Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inquisition 1800

Go down

Inquisition 1800 Empty Inquisition 1800

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:17 pm

So I've been trying out sisters lately, and I'm wondering what people think of the following army composition. it's 1800 points base, modifiable up or down. A few of the units I'm still having to proxy for it till I can afford the models, but I'd like some thoughts.

HQ:
Cannoness: Eviscerator, Cloak of St Aspira, Mantle of Ophelia, Book of St. Lucius, Jump Pack - 130 pts
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord: Psycannon, Power Sword, Psyhic Hood, 3 Gun Servitors(Heavy Bolters), 2 Mystics, 1 Sage - 202

Troops:
Sisters of Battle: 1 Veteran Superior(Eviscerator, Book), 9 Sisters(2 Meltaguns) - 174 pts
Sisters of Battle: 1 Veteran Superior(Eviscerator, Book), 9 Sisters(2 Meltaguns) - 174 pts

Infantry Platoon:(200 Pts)
Command Squad: 1 Commander, 4 Guardsmen(4 MeltaGuns) - 70 pts
Infantry Squad: 1 Sergeant, 9 Guardsmen(AC/Sniper OR ML) - 65 pts
Infantry Squad: 1 Sergeant, 9 Guardsmen(AC/Sniper, OR ML) - 65 pts

Infantry Platoon:(200 Pts)
Command Squad: 1 Commander, 4 Guardsmen(4 MeltaGuns) - 70 pts
Infantry Squad: 1 Sergeant, 9 Guardsmen(AC/Sniper OR ML) - 65 pts
Infantry Squad: 1 Sergeant, 9 Guardsmen(AC/Sniper, OR ML) - 65 pts

Heavy:
Leman Russ Battle Tank: Knight Commander Pask(Battle Cannon, Hull-mounted Lascannon, 2 Sponson Plasma Cannons) - 255 pts
Exorcist Tank: Exorcist Launcher - 135 pts
Exorcist Tank: Exorcist Launcher - 135 pts

Transports:
2x Chimera - Multilaser, Heavy Flamer, Pintle Stubber - 130 (PCS)
Chimera - Multilaser, Heavy Bolter, Pintle Stubber - 65 (Inq. Lord) *

Total: 1800

*NOTE: The Chimera is actually a Guard chimera bought for an infantry squad, the Inq. Lord just 'borrows' it. when the game starts.

Back to top Go down

Inquisition 1800 Empty Re: Inquisition 1800

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:36 pm

I'm not sold on infantry platoons with heavy weapons teams attached. It just seems so... inefficient.

Why do the Veteran superiors have books AND meltaguns? Are you staying back to help the weeny guardsman or not? IMHO they could benefit from a transport, but... then you run into the issue of "suicide vet squads are better".

Stubber isn't worth it imho, either you're a pillbox (meh) or you're a zoomer delivering meltagun shots.

I've faced this army, and whilst it's beaten me a couple times (well, my nids) it's certainly not near as efficient as it could be. I would love to see this go up against Tau or seer council eldar, tbh. Would be an interesting fight.

Oh, and that canonness is really !@#$ing annoying, only because that psychic hood stopped my null zone and it took me 2 turns of assault to paste her through her stupid 2+ invul.

I'd like to face this again with my marines this upcoming wednesday. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 pm

if you are facing jim a word of advice faith points can kill you, but jim this list looks awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Two infantry platoons are required before you can take a Leman Russ or Sentinels, and I figured If I've got them, I might as well throw on the 10/15 point gun since I'm going to be having the guards sitting at home on a point anyways.

The Vet Superiors just have Eviscerator, Bolt Pistol, and Book of St. Lucius. The sisters themselves have 2 Meltaguns/squad. I don't really use them as a counter-charge unit, more as a 'charge' unit. I send them out front to drwa enemy fire, and take points that my immobile guard platoons can't do so well.

Can't take veterans in a Witch-hunters army, plus Vets wouldn't give me faith points to keep that Cannoness invulnerable. Very Happy

The Stubber is STR 4, so it's a defensive weapon, meaning I can fire it even when I move. I use my Chimeras as mobile weapons platforms.

BTW, anybody think I should give the Cannoness a Celestian retinue and drop the jump pack? Or just leave her as is?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:14 pm

looks good. I wonder what, if ever, GW will have to say about new abilities and upgrades for attached forces. In the witch-hunter's codex, it says you can only take upgrades and war-gear from the imperial guard Codex. So the new one has Pask, as an example. Is that kosher? I would assume so, but I thought I would bring it up for Jim's sake, before an opponent questions it. Do we count the 4th and 5th ed. codex's as the same? Or would the witch-hunter's player be forced to rely on the older war-gear options?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 pm

Pask may only be bought for a Leman Russ.

(as a side note the only leman russ he's good in is the executioner, but meh)

EDIT: Wait, do you mean Pask bought for a leman russ in a witch hunter's army? That's perfectly legal, nothing wrong with it.

This list doesn't begin to abuse the sillyness that is not updating a codex nearly enough... I should post that 50 man guardsman list, total gouda Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:19 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m470041a_FAQ_ImperialGuard_2009.pdf

The last question is about how the new Guard codex works with allies, and they specifiy that it must be a leman russ battle tank, but they don't say you can't take the appropriate upgrades. I'd assume that if they go out of their way to say 'can't be a demolisher/executioner etc', and don't mention pask, that he's stil viable. He's an upgrade just like HK missile, Hull-mounted Lascannon, Dozer blade.

@ ALEX: Actually I've been hearing about that a lot but I don't know what it is. I'd personally like to see it so I know what it is you're talking about. Is it just the standard '50 guards, 5 power fists, commisar'? that doesn't seem particularily OP to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:23 pm

HC= Don't casually dismiss someone's opinion without proof young grasshopper. That way leads to the dark side.

Jim= Good call! That sounds cool beans all around, with that in mind, no one should give you grief about it.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down