sight don't match up in the rule book is bulls hit. Anyone who speaks english should know better than that. they are just trying to squeeze the rules for their own argumentative sake.

It all depends on the models facing right? Razz
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:28 pm

gluvzer wrote:

It all depends on the models facing right? Razz

Nice ryan. lame as s losers they are.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Robyn= As Greg so eloquently put it, "nearest visible enemy". So if the squad does not have LOS to anyone, no rage.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Cool, thats a big benefit over the old rules! I think the Chaos codex still has the dreadnaught moving towards the nearest unit.. visible or not.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 am

Alternately, I imagine you could embark on the vehicle if it was in the direction you were going. Ie, you move the death company 6" which puts them within the 2" embark range on a vehicle. Takes some clever placement, but I think it works. =)

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:55 am

Also, a easy trick for not assaulting retarded units, like a dreadnought or rhino is to shoot those bolters at another unit. Means you don't need to assault the closer unit (as you already shot at one, and rage doesn't dictate units you need to shoot at). haHA!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:32 am

I thought one of the faq's took care of that. As in, they said you can't shoot at another unit if it means you won't be able to launch an assault that turn?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:54 am

I checked the 40k rulebook faq, but I didn't see such a ruling. Is that in another Faq there Robyn?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Unless they've changed rage, back when I was using the blood rage I felt it was very clear

Model moves towards whatever hostile thing is closest to them, be it a titan, an immobile weaponless transport, a skimmer just across dangerous terrain,

The FAQ in redards to vehicles on Mad'doc grotsnik's rage is as follows: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m970066a_FAQ_Orks_Feb2010

Q. Can Grotsnik board a vehicle if doing so will get him closer to the nearest enemy than if he moved normally?

A. In the spirit of the rule, if embarking in a vehicle will not prevent him from charging that turn and will also get him closer to the nearest enemy than moving normally that turn, he may do that. Once aboard, the vehicle must always move in such a way as to move as fast as possible towards the closest enemy and allow Grotsnik to disembark and charge the closest enemy as soon as possible.

-so Rage from my understanding is also confered upon any transport the raged unit enters, so if DC is in a LR, then "Once aboard, the vehicle must always move in such a way as to move as fast as possible towards the closest enemy and allow [the raged unit] to disembark and charge the closest enemy as soon as possible."

But the DC may re-enter a transport after disembarking, " if embarking in a vehicle will not prevent [them] from charging that turn and will also get [them] closer to the nearest enemy than moving normally that turn, [they] may do that"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I know this isnt the exact same thing as rage but for inquisitors:

Righteous fury(priests)- May move as normal. Always count as moving, may not shoot if it will prevent them from charging. Must charge in the assault phase if able to reach a target, though they don't need to assault the closest one
(edited as per the FAQ psichotykwyrm posted)

So, thats all teh FAQ I can find on rage....

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Seems like that could easily cause arguments. How do you measure what "could" be the fastest way to an enemy? Especially in the case of a Rhino or Razorback that you can't assault out of and need an extra turn to get out and stand there.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:44 pm

Iff the DC are out of assault range, then they can jump into a vehicle as long as they end up more than 6" closer to what was their nearest enemy before embarking, since they will then be closer and able to hop out and assault next turn

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:46 pm

True
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Adding the rage rule to the vehicle the unit in then adds the ability to confer DoA onto a drop pod or landraider or gunship for deep striking purposes. so if anyone feels like opening that box....

it's a tough one based on that. I think it's a terrible ruling IMO. The rage model/unit is nto the ones driving and such the vehicle should not be subject to rage.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Well thats not my interpretation of the rule; it is Games Workshop's FAQ

As they have spellt it, as per their most recent errata/FAQ upon raged models and vehicles,

"Once aboard, the vehicle must always move in such a way as to move as fast as possible towards the closest enemy and allow [the raged unit] to disembark and charge the closest enemy as soon as possible."

And so, you can deep strike anywhere, but if your LR is on the table turn one, and I go first,.. then I can unload a rhino and drive it up 6 inches, and keep the rest of my army back. The Death Company will yell at their drivers to rush headlong into centerfeild so that they can jump out and beat the =I=censor=I= out of my empty Rhino with their Thunderhammers and furious charge

Back to top Go down

Post  Viserion Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Correct me if I am wrong as I don't have an Ork codex in front of me but Mad Dok Grotsnik is not subject to rage but his own form of "madness". It seems to be a bit of a jump to say "it's sort of like rage, so lets call it rage and apply it to other non special characters and basic troop choices"
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Oh, I didnt know if it was something different, I figured his only madness thing was that he gave rage to squads he joins....

Seeing as several players are probably going to be playing BA this sunday, and are likely to include a death company, how exactly are we going to rule them?

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Well if the dok has a rule different rule than rage then the faq does not apply to rage. I would suggest keep with the tradition that a model's special rules do not transfer to vehicles they are in. otherwise the DoA would also have to the same way and drop pods and land raiders deep striking with models with the ability get to reroll reserves and only scatter 1d6.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next