Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~

+9
ScottRadom
Administratum
master of the deathwing
Veyure
evilsuns10
Cjihad
sewerstalker
smackman
Paz
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 Empty Re: ~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~

Post  Administratum Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:09 pm

That is really good news, because vallejo paints are one of the things that people have wanted, and were unable to get through Darren. Im glad this got posted.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 Empty Re: ~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~

Post  ScottRadom Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:57 pm

How were the casts on those bases? I've found Micro Art stuff to be pretty sketchy for QC. I've got some of their bases and they're discworld figs. The bases were awfully poor but the figs were fantastic.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Casts weren't to bad Scott. Couple of air bubbles, but not on the top of the bases, just under. Fairly small, so I don't mind.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 pm

Aaaannnnd here's the beginning of the Land speeder storm! I gotta say, its a beautiful and super detailed model, and a breeze to put together (though there is literally a bizillion bitz).

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020323

As you can see, I've converted the HB the model comes with to a flamer, as it does make more sense Razz

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020324

I've magnetized the LSS to the base, as the base is heavy, and those stands are notoriously snap-y. I'm also gunna paint the crew separate, to make my life easier.

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020325

"GO GO GO!!"
Razz Razz

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020326
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:15 am

Wow looks really good keep it up.
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:51 am

When i looked at i the first thing that caught my eye was the heavy flamer which i thought looked really awesom. I am not familiar with the kit so i figured it was actually the one that came with the model. Nice work

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:56 am

The flamer caught my eye as well. It stands out really well but not intrusively.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:58 am

HF conversion looks good. I was lazy and just put sentinal HF's on my 2 storms
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:43 pm

That's lame ryan. Razz
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:38 pm

Lol, that is a sentinel heavy flamer im pretty sure. i just cut off the back of the HB, and fitted the two together, so it fits in the gunners hands, and onto the firing rail.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Is not Greg! Razz

I just used the whole flamer, added a sentinal fuel tank to the side and when angled right looked ok with respect to the gunner. Nothing wrong with yours and the way you did it, like I said looks good. Should be a really cool looking army.

You are inspiring me to get painting again. Its probably been a month or two since I picked up a brush.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Cool beans Ryan. Also, as I know your spacer marine army is using all scout heads, I've got oodles if you need more Razz
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:05 am

Thanks for the offer. I'll be sure to hit you up if I need any. I did order lots from the warstore on a bit order Cam and I did a long time ago, so I should be good for awhile.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:59 am

Update!

Been plugging away at this army, instead of studying for finals (groan Sad )....

About half done these guys! Many layers it took to get an even color on the storm, and I may have to go back in for some more yellow detailing. Lots more to go, but she's getting there!

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020331

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020332

I came across a problem when assembling the crew= They are almost all molded with Bolters! Sure, some cool bolter reload poses, but my scouts all have ccw's! So cut cut cut, now they are correctly weapon'd.

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020327

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020328

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020329

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020330

More to follow!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:28 am

As always my friend, Good work. Yellow is a tough colour and you make it look really nice.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:34 am

Yes it looks very good..
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:43 am

you make it sound all easy. good work
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheRanger Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:07 am

the speeder and the crew look amazing

TheRanger
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:55 am

UPDATE!!!! xmas was waaay busy, so time for painting was difficult. But still , I manged to get the LS storm to 80% completion, and thought I would share. I still have to do the vehicle stripes (I will do a couple of digital paint-overs to check cool patterns), the glow from the engine cladding and the sarge's sword. I prefer freehand symbols to decals, as I can never make decals look natural. Of course I just had to pick one of the most intricate chapter symbols...

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020341

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020342

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020343

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020345

~Astral Claws Orbital strike company~ - Page 2 P1020344
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Wow Paz! You make yellow look easy to paint. Keep up the good work
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:11 pm

you are a painting god affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  jhare Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:28 pm

tend to agree.....
jhare
jhare
Mystic

http://www.jamesedwardhare.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Too good looking!!! cant look away!!!!
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Paz wrote:Of course I just had to pick one of the most intricate chapter symbols...
But you still managed to make it look good. A couple of the fingers look a little wonky but that's only a very minor issue and isn't easily seen.

... and yes, no matter how many times I look at the model, that's all I can find to nit-pick.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2