Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Space Wolf Models

+9
Timbo
System Commander
sewerstalker
master of the deathwing
Lord_Commander_Stash
ScottRadom
gluvzer
Paz
Veyure
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Space Wolf Models Empty New Space Wolf Models

Post  Veyure Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:57 pm

New Space Wolf Models SW-04

That's my favourite one, but here's the link to all the sneak peeks at BoLS.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/09/40k-sneek-peek-space-wolf-minis-and-ics.html
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

New Space Wolf Models Empty Re: New Space Wolf Models

Post  Paz Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:29 pm

.... im actually super unimpressed with those miniatures, that wolf is so anatomically incorrect you could call it a long legged bear/horse and get away with it. And this after those super sweet SH termies... well i guess i wont be investing in a lot of those minis, except for the termis, those are kinda cool.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:47 pm

I think they look pretty unimpressive, for the most part. The marines and termies look ok. That dude holding his lightning claw over his head looks =I=censor=I= terrible pose and sculpt wise. I don't like the wolf guy and I think it's a bad idea.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Those are the worst. But I've always hated Space wolf models. Lukas el Trapaso or whatever the hell his moniker is with the plasma pistol and the lightning claw looks real bad. That's an understatement. Hmmm.... actually I think it looks like the sculptor took a greasy dump in one hand, puked in the other hand, then clapped his hands together as fast as he could. The spray that landed in his face streaked down his chin and formed all stalactite style the foundations of that model.

I do think it is the worst model I have ever seen from GW. Maybe from any company. Maybe not I-kore, but you get the idea.

That wolf thing is pretty wierd lookin'. Hopefully the guy who sulpted this range gets eaten by an actual wolf. Would that be irony? That stupid Allanis song threw me off back in the day and now I don't even know what real good 'n proper irony is supposed to be.

I was jazzed to see new GW plastics as the space hulk models are beyond impressive. Better detail then most metals, and great poses for the most part. Love the idea of the kneeling terminator peeling up the floor. Don't know what the =I=censor=I= his plan is, but that cat has got an idea cookin' in his melon for sure!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:45 pm

gluvzer wrote:I think they look pretty unimpressive, for the most part. The marines and termies look ok. That dude holding his lightning claw over his head looks =I=censor=I= terrible pose and sculpt wise. I don't like the wolf guy and I think it's a bad idea.

I think the Librarian looks cool. But the rest I can't say that I like.

The guy riding the wolf model, as a whole, looks like it belongs in the WFB Empire book. Also the wolf looks like its growling on one side, and tame on the other.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:07 pm

I've been reading the rules, and it seems the HQ choices are an average 240-290 pts each, couple that with all of them being relentless (hello longfang heavy bolters!) and you have some of the most expensive units after deathwing. not that i mind, sounds sweet! Only new character I like would be Njal, agreed, I love loki dudes rules and backstory, but those silly effin wolfclaw-wolverine looking things ruin a good model.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 pm

oh, god. they are some of the worst models i have ever seen Gw put out. (but these were pretty bad too) New Space Wolf Models M125060599060214038colw
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Ya the models are pretty bad, along with those bow men guys.
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:00 pm

sewerstalker wrote:Ya the models are pretty bad, along with those bow men guys.

Laughing yup
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:14 pm

GW manages to =I=censor=I= up the Space Wolf line yet again. Does anybody else remember the original space wolf scout figs? The skinny old men with ponytails.

And there are A LOT worse things out there than halfling bowmen figs.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Yeah, you stole the words out of my mouth.. Ithose haflings figs are a long way off from the GW bad list.. or maybe you just dont like halfings?

I cant stand the marine on wolf model.. if they would of made the whole thing a robot wofl.. maaaaaaybe I cuold of been more convinced .. as it stand though, I dislike it. The freaking claw in air plasma dude is by far the worst though.. it really looks like they just created him from bits...

If the SW Hq's are comiung in at 250-290 points.. they sure as hell all be immune to insta death and capable of taking out tanks and other big baddies by themselves.. damn, thats nutso!

Some things seem good, some seem bad so I dont really know what to think yet in terms of rules.

I will say though the basic termies and Stormcaller look good though..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Those are awful. It will be a damn shame to see those models on the table.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:26 pm

It almost seems as if the space wolves are gunna be even more elitist versions of csm's. Relentless heavy bolters= powerful sonic blasters. combat god units, and a general super elite base. I actually really like the terminators, and the conversion kits are interesting, and Njal isnt bad, but everything else is just silly and badly sculpted. To bad really...
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:10 pm

According to BOLS their troops are ridiculously good for the cost. So maybe just the HQs are crazy expensive.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:19 pm

System Commander wrote:Yeah, you stole the words out of my mouth.. Ithose haflings figs are a long way off from the GW bad list.. or maybe you just dont like halfings?

I cant stand the marine on wolf model.. if they would of made the whole thing a robot wofl.. maaaaaaybe I cuold of been more convinced .. as it stand though, I dislike it. The freaking claw in air plasma dude is by far the worst though.. it really looks like they just created him from bits...

If the SW Hq's are comiung in at 250-290 points.. they sure as hell all be immune to insta death and capable of taking out tanks and other big baddies by themselves.. damn, thats nutso!

Some things seem good, some seem bad so I dont really know what to think yet in terms of rules.

I will say though the basic termies and Stormcaller look good though..
ok, i hate halflings so i'm kinda biased (they look like midgets that have been deformed and given things way too big for their bodies), but there bows look kinda strange to.
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:11 pm

Well....at least the rules for the space wolves as supposed to be insane. From reading on BoLS, everyone believes it will be the army to beat.

I get the feeling that it will be a close combat monster army....standard COUNTER CHARGE for the entire army...yikes. As well, with the long fangs have 5 heavy weapons and being able to split their shots, they will be a ranged threat as well.

I am sure the models will sell well, even if you think they are crappy. If the models are all plastic, they will be converted easily....and if they are metal, well, then it will be more difficult.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:07 pm

with all this basjing of the models you forget that these are the typical poses gw used for a lot of their models. i don't know why everyone says they are bad when all the griping is just about the guy on wolf and the guy with plasma pistol. i personally think the power armour guys look good (better than plain marines) minus the wierd haircuts and the termies look really good with all the talismans. also the stormcaller has to be one of the better character models to come outin a while (except maybe harker and straken which are amazing imo).

Other than just saying everything sucks be more specific with what sucks and maybe i can put some more look into my argument. overall more good than bad i must say.

There, that is me fighting the general consensus in defense of GW.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:38 pm

I think thats everyone main gripe, the wolf dude and the guy with claw overhead.

With the mini's they've out lately, those are just baaaaad. The dude on WOlf will probably come in at $45-50 as well. Im sure he'll tough as nails.. but .. ugh, the model. Id be tempted to make a big ass bike with wolf skins/pelts instead.

The basic guys are pretty normal, and the termies look good. My biggest problem with the whole range, old and new are the freaking stand straight up hair.. I dont like those heads..

I guess considering what they did for regular marines and they're HQ, as well as the Guard, Orks, and Daemons.. the new HQ's definitely dont measure up.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:10 pm

I think they're damn awful. I have always hated the Space Wolves mostly 'cause I thin they've always looked retarded. First gripe.....

.....You're an eight foot tall genetically modified super human who's been fighting for centuries. As a rite fo passage you kill a wolf. Really? Don't Salamanders kill friggin' Dragon's and stuff? Shouldn't the wolves on their home planet all hide in terror of the 8 foot tall suepr humans killing them? Just lame. Lame fluff to me.

Other then that, the red hair tufts look stupid. The Stormcaller looks like a brick unable to move under his own power. The terminators look OK, but nowwhere near as cool or well done as the Space Hulk ones. Probably 'cause of the nature of the mutli pose kit though. The reg marines are all goofy as hell looking, but I personally hate most marines with their helmets off. let alone when they try to make them look like Danzig from the "Mother" video.

The dude on a wolf is insultingly bad. The idiot with the plasma pistol.... well I'll just say again I don't like them.

The excuse that these poses are used for most GW stuff doesn't hack it. Just 'cause they've alwasy been this way doesn't mean they can't change for the better.

Not hackin' on you at all Greg, I just think that given the quality work GW is putting into their plastics I was expecting way, way more from this release. The Skaven sneak peek also look unimpressive as well.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:55 pm

I dont have time to read everyones postulations on the crap gw puts out, but i just wanted to pipe in and say that marines riding giant wolves is the gayest =I=censor=I= i have ever heard of. I will riddicule anyone who takes this unit, even if it is amazing good.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:56 am

Well Scott, you hate everything about GW it seems so i am not going to argue with you. I was just surprised when everyone said they didn't like it. Almost like everyone was scared to disagree with everyone else. I'm happy you mentioned the reasons why you didn't like everything, unlike many others who just said "These are unimpressive" or "the worst GW has ever put out".

I will argue that even though the there have been better sculpts in the past few releases, they are still way better than back when the first SW codex was released.

And i'm not saying that because the poses are the same as they've always done, just that the poses were put out on previous models and people have really liked them so i was just confused as to why everyone would hate it now.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  ice Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:50 am

I'm really diggin the new Stormcaller model! It's waaaaay better then the Njal model that I STILL have. the regular wolves aren't amazing, but they aren't terrible (unless they're metal) I'll still get them for the extra bitz.
ice
ice
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:11 am

I don't hate GW Greg. Love 'em actually! Spent last night playing Space Hulk with Ryan Glover. I've lost my desire to game much as I've been really enjoying the painting end of the hobby. Without the motivation to game I've found I don't buy near as much GW stuff as I used to. There's a lot of companies out there that I feel make much nicer product's then GW, but none of that takes away what I like about GW. Once you start dealing with companies that don't care about release schedules, customer service, or updating any games they might produce I quickly feel refreshed thinking about GW. If you look at a mini range like Hell Dorado (Awesome stuff!) then realize theat the company couldn't make a go of it as they wouldn't even bother translating their rule book into english, or Rackham (A company who's mini's I didn't like at all) just decides to quit making the game and mini's and focus on pre painted plastic it's really easy to develop an appreciation for GW.

But just comparing GW to GW, I think the Space Wolves are bad. The whole thing looks rushed. I think GW should pony up and pick up some of the better sculptors around these days. I know they don't pay very well for their sculptors and I think they should invest in some of the top talent going around.

But comparing GW to the releases of the IG command sprue, the Fantasy Chaos Marauders and Chaos Knights I think these are just ass poor. Then of course the style thing and the Super Human bragging about killing a wolf has always seemed silly to me. I love viking style stuff, I just don't know that they did a great job of translating it to the 40k realm.

Other than that, know that I will always love you Greg. You are in my heart!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:17 am

Why the hell do I have to explain why I don't like a fig. I DON'T LIKE IT! There, I did my critique of it.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:21 am

but did you see the size of the wolf that's being ridden,it's as big as a horse. i'm pretty sure a wild one could take out a single marine when bare handed. i like to compare the new sw models to the old ones. people who play wolves definately got upgraded in that respect. i don't plan on buying or playing them so it don' trealy matter.
Oh and im glad the love is still there. you haven't flamed me in a while so i was starting to wonder. Smile

And ryan it's because a statement without an argument is just lame and it makes me think you are just following the crowd without your own ideas. And i know you have a better mind than Paz who originally started the negativity toward these models. or are you?
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next